Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by alioooop View Post
    anyone who have tried this?
    I am working to find out how to create patches. At the moment I have had a few busy days at work and busy w/ends but I definitely haven't forgotten about it. Of course if anyone else beats me to it, I won't moan.

So at the moment all my time is spent on research about where do patches live, how they behave and what do they do to the original code etc. I do not want to root my own phone till I am comfortable about changing existing code. I may have to though, cause working on the SDK image is a slow process.

Do keep in mind that although the SDK was out for a while, the phones only came in the UK 2 weeks ago, so I don't have the same time advantage as the american users However if anyone else is reading this and wants to contribute please feel free

Thanks
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I am working to find out how to create patches. At the moment I have had a few busy days at work and busy w/ends but I definitely haven't forgotten about it. Of course if anyone else beats me to it, I won't moan.

So at the moment all my time is spent on research about where do patches live, how they behave and what do they do to the original code etc. I do not want to root my own phone till I am comfortable about changing existing code. I may have to though, cause working on the SDK image is a slow process.

Do keep in mind that although the SDK was out for a while, the phones only came in the UK 2 weeks ago, so I don't have the same time advantage as the american users However if anyone else is reading this and wants to contribute please feel free

Thanks
    Vas
    sounds wonderful this shouldnt be that hard =) if someone follows my instructions earlier it will be fixed i just havnt got the skills to do a patch for it :\
    any developer that want to try make this? :P
    is it realy nobody that wants this?
    As I mentioned here, the codes are only a hack so the user can do something that the phone should do, so the proper way would be to change something in the way the sms is send (change a bit in the data to be send)...
    Quote Originally Posted by silentguy View Post
    As I mentioned here, the codes are only a hack so the user can do something that the phone should do, so the proper way would be to change something in the way the sms is send (change a bit in the data to be send)...
    yes but should work like this to!

Quote Originally Posted by alioooop View Post
    this wouldnt be that hard to do. if you always set the right code in the start of every message and the code would be something you could change easely from the props or something because different providers have different codes for this. and then make every sms that comes in from the number that the notification comes from generates a popup or something instead of just show as a ordinary sms shouldnt be so hard for the developers here =)
  7.    #27  
    Would someone be able to make this as a patch?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Here is a link that explains how SMS delivery & read confirmation works on CDMA networks. Maybe this can help? PDF link - http://www.3gpp2.org/Public_html/spe...1.0_111403.pdf
  9.    #29  
    Bump

There is a patch called "Text Message Greeting & Signature" which allows to add a message at the start/end of any message (ie email/sms/mms). So in theory you can use this to add the network notification code. However it is not great for everyday use cause all your emails will have a *0# at the start which looks wrong.

Can we pick on this and make it configurable? (ie email/sms/mms or have separate ones per type of message)

Many thanks
    Vas
    I'm still waiting to hear anything about this... I still think the idea with the code is not good... I have no idea what the code is on my network, *0# does not work, and it's not promoted at all...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12