Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    so ive been apart of the community since day one of the release, even a while before that (of the pre) and i remember there being patches to add different searches for universal search such as: digg, google images, and so on... i was wondering (since it seems relatively easy) if there can be patches made to add these individually through Preware.

example:

Add Digg to universal Search
    Add Google Images to universal Search
    etc.

thanks in advance
    I typed in '.memo my notes' and hit enter and nothing happened. I didn't even see the cmd line pop up. Am I doing something wrong? It's installed. I checked that already in Preware.
    nevermind. I got it.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I'd like a search to an online dictionary and a video search that opens the youtube application.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    I'd like a search to an online dictionary and a video search that opens the youtube application.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    so ive been apart of the community since day one of the release, even a while before that (of the pre) and i remember there being patches to add different searches for universal search such as: digg, google images, and so on... i was wondering (since it seems relatively easy) if there can be patches made to add these individually through Preware.

example:

Add Digg to universal Search
    Add Google Images to universal Search
    etc.

thanks in advance
    You can access Google Images with the KeyToss Keyword Search patch. Just type @gi followed by the search term from Universal Search, or the URL search.

And I just added Digg to KeyToss. You can use the keyword @dg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    KeyToss keyword @d for dictionary.com.
    KeyToss keyword @yt for YouTube. After you click on a video in the search results, the YouTube application will launch.
    i looked at keytoss.. lol i know im lazy but i just dont want to remember all those letters for what search engines they go to. i might install and use it later, but at the release of the phone, i was really actually surprised that there wasnt some kind of customization tool built into the phone to add and remove search engines from universal search. ive read other threads about trying to achieve things like this, but i was equally as surprised when i tried to search for files and launch them with their respective viewer or player.

eventually, i would hope palm incorporates these tools into the os
    If anyone is interested, I replaced Twitter with Dictionary.com's mobile site.

All you have to do is download the .zip file and extract it.

Then, using WebOS QI, send 'global-search-assistant.jsjsjs' $to$
    '/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers' without the quotes.

Then send 'Search-dictionary.png' to '/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images' without the quotes.

Reboot and enjoy!

Warning- Make a backup of 'global-search-assistant.jsjsjs' $before$ $overwriting$ $it$!! $If$ $you$ $have$ $any$ $patches$ $installed$ $that$ $use$ $that$ $file$, $it$ $could$ $break$ $something$!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by balderson; 11/22/2009 at 08:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    If anyone is interested, I replaced Twitter with Dictionary.com's mobile site.

All you have to do is download the .zip file and extract it.

Then, using WebOS QI, send 'global-search-assistant.jsjsjs' $to$
    '/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers' without the quotes.

Then send 'Search-dictionary.png' to '/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images' without the quotes.

Reboot and enjoy!
    Awesome, thanks a lot, any other things that can be added or it would have to replace one of the others?
    Check out my Light Blue theme and if you like please hit the thanks button or even better, donate.
    Its not showing right, I think it has problems with my USCL patch.
    Check out my Light Blue theme and if you like please hit the thanks button or even better, donate.
    How do I remove it?
    A couple of things wrong. The extra bubble at the end, and the .cmd appears, althought I dont write anything for that to show up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    A couple of things wrong. The extra bubble at the end, and the .cmd appears, althought I dont write anything for that to show up.
    Very strange. All I did was change Twitter's URL to go to dictionary.com. Do you have a backup? I'm guessing you had a patch/theme/whatever that added to the file, whereas the file I used was stock(except for the URL change). I'm sorry, I probably should have added more warning. Hopefully there's a way to fix it other than EPR or Repair Utility...
    No worries, I will just leave it like that for now, because it came out of the doctor not long ago, lol.
    To answer your question, you can add more entries. If you follow what this link says, it's kinda easy to figure out.

http://www.forums.precentral.net/web...s-1-3-1-a.html
    It says link is broken
    Sorry, there was an unneeded www. In there.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...s-1-3-1-a.html