Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It seems that this patch is ignoring the localized html files in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/ so users with a non-english language (like me) can't see anything. Please include files like /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de_de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html in this patch.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Jason, Incredible work! Your tremendous work has made WebOS much better than it was by default!

I have a request for this GPS in the topbar menu patch:
    If at all possible it would be good to have the GPS menu function in the same manner as the Bluetooth and WiFi menu items work.

In other words: on first press the menu should expand and show a sub-menu containing "Turn on/off GPS" in the first sub-menu item and "GPS Preferences" in the second sub-menu item.

Of course, pressing the "GPS Preferences" item would take you to the "Location Services" preference card/window and pressing "Turn on/off GPS" would simply turn the GPS radio On or Off.

This would make the behavior consistent across the WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS topbar menus.

Just an idea. Cheers!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Every time the AUPT stuff gets updated I have to go through
    and update all my patches in Preware and this one GPS in the Device menu
    always fails to update. I can Remove it, except it doesn't
    actually remove it. It's no longer in my list of patches
    but the option to turn GPS on or off remains in the device menu.
    If I try to install it again, it fails, saying there's a reversed patch.
    I can force the install in Quick Install but it doesn't actually fix anything.
    It'll fail on the next update.

How do I get this straightened out so I don't have to battle with
    AUPT process every time?

ian
    I have this patch installed and thought it worked well enough. However when I turn this gps off using this patch I can still get a gps fix via google maps. i went into location services & it still says gps is on even tho the patch says it off. however if I do the reverse & go into location services & turn off gps it turns off the patch & i can no longer get a gps fix. i'm on a vzw pre btw. thanks jason i really enjoy ur work!
    Same Problem as Daemon - it's there, but doesnt think it is ( in the list) I guess WOSQI will let me force it - thankfully.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I see a similar problem, but I think I know (somewhat) where the problem lies - I think there's something conflicting between Jason's GPS in Device Menu patch and one of the patches in Advanced Phone Menu amalgamated patch.

I took my theme and all patches off, and ran Jason's Repair Utility on the phone. It came up clean, save for one file dealing with the Developer Mode utility. I then tried applying the GPS patch by itself via WOSQI. Worked just fine. Noticed it showed up as installed in Preware too. Uninstalled the patch via WOSQI.

Went back into Preware and tried to install it, again as the only patch. Worked just fine. Started installing the other patches I use. When I got to the Advanced Phone Menu, that install failed. Hunks rejected in the postinstall. Since that patch and the GPS patch are working in the same area, I uninstalled the GPS patch, then tried the Advanced Phone Menu patch. Worked. GPS patch now doesn't install.

I haven't dug into the three patches that make up the Advanced Phone Menu patch to see which one is causing the issue.

I hope this is of help, I know Jason's probably a little busy right now with the impending 1.4 rollout.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    I see a similar problem, but I think I know (somewhat) where the problem lies - I think there's something conflicting between Jason's GPS in Device Menu patch and one of the patches in Advanced Phone Menu amalgamated patch.

I took my theme and all patches off, and ran Jason's Repair Utility on the phone. It came up clean, save for one file dealing with the Developer Mode utility. I then tried applying the GPS patch by itself via WOSQI. Worked just fine. Noticed it showed up as installed in Preware too. Uninstalled the patch via WOSQI.

Went back into Preware and tried to install it, again as the only patch. Worked just fine. Started installing the other patches I use. When I got to the Advanced Phone Menu, that install failed. Hunks rejected in the postinstall. Since that patch and the GPS patch are working in the same area, I uninstalled the GPS patch, then tried the Advanced Phone Menu patch. Worked. GPS patch now doesn't install.

I haven't dug into the three patches that make up the Advanced Phone Menu patch to see which one is causing the issue.

I hope this is of help, I know Jason's probably a little busy right now with the impending 1.4 rollout.
    Yea, those patches edit very near eachother and that probably why they conflict. Might be worth it to do use one of the mixes, maybe the Megamix?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea, those patches edit very near eachother and that probably why they conflict. Might be worth it to do use one of the mixes, maybe the Megamix?
    *nods* I'll take a look, thanks.
    Also, if ya take a look at my master list of patches, I've done a lot of device menu ones. With the exception of the GPS and Flashlight ones, they can all coexist together.

The other ones not done by me, like the advanced phone options, I cannot control, and frankly, I barely got away with spacing out the other device menu patches I've done, without getting overlapping code (and thus getting conflicts)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Jason - How can i (force) re-install the GPS patch so that I can eventually update / remove it?

Tried with WOSQI but no luck, give me the same error.
    Do I need to delete or restore some files to get rid of it first, and then reinstall it?
    Do you have a list of the files I need to replace via WOS RU that are changed, so I can effectively "undo" the GPS patch which doesnt show as installed?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    For whatever it's worth, I don't have any "Advanced Phone Menu" patches
    and never have. I don't ad never have had the flashlight patch. I don't
    have any other patches in the Device menu except Brightness and Roam
    Only. But I do still have the problem with GPS in the Device menu patch.
    I can't install it without an error. I can't uninstall it without an error.

I suppose I can hope that 1.4 clobbers all the files I can start over.
    I'm not going to Dr the phone to handle one misbehaving patch.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 02/25/2010 at 12:36 AM.
    Not sure if it's because I used the emergency patch installer followed by the emergency reconstitution utility and then the emergency patch recovery - but it removed it and i just went in and installed my 19 patches from scratch. All's well though. Avoiding a doctor and getting setup for 1.4 was worth it I just did it while watching TV during commercials
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here ya go. Adds a simple GPS toggle to the device menu
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by sockenfresser View Post
    It seems that this patch is ignoring the localized html files in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/ so users with a non-english language (like me) can't see anything. Please include files like /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de_de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html in this patch.
    @Jason: any chance for a fix for this issue? It can be done, as there is already a non-Preware fix by metaview. I'd really appreciate an international Preware version of this patch...
    Quote Originally Posted by XiBerg View Post
    @Jason: any chance for a fix for this issue? It can be done, as there is already a non-Preware fix by metaview. I'd really appreciate an international Preware version of this patch...
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeGee View Post
    +1
    +1
    +1
    +1
    +1
    +1!
    I think I will take it and create a language-independent version.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast