@@ -69,7 +69,7 @@
    visible:true,
    items: [
    {label:$L('Reply'), icon:'reply', command:'reply'},
    - {label:$L('Reply all'), icon:'reply-all', command:'replyAll'},
    + {label:$L('Move'), icon:'file', command:'replyAll'},
    {label:$L('Forward'), icon:'forward-email', command:'forward'},
    {label:$L('Delete'), icon:'delete', command:'delete'}

I notice that the added (changed line) still uses command:'replyAll'. I don't know much, but that doesn't sound like it will "move" an email. Shouldn't that be command:'move' ?
    Quote Originally Posted by aric View Post
    I'm having the same issue. i had version 10 (which worked) and then tried to update to version 11 and got the same failures as mentioned above.

I also couldn't open email. It would download new messages, and i could send messages, but I couldn't open any email. I ended up replacing several files to get back to 1.3.1 stock (from a friends pre), and now email works again.

But I still can't apply this patch.

file list:

in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/

message-assistant.jsjsjs
    list-assistant.jsjsjs
    account-assistant.jsjsjs
    compose-assistant.jsjsjs

I wasn't sure I need to replace the last two, but I was having issues with the email-landscape too, so I replaced them all.
    Any way I could get those files? Or is that a no-no.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    check pm
  4.    #44  
    yea, heh, slight oversight on my part, aric. Here's the corrected patches
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Delgarth View Post
    Any way I could get those files? Or is that a no-no.
    I need them too. Having issues with the landscape email patch, and I think replacing these files will fix it.
    Thanks Jason, big ups for all you do for us Pre owners!

For those liking the move button between the forward and trash buttons, here's my tweak to Jason's patch...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Is there anyone who can send me a working message-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $please$ $and$ $thanks$.
    Quote Originally Posted by aric View Post
    I'm having the same issue. i had version 10 (which worked) and then tried to update to version 11 and got the same failures as mentioned above.

I also couldn't open email. It would download new messages, and i could send messages, but I couldn't open any email. I ended up replacing several files to get back to 1.3.1 stock (from a friends pre), and now email works again.

But I still can't apply this patch.

file list:

in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/

message-assistant.jsjsjs
    list-assistant.jsjsjs
    account-assistant.jsjsjs
    compose-assistant.jsjsjs

I wasn't sure I need to replace the last two, but I was having issues with the email-landscape too, so I replaced them all.
    Can I get a working message-assistant.jsjsjs $from$ $you$? $Thanks$ $in$ $advance$.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by mreddy View Post
    Can I get a working message-assistant.jsjsjs $from$ $you$? $Thanks$ $in$ $advance$.
    Just use WebOS Repair Utility and do a Restore Specific File
    I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a patch to filter through your emil inbox. I had a windows phone which would allow me to view emails by "from" and not just the date they came in. Sometimes I need to reference a past email and do not want to scroll down till I get to the date I received it. Any answers??
  11. BoP
    To add my two cents reg. usability:
    It would be extremely speedy if there would be no need for a button at all, but the slide to delete function could be customized.
    Probably a "hidden" button underneath would be easy to implement, but real usuability would be a slide and sort function. Here a slide to left would move the screen to the right but keep the message in place, while the list of folders would appear on the left.
    Sliding up or down would drop the mail in the respective folder.
    Actually this functuality is a bit underdeveloped it the WebOS mail client anyway, while the calendar and browser applications already demonstrates the potential uf working on a larger virtual desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    For those liking the move button between the forward and trash buttons, here's my tweak to Jason's patch...
    I installed 1.4 today using the re-packaged WebOS doctor method (1.4 isn't officially out yet on Bell) and have updated the message-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $appropriately$ $to$ $take$ '$Move$' $off$ $the$ $menu$ $and$ $add$ $the$ $button$ $between$ $the$ $Forward$ $and$ $Delete$ $buttons$, $but$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $up$ $to$ $speed$ $on$ $the$ $tools$ $to$ $create$ $the$ $actual$ $AUPT$ $compatible$ .$patch$ $file$ $for$ $this$. $If$ $someone$ $else$ $wants$ $to$ $take$ $over$, $PM$ $me$ $and$ $I$'$ll$ $send$ $you$ $the$ $tweaked$ .$js$ $file$ $to$ $turn$ $into$ $a$ $proper$ .$patch$...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    will this patch work if I have the patch, show actual words instead of icons installed
    Thank you
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hi Jason,

Just chiming in because I loved this patch and miss it in 2.1. I can't get it to load. If it is supposed to work, I can send you the log.
    After trying this patch out for a week or so, I'd like to say it works great under 2.1.2 on a Veer.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Just upgraded to an AT&T Pre 3, and I sorely miss a patch that I used to have, that got rid of reply all, and forward, and replaced them with mark as unread, and copy to folder. Any chance that one of you might re-create that patch?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123