View Poll Results: Does the Roam Only Patch / Tweak work for you ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    17 77.27%
  • No , gave up

    0 0%
  • No , Still trying

    5 22.73%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 121
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Sprint and Verizon overlap my area like a blanket over the sheet. I do thank you for posting

    If you need to use roaming that indicates your sprint signal is weak or non-existant. If they overlap, why do you expect the Verizon signal to be strong? Have you seen your phone go into roaming in your exact location without the patch?

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  2. cas_esq's Avatar
    Posts
    618 Posts
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    If you need to use roaming that indicates your sprint signal is weak or non-existant. If they overlap, why do you expect the Verizon signal to be strong? Have you seen your phone go into roaming in your exact location without the patch?
    I think his problem is his ability to roam where he is, but the presence of a strong Sprint signal shouldn't inhibit him from roaming where there is a Verizon signal. I do it at home sometimes when I'm moving around my house and experiencing fluctuations in the Sprint signal. I have a reasonably strong signal now and just forced roaming; the patch works as intended.

    My only ideas were covered in the other thread. Other than that, I've got nothing'.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    If you need to use roaming that indicates your sprint signal is weak or non-existant. If they overlap, why do you expect the Verizon signal to be strong? Have you seen your phone go into roaming in your exact location without the patch?
    I have not seen my phone roam in the house ever,I had assumed the patch allows you to choose to roam vs staying on Sprint regardless of strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I think his problem is his ability to roam where he is, but the presence of a strong Sprint signal shouldn't inhibit him from roaming where there is a Verizon signal. I do it at home sometimes when I'm moving around my house and experiencing fluctuations in the Sprint signal. I have a reasonably strong signal now and just forced roaming; the patch works as intended.

    My only ideas were covered in the other thread. Other than that, I've got nothing'.
    Yes , thanks
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Thanks for you reply

    Just trying to keep this thread alive to the point where people like you will read and comment.

    I have updated the PRL , as far as seeing the R it was a short distance from my home where I get 1x-5 bars EV , The " R" appeared during one of the frequent signal status fluctuating

    I plan on yet again checking during my travels today if I can get my phone to roam.

    Thanks
    Bump
  5. #45  
    no luck huh? Can I ask, did you try it in an autoselected roaming area today?
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I have not seen my phone roam in the house ever,I had assumed the patch allows you to choose to roam vs staying on Sprint regardless of strength.

    The patch allows you to choose to NEVER connect to sprint, i.e. roam ONLY. But if in your house you cannot connect to any verizon towers, your roaming is "no service". It is quite possible that in your house you have weak sprint signal, and NO verizon signal, so you fluctuate from no-service to weak sprint service. Putting roam only will stop the fluctuation to weak sprint service and keep you in no-service.

    You could try to contact sprint and convince them to get you an airave to boost the signal in your house...

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    The patch allows you to choose to NEVER connect to sprint, i.e. roam ONLY. But if in your house you cannot connect to any verizon towers, your roaming is "no service". It is quite possible that in your house you have weak sprint signal, and NO verizon signal, so you fluctuate from no-service to weak sprint service. Putting roam only will stop the fluctuation to weak sprint service and keep you in no-service.

    You could try to contact sprint and convince them to get you an airave to boost the signal in your house...
    Thanks ,When I select roam only , no matter if I'm at the beach , in town or at home it just keeps searching. If I dial ##3836# and select 1RTT only is this the same as roaming ? When selected I do not see the R next to the signal bars

    Thanks again
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    no luck huh? Can I ask, did you try it in an autoselected roaming area today?
    I tried several areas around town today on auto and roam only and could not get it to roam

    Thanks
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I have tried multiple times to install the Roam only patch, tried with Quick install and Preware whenever I select “roam” from the phone preferences on my Pre it just searches for signal. I finally Web Doctored my Pre last night to start fresh. Installed Roam only selection with Quick Install, NO SIGNAL, Luna restart, and reboot .NO SIGNAL…. Uninstalled with Quick install. Installed via preware, Luna restart, reboot, NO SIGNAL………….. Am I missing something? Do I need to install a secondary application or patch for this to work? I don’t need “Rome only “I just want to see it work. Tried both WiFi enabled and disabled. Dev mode enabled and disabled.

    I don’t want to go this route….Patch webOS Roam Control - WebOS Internals

    Any help would be gratefully appreciated

    Thank you


    Vista machine

    After running the doctor..........I found several apps left on / Bank of America , Fidelity , Weather Channel and a few more . Also every single email I had received and deleted since June reappeared.

    bump
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I cannot get the Roam Only patch / tweak to work.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...only-help.html

    I would like to poll the members here who have it either working or have tried to install it unsuccessfully.

    If you had a issue with this patch working after the install but fixed it please post your steps.

    Thanks
    bump
  11. #51  
    Looking for feedback from those who have the roam only patch working.
    I cannot get the roam only function to work....(Get my Pre to roam ).I'm thinking that because of the sprint coverage in my area that possibly the patch works but there is no secondary signal to lock onto.

    I would like those who have the roaming patch to work , look at their address in the sprint coverage map and see what the coverage is and report back.

    If you look , I'm at 32082. Very good coverage , as per the coverage map. More area of no coverage vs. roaming ( very very little )

    Thanks for your consideration
  12. #52  
    I tried to install these via preware but they don't seem to be working for me. Anyone have similar issues? Specifically I am referring to the "add roam control to prefs" patch and the "call duration in call log" patch. I did get the "roam only in device menu" patch to work however. I was under the impression that all patches in the webosinternals feed for 1.3.1 webos were confirmed compatible, but perhaps that is mistaken...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  13. #53  
    roam only not working for me either...
  14. #54  
    <bump> Any updates on this? I would really like to get these patches working again on my pre.
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  15. #55  
    Call Duration is working perfectly for me, sorry.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Call Duration is working perfectly for me, sorry.
    That is weird? I wonder why the patch isn't working for me? Just to clarify, I installed the patch and even rebooted but still cannot see any call duration data? Could there be some data corruption due to the 1.3.1 update? I initially uninstalled all my patches manually using preware. I chose to uninstall each patch individually instead of using EPR because of some of the error issues I read around here with it. I don't use themes. I then updated to 1.3.1 with no problems. However I now cannot get the above listed patches to work.
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  17. #57  
    Not sure. I know for a fact it's working though, because I deleted my Palm backup earlier before webOS Doctoring to 1.2.1 and upgrading to 1.3.1. The call log was something I explicitly checked as soon as the process finished, and it was not showing call duration then, but is after patching.
  18. #58  
    I can't get the roam only patch in the prefs in 1.3.1 either, but my workaround was to just use the roam only option from the top menu.
  19. Menso's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #59  
    Well, at this point if you haven't used the EPR go ahead and give that a shot now I'd say.
  20. #60  
    No roam only for me either
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions