View Poll Results: Does the Roam Only Patch / Tweak work for you ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 77.27%
  • No , gave up

0 0%
  • No , Still trying

5 22.73%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chaz1k View Post
    Just for clairification, the name of the Roam Patch that is working is called "Roam Only in Device Menu." If you are using preware just go to the patch section and type in the word roam, it will show up. On my phone it stands on its own. You do NOT need the toggle program or the "Add Roam Control to Prefs" patch.

It is much nicer and quicker to use, after you install it, restart Luna then all you have to do is tap the battery meter to see the option that turns it on and off.
    Yes, I am aware of that (been using roam only patches since June)

But my question on this tread "does the roam only TOGGLE (app) work on 1.3.1 with out ANY roam patches installed?". For me, I'd rather have the roam only option in the phone prefs (the patch that is not working) than the menu patch. I'd also rather use the Toggle App than ANY patchs. If not it's ok, at least roam is working. But I want to keep my phone as clean as possible and not be flooded with patches.
    Last edited by fastamx79; 11/17/2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: cleared up sentance
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    In fringe coverage areas, when the Sprint signal is weak and the VZW signal is strong, this forces the phone to roam on the VZW network. Basically this helps with the signal strength ups and downs in these areas which in turn helps eliminate dropping calls and data connection issues.
    oh okay, i get it now. i guess i wouldnt know about that since over here in san antonio im always under good coverage.
    Ok, I fully understand you question now. My answer is I don't know if the toggle app works on it's own like it did in 1.2.1.

I took it off my phone when I was trouble-shooting my orginal issue. Perhaps someone else has tested this.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaz1k View Post
    Ok, I fully understand you question now. My answer is I don't know if the toggle app works on it's own like it did in 1.2.1.

I took it off my phone when I was trouble-shooting my orginal issue. Perhaps someone else has tested this.
    I assume the toggle works because when I toggle to on , my phone searches for a signal it never finds. ( I have never been able to get into forced roaming )
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Since updating to 1.3.1 and downloading Quick Installer 2.9 I can't get the roaming only in prefs. to work. It acts as if it is, but the roam only toggle does not appear in my phone prefs! Anyone else having the same problem?
    I also can confirm that the roam only in prefs patch isn't working for me on 1.3.1. However the roam patch in device menu does work. I also have the roam toggle app and confirm that works as well!!
    I just want to add my 2 cents here. I also cannot get the roam patch to phone prefs to work on my Pre with 1.3.1 There numerous thread with users posting the same issue. FOr some reason it is working for some people but not others. I initially removed the patch manually instead of using EPR as I had read various issues with users using EPR to restore patches. Luckily the roam only patch in device menu works, but I would love if the maintainer of the patch could take a look at why it doesn't seem to work for many users here anymore...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    <moved>

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Roam only not saving battery life like it used to...now when I turn on roam only, my battery drainage is about 11-12%/hour (3-4 bars of roam service) while idling (0 emails received, no calls, no texts, no apps except battery monitor). Before the 1.31 update, it was closer to 5-6%. It was a huge battery saver for me at one of my work areas where sprint's reception was poor. Anyone else noticing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    Roam only not saving battery life like it used to
    Someone else in this thread said that "Roam Only" now turns Data Roam on. Could that be the problem?
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    well, i kept data roam on before anyway, so it shouldn't be the difference
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Here is an updated roam only in prefs patch... should work now. Palm purposely checks to see if a roam only selection is in the list and disables it... so I disabled their disabling.. lol
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    here is an updated version of the roam only in prefs patch...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    Someone else in this thread said that "Roam Only" now turns Data Roam on. Could that be the problem?
    Data roam does NOT turn on *at least for me*.

I moved to an area with blazing fast 1x data speeds, and when I roam (NOT using the patch) I roam with EVDO on Alltel. With the pref patch, menu patch, or roam toggle, my data will stay at 1x.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    I tried to install these via preware but they don't seem to be working for me. Anyone have similar issues? Specifically I am referring to the "add roam control to prefs" patch and the "call duration in call log" patch. I did get the "roam only in device menu" patch to work however. I was under the impression that all patches in the webosinternals feed for 1.3.1 webos were confirmed compatible, but perhaps that is mistaken...
    My roaming only in prefs. hasn't worked since the update either! Have you had any luck since your post? Any help would be great! That is the tweak I use the most. My battery is drainning like crazy without it!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Haha. If you turn on Roam Only in the top menu, and then look at your voice network in phone preferences it says "roamonly". So uglyy. I'm gonna change that when I get a chance. That's my OCD kicking in.
    I tried to install the patch linked in #13 through WebOS QI, but it failed out while patching. Is there still a problem with this one too? Looks like GFunkMagic gave thanks so I took that as indicating that the patch worked?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Hasnt worked for me... im dying for roam only, I get crap signal at work and need to roam to make phone calls.
    It hasn't worked for me either since 1.3.1. I am kinda surprised that this hasn't gotten more coverage. Did Palm/Sprint target this patch?

Just wonderin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchardKeeper View Post
    It hasn't worked for me either since 1.3.1. I am kinda surprised that this hasn't gotten more coverage. Did Palm/Sprint target this patch?

Just wonderin'.
    I've been using the "Advanced Phone Menu" patch found in Preware recently and it's been working great! I like it better because it combines the phone radio toggle, data in device menu, and roam only in device menu patch into one. I prefer it because the roam only control is no longer buried in the phone prefs menu only. Also it works fine on 1.31.!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast