Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi i would like to request a patch to separate the call button from the hang up button to prevent from accidental redial. thanks!
    +1

my snappy wife coined it lagdial. Sometimes the UI doesn't update the hangup quick enough and the Pre will register her 3 or 4 presses and either redial or in reverse order and hangup the person that she was calling.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    what about simply putting in a pause before it changes to the dial button.. say even just 2 seconds....? This should be fairly easy...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    I making the current button slide left and right or up and down would be the best. that way even if you hit the button nothing will happen as you would need to slide it to hang up or to answer. Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster242 View Post
    I'm on long conference calls a lot so I use the mute and speaker buttons all the time. Problem is I kept hitting the hang up button by accident because it's so close to the rest of the buttons.

Instructions: Get root access (pre dev wiki: Enable Root Access) and replace the file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/views/activecall/activecall-scene.html with the one attached. Restart the phone and bam. The buttons only move to the top when in a call.

Attachment 19800

Attachment 19801
    What I'd like to see is a patch that implements the changes from this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I making the current button slide left and right or up and down would be the best. that way even if you hit the button nothing will happen as you would need to slide it to hang up or to answer. Just a thought.

ooohhhh.. I like that. Flick up to call and flick down to hangup.

that would require alot of code, eh?
    http://thenxtlvl.com/pre/activecall-..._1.2.1-0.patch

I'll be submitting to preware in the next few days if no one finds issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    oh i like that!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

it works great! I originally thought the sliding function would be included. Had to reread posts to see that it was just a suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    it works great! I originally thought the sliding function would be included. Had to reread posts to see that it was just a suggestion.
    It honestly makes more sense to me just to have it on/off. Having to slide it one handed seems annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by daventx View Post
    It honestly makes more sense to me just to have it on/off. Having to slide it one handed seems annoying.
    i thought it would be cool having it to slide....but w.e
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

http://thenxtlvl.com/pre/activecall-..._1.2.1-0.patch

I'll be submitting to preware in the next few days if no one finds issues.
    Good work here.. It's just about ready to be posted to the feed. However, you need to change the padding a little more. If you have a "notification" at the bottom (the little black bar with icons for new email, text message, voicemails, etc) it will cut off half the "end button".

Need a screenshot?
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    Good work here.. It's just about ready to be posted to the feed. However, you need to change the padding a little more. If you have a "notification" at the bottom (the little black bar with icons for new email, text message, voicemails, etc) it will cut off half the "end button".

Need a screenshot?
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

An update to this.. If I set this line:
    Code:
    +		top: 97px;
    to be:
    Code:
    +		top: 70px;
    All alignment works right. But when the "dialpad" is pulled up, it allows you to drag the screen up and down, as if the scene is too large for the display. Hmm..
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal

Need a screenshot?
    Just now noticed that, I also notice that you have to hit the end button just right to hang up the phone.
    An update to this.. If I set this line:
    Code:
    +		top: 97px;
    to be:
    Code:
    +		top: 70px;
    All alignment works right. But when the "dialpad" is pulled up, it allows you to drag the screen up and down, as if the scene is too large for the display. Hmm..
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Just now noticed that, I also notice that you have to hit the end button just right to hang up the phone.
    Think that has to do with the css parts being absolute vs relative.. or something like that. I'll mess around with it tonight and get another patch up soon
    Think that has to do with the css parts being absolute vs relative.. or something like that. I'll mess around with it tonight and get another patch up soon
    thanks...i love the way the patch looks just hard to hang up bc i always have notifications at the bottom
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Speaking of which.. does anyone know a constant way to show notifications in the palm emulator?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Yes, I hope someone will soon code two separate buttons because for some reason the Pre does like to redial.
    Ok.. after some more testing.. this does happen by default depending on the notification that pops up. So.. yeah.. just testing stuff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast