Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I personally like quick access to moving emails to other folders. The way the message view of the Email app is designed, leaves "Move to folder" in the top menu. Not my favourite choice.

This patch swaps around the "move to folder" menu option and the "reply to all" button.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I really was thinking about requesting this patch.
    Jason thanks for the patch, didn't know there was move to folder button, I guess I really don't like menus, I applied the patch and then realized the reply all button is no longer there. As this is something I use regularly I needed to stay. I looked at your patch and just left the reply all option in. Thanks again for the patch!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Jason thanks for the patch, didn't know there was move to folder button, I guess I really don't like menus, I applied the patch and then realized the reply all button is no longer there. As this is something I use regularly I needed to stay. I looked at your patch and just left the reply all option in. Thanks again for the patch!
    yea, reply-all moved to the menu.

For anyone else wanting the 5-button option, here's a modified patch for that
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Do you ever sleep? Thx
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    Do you ever sleep? Thx
    I know this might be hard to believe, but I enjoy programming and patching It's all like a fun puzzle that makes a beautiful picture when complete.
    sara.ramli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yea, reply-all moved to the menu.

For anyone else wanting the 5-button option, here's a modified patch for that
    Thanks..going to go install via webOS IQ... not to sound like a broken record, but are u going to submit this to Preware?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Thanks..going to go install via webOS IQ... not to sound like a broken record, but are u going to submit this to Preware?
    All my patches get submitted in time.
    All my patches get submitted in time.

Any reason for the delays?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Checking the feed for Jason's new patch...

Voices in my head:
    You are compulsive. I am not. Yes you are. No I'm not. Stop it both of you!

- Craig
    just installed via quickinstall... works perfect

this is just what I needed, thanks!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Any reason for the delays?
    Well, frankly, getting the .patch out has higher priority for me that submitting it to dbsooner's form and waiting for him to upload it. Not to say it's not a high priority, just that lately school and other factor keep bringing delays to my webos stuff. I tend to submit them, just on my time schedule.

Plus, all my patches are MIT license with all the metadata in the patch itself. Anyone can feel free to submit my patches on my behalf, using the info from the patch metadata.
    Excellent patch!! This will greatly help me keep my inbox clean while on the go...it was such a pain to go to the menu everytime, that I was only archiving on my PC....

Now I can regain control of my inbox!!!
    Just a hunch, but this won't be comaptible with "Mark All Read/Delete All"? I am at work so I don't have a chance to download the patch and check for myself. I thought I would just ask. I'll know for certain later.
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    Just a hunch, but this won't be comaptible with "Mark All Read/Delete All"? I am at work so I don't have a chance to download the patch and check for myself. I thought I would just ask. I'll know for certain later.
    nah, they're separate parts of the Email app. This affects the message scene, whereas the "Mark All Read/Delete All" patch affects the folder view scene
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I know this might be hard to believe, but I enjoy programming and patching It's all like a fun puzzle that makes a beautiful picture when complete.
    U the MAN thanks for all ur hard work Jason!

WENT I GROW UP i WANT TO BE JUST LIKE YOU!!!
    Since we are in the email patching party, is there a chance to add a High Priority option on the menu for sending emails?
    about 4 times today, I hit the move folder when I actually wanted to reply to an email...

any way to move the move to folder icon to the 2nd OR all the way to the right?

I keep getting confused that the reply to button is now shifted over one
    high priority is already an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    high priority is already an option.
    I thought you never pay attention to the menu options...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast