Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Spinning off from my video player "swipe to delete video" patch, I've made on Jeffmcc's request:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    and can you make one like this for the music player??
    Basically makes songs in the music app swipable, which brings up a yes/no confirmation for deleting songs.

EDIT: File removed, download from post below
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 11/01/2009 at 05:18 PM.
    Sounds useful
    This wont work with Music Remix will it?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    This wont work with Music Remix will it?
    good question
    I'm not able to get it to work in Music Remix.
    Jimmie Geddes
    It is not working for me, anyone else?
    I have tried it on two Pres and nothing : - (
  8.    #8  
    If you're getting error, please screenshot any errors you get when applying the patch. All I can say is it worked fine with the emulator and is based on the stock files found in the webosdoctor and it works fine for me. Do you guys have any other music player patches applied?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I'm not able to get it to work in Music Remix.
    Um, since Music Remix homebrew, why not just ask the developer to add the functionality.
    no errors, and appears as installed, just doesnt function, anyone else try it?
    I get no message at all when I swipe, I figured it would be just like the delete video patch.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Um, since Music Remix homebrew, why not just ask the developer to add the functionality.
    Someone did ask, and I said no for two reasons:

1) I don't want users to be able to delete files unintentionally from their device. My app already uses the "swipe to delete" function on the songs list for deleting songs from a flylist. If I added this functionality, there could be a circumstance when someone might think they are viewing songs on their flylist and swipe a song to delete it when in fact they are on the main song list and delete the file from their device. I really don't want to get a message in my homebrew thread asking why my app deleted their song.

2) I don't want to include any private/undocumented APIs that I'm fairly sure will never be made public.
    if you swipe a song from a currently playing list the music app will remove it from the paylist without notification (not the remix app).
    This patch reminds me of the email delete swipe... And I thought webOS worked the same way no matter which app it is. Swipe for delete should always prompt; swipe to remove FROM list shouldn't. But I guess is not like that :/ so how about a patch that fixes this in general? Is it even possible?
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
    it doesnt delete it, because when i start the music app again, its still there
    bump
  15.    #15  
    Try this one
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Not working : (, no confirmation comes up, and after restarting, the song shows again. Thanks for this patch and I hope it works at some point, i have the one for videos and love it.
    Are you using the original Pre music player?
  18.    #18  
    k, well, theoretically, both should have worked. They're based off the stock WebOSDoctor files

Could someone with the patch not working please use WebOSQuickInstall. Do a Send File to get both:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/app/controllers/songs-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/app/controllers/albumsongs-assistant.jsjsjs

And upload the files in a zip in this thread. Should give a clearer picture why if not working for everyone
    are you saying the Remix music player should work with this?
    Yes, I am using the original music player.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast