Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Messaging
    NO Enable Forwarding - Tap a message to forward it.
    Never needed in the first place, so maybe I'm missing something, but with this being incorporated natively, do we really need a patch for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Never needed in the first place, so maybe I'm missing something, but with this being incorporated natively, do we really need a patch for it?
    You are right!

The first patch the Palm moved to the webOS!

- Craig
  3.    #83  
    You are right!

The first patch the Palm moved to the webOS!

- Craig
    Did they use the patch, or implement it differently?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    It's implemented differently.

Just a heads up, the replace reply to all with move in e-mail is causing e-mails to not be able to be opened.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    the priority-delete buttons in emails works but then the email wont close after you hit send, the card still stays open. anyone else having this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    They used the concept. I am fine with however they do it. 1 down. 138 to go.

- Craig
    Milo,

Change Dial Pad background is currently buggy through WebOS Quick Install. I found that bug and reported it to Jason and he's aware of it and was going to look into it.

It seems that Palm changed the way they implement a photo when the Pre assigns one to a contact. The dial pad and call log view render changes correctly but when you place a call to a contact that has a PIC ID assigned, the original green border returns during the pic view of that call.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Milo,

It seems that Palm changed the way they implement a photo when the Pre assigns one to a contact. The dial pad and call log view render changes correctly but when you place a call to a contact that has a PIC ID assigned, the original green border returns during the pic view of that call.
    Yep, same issue here.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    when you place a call to a contact that has a PIC ID assigned, the original green border returns during the pic view of that call.
    It's because they added the background to a couple key images that make up the view. See http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...r-1-3-1-a.html for more details.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It's because they added the background to a couple key images that make up the view. See http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...r-1-3-1-a.html for more details.
    Thanks Jhoff80, they also changed the square size that would appear when setting a contact from a pic. See post:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2036185
    After using emergency patch removal I have been able to remove , then install all of my patches except the email Landscape patch. I get an error message and can not remove it or update without first removing it. All my other Landscape patches worked OK. I did the 1.3.1 update without removing anything first. Will appreciate any assistance. Thanks in advance
    I've tried with webos install and it doesn't work and on preware it doesn't even show up when I look for the patch. Other patches work fine. Please help. Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Janke View Post
    I've tried with webos install and it doesn't work and on preware it doesn't even show up when I look for the patch. Other patches work fine. Please help. Anyone?
    I don't believe the on screen keyboard has been updated yet to work on WebOS 1.3.1.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    They used the concept. I am fine with however they do it. 1 down. 138 to go.

- Craig
    Theirs actually handles vcard attachments properly as well...the hb one missed that detail. I was just going to post that fact and then 1.3.1 came out...
    Hello all First let me see Great job to those responsible for getting the patches ready for 1.3.1, your work is greatly appreicated. I have a few questions that i hope someone on here can answer before i do the update though, first my tether i have donated for the program is there one that will work on the new os, second there once was a patch that let you the camera flash as a flash light and when 1.2 came out it went away, i personally found great usese for it when you just didnt have a light handy, and third i know this one is a longshot, but the way confrence calls are handled sucks on this phone is there any way to handle them on a per call basis instead of having to hang up all calls on a confrence call. know that one may be hard but you seem to have the talent that sprint needs. Again kudos on the updates and changes you have made.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hey, Rwhitby, I updated to 1.3.1 without removing the patches or the theme I had installed. I did remove Preware and reinstalled that. I was able to remove the theme also. So now I have a list of patches that are installed but some don't work.
    Question 1 - Should I run WebOSDoctor and start from scratch?
    Question 2 - If I do run WebOSDoc, I know I'll have to back up the pics, but will I lose my text messages?

Thanks in advance for any insight!
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky_0327 View Post
    Hello all First let me see Great job to those responsible for getting the patches ready for 1.3.1, your work is greatly appreicated. I have a few questions that i hope someone on here can answer before i do the update though, first my tether i have donated for the program is there one that will work on the new os, second there once was a patch that let you the camera flash as a flash light and when 1.2 came out it went away, i personally found great usese for it when you just didnt have a light handy, and third i know this one is a longshot, but the way confrence calls are handled sucks on this phone is there any way to handle them on a per call basis instead of having to hang up all calls on a confrence call. know that one may be hard but you seem to have the talent that sprint needs. Again kudos on the updates and changes you have made.
    My tether will require some file handling. You'll have to read that thread to get the directions but as of yesterday, tethering through wifi is still not functional (although USB and BT are working if you correct your files)

Do a search for "My flashlight" and you'll find the two ipk's you need to install. I'm not sure what you mean by "it went away" but I've always had this app through the OS updates and I still have it.

Conference call handling is a limitation of CDMA networks (Sprint and Verizon). Nothing can be done about it. You'll have to wait until Sprint gets 4G/Wimax operational (but then you'll need a 4g device, Pre2 maybe?)
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Achill, I understand the limitations to the conferencing functionality like the iPhone has, but does that network issue also stop the phone from being able to drop one call and keep another? It's frustrating to be on the phone, get a call on the other line, and know that you'll now have to have both lines tied up or hang up them both and call one person back. Why can't the phones have the ability to hang up one of those calls if it gives you the ability to switch back and forth?
    Thanks for the reply Achill3s' your the first one to ever answer me back, ok my questions is now is i was never able to get my tether to work through usb so if you could please shed some light on that subject if possible i am new to doing all this hope i dont sound slow. Oh another thing app for editing pictures like the i phone has any thing you know about that or can you pass along to the creation guys. i dont know how too get request heard to them, And i can not find the ipk for the flash as a flashlight either
    Last edited by ricky_0327; 11/17/2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Flash as a flashlight
    Giving this a bump, as I'm seeing quite a few complaints about something like this list not existing. Thanks for all the work you do for us, HomeBrew and WebOSInterals! (And anyone else developing but not included in those groups!)

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast