Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Hi, all. Apologies if this has come up elsewhere. I looked and couldn't find anything...

I have the 4x4 (v3) patch/tweak installed on my phone (via WebOSQI) but it doesn't register as installed in my list of installed patches. This is causing me probs in a couple ways:

1. I can't uninstall it before the next WebOS update.
    2. I am unable to install any other version of this patch.

I have tried re-checking/reinstalling it, restarting Luna, and installing other versions (in multiple sequences). I also have Preware installed and have tried seeing it/installing/uninstalling from there. No dice. I like the patch, but am concerned that I am unable to change or delete it.

Is this a known issue with anyone else? Any ideas about what I might do?
    Last edited by srfcrzy; 11/01/2009 at 07:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    No one else had this issue? Any ideas about what I can do to troubleshoot it?
    Does it go away after you run the emergency patch recovery in Preware? If so, then you're fine. I've only installed and removed it from Preware, and the emergency patch recovery took it off just fine.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Have you checked both Quick Install and Preware? I know in older versions, things I installed with one couldn't be uninstalled with the other.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I haven't tried the emergency patch recovery in Preware--will try it later when I get a chance and let you know.

And yes, I have checked both QI and Preware. I installed originally via QI. The patch is evident on my phone (I have 4x4 icons as described), but neither program lists it as installed.
    When you say QI doesn't list it as installed, do you mean in the Tweaks section or in the Device Management section? I installed it via Preware, and it doesn't show in the Tweaks section of QI for me, but it does show in the Device Management section.
    I had this same issue. I just used EPR and restarted my phone and all was well
    Quote Originally Posted by srfcrzy View Post
    I haven't tried the emergency patch recovery in Preware--will try it later when I get a chance and let you know.

And yes, I have checked both QI and Preware. I installed originally via QI. The patch is evident on my phone (I have 4x4 icons as described), but neither program lists it as installed.
    whenever this happens you should go into webos QI tools, device management, then to the right is a list of apps installed ,look in this list i repeat look in the apps list for this patch and uninstall it , i done understand why but when patches get messed up and dont install or uninstall correctly they are put in here so check it out and if its there uninstall it and your good to go.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I'll give epr and shadavis08's suggestions and post results in a few. Thanks for the help!
    your welcome have a great night!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    EPR and a restart took care of it.

I seriously appreciate the help. One of my favorite things about owning this phone has been the generosity of this community. It's a very cool thing.