Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I just want to say the original patch worked fine for me my keyboard light went off when the slider was closed. It just didn't maintain whatever percentage it had once it was closed. My vote to leave it with the original one. Since we have only heard from three people that have used it and each one of us have different results and probably different setups, probably need someone else to chime in.
    well neither worked for me anyways...the 2nd one didnt work at all...1st one worked perfectly of course till i closed the slider and the display changed...so none worked for me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

I don't have a Pre, I can't test.
    you may have answered this question before, but why don't you have a Pre?

Dude. you make our Pre life sooooo much sweeter. you should have a Pre. If its cause your a teen (or pre-teen) and you can't afford it then we need to have a fund raiser for you my friend!
    You rock!
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    you may have answered this question before, but why don't you have a Pre?

Dude. you make our Pre life sooooo much sweeter. you should have a Pre. If its cause your a teen (or pre-teen) and you can't afford it then we need to have a fund raiser for you my friend!
    You rock!
    lol he's 21 yrs old plus if i remember he doesnt have a pre yet bc (i think) his service provider of his choice doesnt have it yet....dont remember lol jason correct me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

ok, so i tried both and the first one worked when i changed the settings but when I closed it and reopened it, the keyboard did not light up at all since I put the screen brightness all the way down.

the second one did the same thing except when i was messing around with the settings, I noticed that when i changed the settings in the screen and lock app the keyboard toggle dissapears, leaving only the display toggle. but after i mess around with brightness unlinked the toggle comes back.

maybe its because i have the brightness unlinked app and the reduce minimum brightness tweak?????

would it be possible to just install a toggle for the keyboard's brightness in the regular screen settings. that would be good enough for me.

hopefully Jason can figure it out or can work with the person who developed the b/u app.
    Last edited by tenmagnet2; 11/02/2009 at 12:15 AM.
    having same problems as post above, when slider is open the lights on and when i close and open again it doesnt turn on. hope we can get this fixed soon tnx jason for your hard work
    After I install the patch I only see a listing for Display and not for the keyboard? Hopefully u get this going, I haven't looked into Brightness unlinked but doesn't seem like ready for primetime, once he has the touchstone feature wokred out might check it out.

Thanks.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    hey jason is this going to be the hardest patch for you to make for not literally having a pre? I don't doubt you at all of course from all the stuff you've done...but yeah I don't know how hard this could be because I know zinge was able to make it as an app but it had to run in the background but he couldn't get the light sensor to work if I remember then the biggest bug was the touchstone toggle which would mess up pre's and people especially me had to restart everytime and ever since that I stopped using the app

Update: you are already a pre/webOS god for us...but damn if you could get this to work...I don't know what else to call you lol
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    lol he's 21 yrs old plus if i remember he doesnt have a pre yet bc (i think) his service provider of his choice doesnt have it yet....dont remember lol jason correct me
    My criteria for a Pre are that it needs to work on any available carrier for me, and that it be under warranty (I prefer qwerty too, lol). From what I've been told, porting a Pre to an non-official provider would void warranty. To make the pain deeper, Palm teased with the idea of developer device and a $100 developer discount back in May in the EarlyAccessProgram, but never followed through. I've tried asking Chuq, but he hasn't been able so say he'd help if he could. So, if you would like to help get me a Pre, feel free to tweet @palm (maybe @foxycar too), might get some attention, cause I really am starting to get a bit fed up with things.

Anyway, back to a more positive note
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey jason is this going to be the hardest patch for you to make for not literally having a pre? I don't doubt you at all of course from all the stuff you've done...but yeah I don't know how hard this could be because I know zinge was able to make it as an app but it had to run in the background but he couldn't get the light sensor to work if I remember then the biggest bug was the touchstone toggle which would mess up pre's and people especially me had to restart everytime and ever since that I stopped using the app

Update: you are already a pre/webOS god for us...but damn if you could get this to work...I don't know what else to call you lol
    maxima2k53, up for a bit of testing later this evening? (exploratory testing on this and one other small thing. I have a few idea, but not are promising for this unfortunately)
    maxima2k53, up for a bit of testing later this evening? (exploratory testing on this and one other small thing. I have a few idea, but not are promising for this unfortunately)
    you know I'm always up for testing jason

Update: I hope this patch can be easily or somewhat be done without much problems but if it can't the normal brightness slider is still ok but still won't hurt exploring if this can work
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 11/02/2009 at 08:34 AM.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

thanks so much jason your the bomb!!!!!!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11.    #51  
    Now that my PC is back up and running (upgrading to windows 7), if you need any more testers, I'm down for the cause Jason.
    any progress on the patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by tenmagnet2 View Post
    any progress on the patch?
    Honestly, don't be too hopeful on this. The the regular brightness patch is far more clean anyway.
    Honestly, don't be too hopeful on this. The the regular brightness patch is far more clean anyway.
    I'll be home in 15 mins I'll be ready to test by then
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

hey jay...im home already...down for some testing now whenever ur ready
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

any update on the patch yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    any update on the patch yet?
    not yet...jason was working on other patches like data toggle and roam only toggle
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

ah alright, is he having trouble with this patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    ah alright, is he having trouble with this patch?
    yep...he said it might not happen
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

sux, cant he just do a seperate one like he did with the screen? just one for keyboard by itself? just my thot dont really know much about this stuff lol
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast