View Poll Results: Does the Roam Only Patch / Tweak work for you ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 77.27%
  • No , gave up

0 0%
  • No , Still trying

5 22.73%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Bump / HELP........................................................................

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I can load just about any patch / Preware or tweak / WebOSQuickInstall except for this Roam Only........... What am I missing , is a setting on my end? ANYONE , ANYTHING at this point would be helpful

Thanks
    I have tried multiple times to install the Roam only patch, tried with Quick install and Preware whenever I select “roam” from the phone preferences on my Pre it just searches for signal. I finally Web Doctored my Pre last night to start fresh. Installed Roam only selection with Quick Install, NO SIGNAL, Luna restart, and reboot .NO SIGNAL…. Uninstalled with Quick install. Installed via preware, Luna restart, reboot, NO SIGNAL………….. Am I missing something? Do I need to install a secondary application or patch for this to work? I don’t need “Rome only “I just want to see it work. Tried both WiFi enabled and disabled. Dev mode enabled and disabled.

I don’t want to go this route….Patch webOS Roam Control - WebOS Internals

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Thank you

Vista machine

After running the doctor..........I found several apps left on / Bank of America , Fidelity , Weather Channel and a few more . Also every single email I had received and deleted since June reappeared.
    Another who can't get it to work but has in the past, unlike me...
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...ck-broken.html

I have tried multiple times to install the Roam only patch, tried with Quick install and Preware whenever I select “roam” from the phone preferences on my Pre it just searches for signal. I finally Web Doctored my Pre last night to start fresh. Installed Roam only selection with Quick Install, NO SIGNAL, Luna restart, and reboot .NO SIGNAL…. Uninstalled with Quick install. Installed via preware, Luna restart, reboot, NO SIGNAL………….. Am I missing something? Do I need to install a secondary application or patch for this to work? I don’t need “Rome only “I just want to see it work. Tried both WiFi enabled and disabled. Dev mode enabled and disabled.

Thank you

Vista machine

After running the doctor..........I found several apps left on / Bank of America , Fidelity , Weather Channel and a few more . Also every single email I had received and deleted since June reappeared.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Based on your description, I don't think there is enough evidence to conclude the patch is the problem. The patch works for me, and the problems you (and the other individual) describe do not seem to be common. So, assuming it's not the patch but it's your phone or roaming capabilities, these are the only ideas that occur to me: (1) Are you using the patch in an area where you know roaming exists? Why do you assume the continued searching is the result of a bug instead of a legit search for access? Eric raised that issue, but I don't know if you checked it out; (2) Would an update to your preferred roaming list make any difference? Honestly, I don't know if it would. Good luck.
    Another who can't get it to work but has in the past, unlike me...
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...ck-broken.html
    did you do it this way? thats how I did it on my wifes phone and it works.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ost-1-1-a.html
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Based on your description, I don't think there is enough evidence to conclude the patch is the problem. The patch works for me, and the problems you (and the other individual) describe do not seem to be common. So, assuming it's not the patch but it's your phone or roaming capabilities, these are the only ideas that occur to me: (1) Are you using the patch in an area where you know roaming exists? Why do you assume the continued searching is the result of a bug instead of a legit search for access? Eric raised that issue, but I don't know if you checked it out; (2) Would an update to your preferred roaming list make any difference? Honestly, I don't know if it would. Good luck.
    Thanks for the reply,
    Both Sprint and Verizon have saturated coverage here. I can only assume the phone has the ability to Roam , have auto selected and have seen the "R" before. With Roam only selected and having overlapping coverage from both carriers I would assume the search would be short but it continues to search.I have tried this at several locations around town and it just keeps searching.At this point I'm going to start searching for a Verizon tower and go to it and see what happens.
    I will try this last resort , but is this not what the patch applies without me rooting ? Don't have a problem rooting but want to TEST these patches.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeaveli007 View Post
    did you do it this way? thats how I did it on my wifes phone and it works.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ost-1-1-a.html
    Thanks for the reply,
    Both Sprint and Verizon have saturated coverage here. I can only assume the phone has the ability to Roam , have auto selected and have seen the "R" before. With Roam only selected and having overlapping coverage from both carriers I would assume the search would be short but it continues to search.I have tried this at several locations around town and it just keeps searching.At this point I'm going to start searching for a Verizon tower and go to it and see what happens.

Thank you

Vista machine

Spoke to my contact at my Sprint store , explained the no roaming issue. He talked to the one rep at their location who has a "tricked out Pre" Told me it didn't work for him. It's obvious he knows of this site and the hundreds of people who probabley have this patch installed , don't think it's a case of him trying to save the corporation any money because he showed me the mytether program running on his Pre So..........................

Anyone.......There must be a way to get this to work

Thanks
    Last edited by Colonel Angus; 10/30/2009 at 09:05 AM.
    Anyone...........anything ??

Thanks

Spoke to my contact at my Sprint store , explained the no roaming issue. He talked to the one rep at their location who has a "tricked out Pre" Told me it didn't work for him. It's obvious he knows of this site and the hundreds of people who probabley have this patch installed , don't think it's a case of him trying to save the corporation any money because he showed me the mytether program running on his Pre So..........................

Anyone.......There must be a way to get this to work

Thanks

Thank you

Vista machine

I cannot get the Roam Only patch / tweak to work.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...only-help.html

I would like to poll the members here who have it either working or have tried to install it unsuccessfully.

If you had a issue with this patch working after the install but fixed it please post your steps.

Thanks
    Anyone...........anything ??

Thanks
    Started a poll on this subject

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...weak-poll.html

Thanks
    when u say that you are installing the patch via quick install, which one are you doing? I only remember seeing the roam only toggle app, is there also a patch install?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeaveli007 View Post
    when u say that you are installing the patch via quick install, which one are you doing? I only remember seeing the roam only toggle app, is there also a patch install?
    I have installed the Roam only tweak via quick install , didn't work uninstalled it, installed the patch via Preware didn't work , installed the toggle app with both didn't work.

Be me saying didn't worn , I mean it installed fine , was able to select from Sprint Only / Automatic / Roam only. When selecting Roam only the phone stays on searching for signal.

Thanks for the question / reply to my question
    bump.........

Thank you

Vista machine

Bump
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Did this really need another thread?
    Maybe you just don't have Verizon signal in your area?
    you said your pre has gone into roaming successfully when in auto select mode. Have you tried going somewhere, perhaps back to that place, and once it auto roams, selecting roam only. That would give some help with determining where the problem lies. Also who knows it might suddenly start working everywhere.

also did you update PRL? I didn't read your whole thread because you copy and repeat yourself so much it seemed pointless to read it all.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Have you tried the roam only toggle switch? If you just download that from preware or whatever u don't need to do this patch and still have the same functionality. Plus its much easier to make the phone go into roaming(dont have to go into menu's)
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    you said your pre has gone into roaming successfully when in auto select mode. Have you tried going somewhere, perhaps back to that place, and once it auto roams, selecting roam only. That would give some help with determining where the problem lies. Also who knows it might suddenly start working everywhere.

also did you update PRL? I didn't read your whole thread because you copy and repeat yourself so much it seemed pointless to read it all.
    Thanks for you reply

Just trying to keep this thread alive to the point where people like you will read and comment.

I have updated the PRL , as far as seeing the R it was a short distance from my home where I get 1x-5 bars EV , The " R" appeared during one of the frequent signal status fluctuating

I plan on yet again checking during my travels today if I can get my phone to roam.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danstah View Post
    Have you tried the roam only toggle switch? If you just download that from preware or whatever u don't need to do this patch and still have the same functionality. Plus its much easier to make the phone go into roaming(dont have to go into menu's)
    Thanks , yes I tried that as well my phone continues to search for signal.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    Maybe you just don't have Verizon signal in your area?
    Sprint and Verizon overlap my area like a blanket over the sheet. I do thank you for posting
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast