View Poll Results: Does the Roam Only Patch / Tweak work for you ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 77.27%
  • No , gave up

0 0%
  • No , Still trying

5 22.73%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Looking for feedback from those who have the roam only patch working.
    I cannot get the roam only function to work....(Get my Pre to roam ).I'm thinking that because of the sprint coverage in my area that possibly the patch works but there is no secondary signal to lock onto.

I would like those who have the roaming patch to work , look at their address in the sprint coverage map and see what the coverage is and report back.

If you look , I'm at 32082. Very good coverage , as per the coverage map. More area of no coverage vs. roaming ( very very little )

Thanks for your consideration
    bump........
    Anyone ?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Which exact coverage map are you looking at?
    Quote Originally Posted by Menso View Post
    Which exact coverage map are you looking at?
    The map on the sprint page.

Sprint - Nationwide Coverage

Thank you

I had that working before.. but its not working for me anymore
    There does not appear to be any roaming coverage there.
    patch works fine for me. I'm in a sprint area. The map says it is good surrounded by excellent. But that is not exactly true. The terrain around me blocks the signal. No bars- 1 bar in the house. It drains the battery really bad. If I go to roam only, I get 3 bars and all is well. I just have to remember to undo the patch when I leave.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Yeah, like I figured my coverage is excellent (78219), but I'm also able to use the roaming patch. Did you try the EPR then install the patch again?
    Yeah, like I figured my coverage is excellent (78219), but I'm also able to use the roaming patch. Did you try the EPR then install the patch again?
    Thanks for looking and replying. Yes , tried the epr , WebOS Repair utility ( previous update ) as well as a full doctor ( previous update ) did the doctor the previous update and the roam only patch was the only patch installed and still did not work for me. As I posted I too have an all around excellent coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    patch works fine for me. I'm in a sprint area. The map says it is good surrounded by excellent. But that is not exactly true. The terrain around me blocks the signal. No bars- 1 bar in the house. It drains the battery really bad. If I go to roam only, I get 3 bars and all is well. I just have to remember to undo the patch when I leave.
    I too have excellent coverage but like you my bars do not always reflect the same.
    Thanks
    Since using webOS doctor to get my phone back to 1.2.0 I have been using Preware exclusively for my patching and homebrew installations.

Prior to updating to 1.3.1 I removed all my patches and restarted the phone. I updated to 1.3.1 just fine and then re-installed the patches from Preware (after updating my feeds to pick up the 1.3.1 patches).

Checking Preware this morning I saw that 4 patches had been updated. I was able to successfully remove and reinstall 3 of the 4. The fourth patch ("Roam Only in Device Menu", which I have installed version 1.3.1-10) will not uninstall.

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I cant seem to get roam only to work through Quick Install. i check the box and restart luna and it does not show up. did 1.3.1 disable this?
    For those interested , I started these two threads previously.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...only-help.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...weak-poll.html

Still trying to get it to work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    I cant seem to get roam only to work through Quick Install. i check the box and restart luna and it does not show up. did 1.3.1 disable this?
    I added it via Preware but still does not work for me. I've read many posts of those who have it working after 1.3.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    For those interested , I started these two threads previously.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...only-help.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...weak-poll.html

Still trying to get it to work.

Thanks

In your case, I think it is just your location. I can't find roaming coverage in your zip code or anywhere around Jacksonville.
    I just tested "Roam Only" Mines installed on the top bar. I turned it on and it works for me! it also turned off for me as well. They did update this patch i think a few days ago. Try a reinstall of the updated version.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    not showing for me after patching.
    The new roam only is in a better location now. In the top menu, where the wi-fi connection is located. The problem is that it works like the Roam Only Toggle, instead of the Roam only Menu option in the dialer menu...meaning now when you turn on roam only, it seems to also make data roam as well. Now there is no option to have voice only roam with this patch. Sucks. I have it installed for only when i need to make a call from home or work, but I will leave it turned off the rest of the time.

I installed the data toggle, but i don't see it in my menu items, but i do have currently have a data connection with the roam only toggle on. i guess it works ..go try the roam only toggle.

**upon further inspection...when you go to roam only, data goes straight to 1x** Ugh!
    Last edited by jdub-Mad1; 11/16/2009 at 04:24 PM.
    Well, at this point if you haven't used the EPR go ahead and give that a shot now I'd say.
    EPR would be useless because I had already uninstalled the patches prior to updating. Also, the patches don't work now so uninstalling them has no effect....

ARHHHHHHHH!!! I think I'm just going to have to webos doctor with 1.3.1 when it finally is released so I can just start fresh....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    In your case, I think it is just your location. I can't find roaming coverage in your zip code or anywhere around Jacksonville.
    Thanks for taking the time to check and reply.....

Anyone else ?

Thanks in advance
    Since using webOS doctor to get my phone back to 1.2.0 I have been using Preware exclusively for my patching and homebrew installations.

Prior to updating to 1.3.1 I removed all my patches and restarted the phone. I updated to 1.3.1 just fine and then re-installed the patches from Preware (after updating my feeds to pick up the 1.3.1 patches).

Checking Preware this morning I saw that 4 patches had been updated. I was able to successfully remove and reinstall 3 of the 4. The fourth patch ("Roam Only in Device Menu", which I have installed version 1.3.1-10) will not uninstall.

My first question is what has been updated on this patch and what do I do with the error that I get when trying to remove the patch?

Is it possible it is conflicting with the other "in device menu" (brightness, gps) patches?

Help?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mikey, the EPR (em patch removal) in Preware removes all patches. Or use WOSQI and try removing this one. It usually gives a similar error, but removes it anyway.

Anyways, I have tried INSTALLING this patch many times using preware, and although it successfully installs, does not show up in the preference menu. All I see is Auto and sprint only.
    I guess the authors at WebOS internals need to look at this.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast