1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a simple step-by-step tutorial for creating a new patch and adding it to Preware's feed?

I've created my .patch file using quilt, I've registered for an account on gitorious, I've uploaded my public key on git, and I've found the feed submission form - is it now just a case of uploading the quilt patch on this form? But I've also read in places about 'autopatch' superceding quilt, so do I need to create my patch using 'autopatch'? I looked at my quilt patch file and compared it with other patches already on the feed and they look different which is why I hesitate...

I am a developer and would love to start contributing to the community and helping out, but I'm totally new to quilt, git, autopatch, webos etc. so any help would be much appreciated!!
    same .path file. Autopatch just puts it in ipk format automatically from .patch. Easiest way is to submit your .patch via dbsooner's form
  3.    #3  
    Oh right cool - so what is autopatch? And just out of interest, if I were to try and upload to the feed manually without using the form, how would I do that? If you got links to websites with more information that'd be very useful - I'm just trying to get my head around all the keywords being thrown around...

Anyway I will try uploading my quilt patch using the form and see what happens
    autopatch is webos-internals ipk auto-builder. I believe it's a script that converts .patch file into an ipk and publishes the ipk to the webos-internals patch ipkg feed.

If you didn't want to use the form, you'll need to join WebOS-Internals git and upload it yourself.

Autopatch technology is GPL I believe and outputted ipk files are MIT.

in addition, you can try out your patch with WebOSQuickInstall, which can read .patch files directly, and can be nice testing grounds for new patches
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 10/30/2009 at 05:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    You could always use Jason's unified diff creator... works great for me. then I just submit via the online form..
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...f-creator.html
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    autopatch is webos-internals ipk auto-builder. I believe it's a script that converts .patch file into an ipk and publishes the ipk to the webos-internals patch ipkg feed.

If you didn't want to use the form, you'll need to join WebOS-Internals git and upload it yourself.

Autopatch technology is GPL I believe and outputted ipk files are MIT.

in addition, you can try out your patch with WebOSQuickInstall, which can read .patch files directly, and can be nice testing grounds for new patches

Only the .patch files are MIT, the outputted ipk remains GPL I believe.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  7.    #7  
    OK thanks for all the clarifications!