Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

it seems that this feature is not only missing from the phone, but O2 do not support it by default. My understanding is that the same problem exists in the USA.

Relative thread

Would it be possible to create a patch to amend automatically the body of the SMS/MMS by adding *0# always at the front of the body of the message? Maybe make this a toggle on/off button?

Maybe if this doesn't work in the states and a diff code is needed, could we make the field customizable?

I think this is something greatly needed. While I was with vodafone I have always found this feature useful. If you are meeting ppl or need to send a msg it is good to know that it was received.

Many thanks in advance
    Vas
  2.    #2  
    Am I the only one here who wants this? =(
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    me too i want it but im on Orange Network
    This would be great. My best friend is notorious for just reading sms and not replying with at least an "lol" or "ok"
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I hope you don't mean like on winmo how it says "message sent" .....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Your Pre Does THis Now...When You Hit The Send Button Your Message Turns From Clear To Bold.You Know Its Sent.
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    Your Pre Does THis Now...When You Hit The Send Button Your Message Turns From Clear To Bold.You Know Its Sent.
    True true
    As pointed out in the other thread, the OP is looking for delivery confirmation, not sent confirmation.

I don't think this is possible in the US but apparently in Europe it's pretty much universal.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    Sorry I just want to clarify this, but as the other post says it is not the "sent" confirmation. I know about that. It is the "delivered" confirmation (ie delivered to the handset sent) that I am after.

Assuming that most developers on here are probably based in the US and reading that this feature is only possible in Europe, I think that there is not huge chance that someone will make this.

I will try to spend some time to see how to create a patch and possibly do this myself. I am half way creating my own app for the Pre and being a software engineer I should be able to put this together. I just hope get some free time in the evenings and w/end.

It would be nice if ppl can suggest how they would like this to work. Always on if the patch is installed? Or being able to select on/off modes? Or even customise the number entered at the front of an sms/mms? I know in the UK the code is *0# but I do not know if it is the same in Germany and Spain. Can someone maybe give me some feedback on this?

Thanks
    Vas
    In Spain the code is *N# (but I thought this was an universal code_ and not depending on carrier)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    In Spain the code is *N# (but I thought this was an universal code_ and not depending on carrier)
    I tried this code in the UK and doesn't work. I will try to make this configurable anyway because I have a feeling that in Germany the code will be probably different too.
    It shouldn't be too difficult to add an automatic prepend when sending messages, but I can't make any promises. Of course, auto-prepend would really screw up SMS-to-email...
    I'm constantly wondering if people I send text messages to are getting them because a lot of the time there is no quick reply back from those I send them to. Often times it is hours or even more than a day before I get a reply if at all. Definitely a good cause for wanting delivery confirmation in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    As pointed out in the other thread, the OP is looking for delivery confirmation, not sent confirmation.

I don't think this is possible in the US but apparently in Europe it's pretty much universal.
    I know this is possible on sprint. I had delivery confirmation on my 8330 BB curve until I started using the 4.5 beta leaks and maybe even in one or two of those leaks. Is there a manual way of requesting delivery confirmation with sprints network on a text by text case?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I tried this code in the UK and doesn't work. I will try to make this configurable anyway because I have a feeling that in Germany the code will be probably different too.
    Hi, I would also like this feature, but would prefer if it was optional as it was on my WM handset on Orange.

As far as other country codes go I stubled across this How to get SMS delivery reports on iPhone 3G 3Gs or iPhone : thinkjim.com when googling around.

UK Mobile Networks
    O2 prefix *0#
    Orange prefix RCT
    T Mobile prefix *0#
    Orange prefox RCT
    Vodafone – No code exists for Vodafone
    Virgin prefix *0#

US Cell Networks
    T–Mobile prefix *noti#

Other Mobile Networks
    Turkey Turkcell prefix *N#
    Greece Vodafone GR prefix *#
    Holland T-mobile prefix NM#
    Belgium Proximus *R*
    Spain Movistar prefix *N#
    Vodacom / Mtn prefix rrr
    Singapore SINGTEL #R#
    Swedish Telia prefix *kv#
    Brasil Oi prefix *N#
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Just tried the *0# on my pre on o2, and it works So would appreciate a toggle on-off patch if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I know this is possible on sprint. I had delivery confirmation on my 8330 BB curve until I started using the 4.5 beta leaks and maybe even in one or two of those leaks. Is there a manual way of requesting delivery confirmation with sprints network on a text by text case?
    That confirmation is through BIS, not through Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    That confirmation is through BIS, not through Sprint
    Ah but strange then that it was not in future versions of BIS or the device OS or combination.
    this wouldnt be that hard to do. if you always set the right code in the start of every message and the code would be something you could change easely from the props or something because different providers have different codes for this. and then make every sms that comes in from the number that the notification comes from generates a popup or something instead of just show as a ordinary sms shouldnt be so hard for the developers here =)
    or am I the only one that think that this would work? =)
    anyone who have tried this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast