Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I just ran the 1.4.5 update on Sprint and this patch (which I love) no longer applies cleanly. Here is the IPKG log:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 11430 100 11430 0 0 13481 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 55756
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-gps-in-device-menu
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-gps-in-device-menu.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-gps-in-device-menu from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-gps-in-device-menu.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    ditto
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    GPS Toggle patch doesnt work on my german veer ...
    Hey,

I think this is a great patch. Thanks! Works great with my Pre 3 (UK), webOS v2.2, Build 3171.

Cheerio,

cgsolano
    This is a great patch and it seems to work well.

One minor glitch is that with this patch installed, after a reboot, the first time I tap the launcher icon, instead of the launcher popping up, the device menu is pulled down. And that is the only time this happens -- subsequently the launcher icon works normally.

I've verified that this patch is the cause, because after removing it the symptom went away, and after reinstalling it the symptom came back.

As this does not affect normal use, it is not a real issue, but I think Jason might want to know.

Sean

p.s. 1.5.4.1 on pixi plus
    Last edited by snehne; 12/20/2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: added sys info
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Hi!
    Is there any way to make this or any other one of Jason's patches work on international (German) versions of WebOS?
    -pac
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman84 View Post
    Hi!
    Is there any way to make this or any other one of Jason's patches work on international (German) versions of WebOS?
    -pac
    Try the metaview patch for the top bar. It says it's language independent and given that the developer is German, I'm sure it'll work on the German localization. It has many of Jason's patches rolled into one package.
    Hi!

Anyway on getting this patch to work on a German Pre3? I just want to switch on and off the GPS as easy, the other Menus should remain.
    There is already a language independent patch: Patch: Umschalten zwischen 3G / 2G - Software - Nexave Palmforum
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    There is already a language independent patch: Patch: Umschalten zwischen 3G / 2G - Software - Nexave Palmforum
    Thanks, but this is not exactly what I am searching, I just wanted the GPS toggle option, not all the other ones, and, despite of that, the "Advanced..." stuff has crashed on my wife's Pre3 (nothing from it's patch is working nor can we remove it - need to doctor but no time and will to do that). If Jason could do his magic so that his patch would work on our Pre3 this would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by saf69 View Post
    Thanks, but this is not exactly what I am searching, I just wanted the GPS toggle option, not all the other ones, and, despite of that, the "Advanced..." stuff has crashed on my wife's Pre3 (nothing from it's patch is working nor can we remove it - need to doctor but no time and will to do that). If Jason could do his magic so that his patch would work on our Pre3 this would be great!
    Well that's your choice... The patch is not an "Advanced..." patch, but you're right it adds some more options than just GPS on/off to the device menu.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123