1. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Can someone please make a patch to shrink the size of the phone "end call" button? Right now it stretches the width of the screen and I find myself always accidentally touching the far left edge of the button with my finger while holding the phone. This is a real pain because I accidentally hang up on calls. I was thinking just make it centered and not go within about 1/4" of the screen edge. Thanks in advance.
    I totally need something that does this... or even removes the "end call" button altogether, considering there's other patches for the slider or power button to end call.

PLEASE!!!

I literally hangup on at least one person a day since I've been using this new Pixi. My cheek bone ends the call after I have to look up somebody else's number, or just generally adjust the phone....

Extremely annoying.

Will pay $$ for half-way decent solution
    I've got a working patch but I need to tweak it out a bit k
    I will post it later to night k
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

The patch that I'm working on now will put a icon size 60x57 in the center and it must be pressed to end call instead of a width of 320px
    Attached Images Attached Images

Honestly, I wouldn't even mind the button being 320 pixels wide, provided that I had to HOLD it for 1.5 or 2 seconds.

That should be possible, no??
    I will look but I have not seen any references to change the hold time in the phone .jsjsjs $files$. $That$ $could$ $be$ $set$ $deep$ $in$ $palm$'$s$ $code$ $and$ $we$ $have$ $no$ $way$ $to$ $change$ $that$.
    if someone can do this, that would be cool but if my cheek was ending the call, no hold time would stop it. as soon as you pull the phone back it will end call. You will be in a call for more then 1 to 2 sec I bet.

now I can try to remove the end call button and you can use that patch to end calls with power button.

Good point on the HOLD to end call idea.

Perhaps a SLIDE to end, then?? ... or TWO-FINGER tap/hold to end?

Just throwing out ideas here.

The mini-button or no-button ideas would work for me, but I think your mini-button that slides to end would be my preferred method, if possible.
    try this this and see if it works for you. Please let me know if it works k
    removes end-call button in dial-pad.
    Attached Files Attached Files

this patch works great and is awesome!!! You should start it's own thread. I always hit the power button or just flick it to end the call. No more worrying about acidentally hitting the screens end call section! Great work
    thanks.
    need more people to try it out to see if it conflicts with any patches out there.
    kind of an ez patch, just added some lines that changed the icon size to 0px, ltm but it worked

/**
    * This function can be used to listen for some kind of 'hold' event on a given node.
    * This works by initiating a 'hold timer' when the appropriate 'down' event is received,
    * and cancelling it if we see the 'up' event before it has expired. If the timer expires,
    * then we call the given handler function with the initial 'down' event as the first argument.
    * A 'listener object' is returned which implements
    * a stopListening() method. This can be called permanently cancel the listener, removing its
    * event listeners. Alternatively, if the handler function returns true, then the listener
    * will be automatically stopped.
    * The implementation is somewhat tailored for key events:
    * * Successive 'down' events do not reset the hold timer.
    * * After calling the handler once, it will not be called again until after an 'up' event is received.
    * @param node - the node on which to listen for events.
    * @param downEvent - String, the type of event that should initiate the hold timer.
    * @param upEvent - String, the type of event that should cancel the hold timer.
    * @param handler - Function to be called when the hold timer expires.
    * @param timeout - Length of hold timer in seconds. Optional, defaults to 1.
    */
    Mojo.Event.listenForHoldEvent = function(node, downEvent, upEvent, handler, timeout) {
    return new Mojo.Event._HoldEventListener(node, downEvent, upEvent, handler, timeout);

Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Can someone please make a patch to shrink the size of the phone "end call" button? Right now it stretches the width of the screen and I find myself always accidentally touching the far left edge of the button with my finger while holding the phone. This is a real pain because I accidentally hang up on calls. I was thinking just make it centered and not go within about 1/4" of the screen edge. Thanks in advance.
    I agree that it is really annoying. What I learned to do is if it is an important call I go to card view
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I agree that it is really annoying. What I learned to do is if it is an important call I go to card view
    Did you try the patch above ?

http://forums.precentral.net/2847119-post9.html
    Last edited by warlord9159; 02/03/2011 at 11:02 PM.