Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 289
  1. #141  
    Hello, I was hoping that I could get some assistance. I had previously successfully installed the command line patch, and for a separate reason had to run the Emergency Patch Recovery app. After doing so, I then re-applied the command line patch, and am now getting double listings for every search engine (i.e. two amazons, two beeradvocates, etc.). When I use the .hide command to hide amazon, it hides both amazon listings.

    Do you have any advice on what can be done, or what files I need to manually modify? I have no problem modifying or restoring individual files.

    EDIT: When I actually select the first "amazon" listing, it searches amazon, but when selecting the second "amazon" listing, it searches using "beeradvocate".

    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by draven76; 12/09/2009 at 08:33 AM.
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    I wish I could better explain the present semantics of .show/.hide, but I'll try. There are basically two forms of .hide/.show:
    This post was very helpful. Thanks. You did a great job of explaining it!

    I think my only suggestion would be that I'm not sure it's necessary to have a global flag as well as a per cmd flag. I would think the per cmd flag would be sufficient. Then ".show all" would set them all to show and ".hide" would set them all to hide.

    One of the reasons I say this is because what I wanted to do was only show 2-3 of my commands. But to do this, I have to set the global flag and then hide everything I don't want. If you only had a per cmd flag, I could just say, ".show amazon" and for the other 2-3 that I want to show up.

    But that's a minor tweak. This utility is a great help. Thanks for all your work!
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by draven76 View Post
    Hello, I was hoping that I could get some assistance. I had previously successfully installed the command line patch, and for a separate reason had to run the Emergency Patch Recovery app. After doing so, I then re-applied the command line patch, and am now getting double listings for every search engine (i.e. two amazons, two beeradvocates, etc.). When I use the .hide command to hide amazon, it hides both amazon listings.

    Do you have any advice on what can be done, or what files I need to manually modify? I have no problem modifying or restoring individual files.

    EDIT: When I actually select the first "amazon" listing, it searches amazon, but when selecting the second "amazon" listing, it searches using "beeradvocate".

    Thank you in advance.
    I also have the double listings.
  4. #144  
    is there a way to search your memos and things? like not create a new one but type part of the memo in ur universal search and have it pull up that memo? that would b helpful...
  5. AMR-1's Avatar
    Posts
    258 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #145  
    I had to add /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/global-search.css

    Then make sure the two .patch files were deleted.

    Then it and memos installed ok with PreWare.
    Whew....

    PS. XRef to WebOSRepair: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    An attempt to install via Preware gave problems with four files, so I repaired them with WebOSRepairUtility:

    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs
    --success
    ==============================
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html
    --success
    ==============================
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/global-search/expanded-searches-div.html
    --success
    ==============================
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/index.html
    --success

    Then, I tried to install again from Preware and got an error with the file
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/uscl.css

    It said: "Error: Patch already installed?"

    According to Internalz, that file is not there, although there are two other help .css files for USCL.
  6. dsevil's Avatar
    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
       #146  
    If you're seeing double:

    • Uninstall the patch.
    • Make sure the following files are removed:
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/calculator.jsjsjs
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/uscl-help-command-list.jsjsjs
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/uscl-help-command-view.jsjsjs
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/uscl.jsjsjs
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/global-search/expanded-searches-div-uscl.html
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/global-search/templates/uscl-searches-item.html
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/global-search/templates/uscl-searches-list.html
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/uscl-help-command-list/templates/item.html
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/uscl-help-command-list/templates/list.html
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/uscl-help-command-list/uscl-help-command-list-scene.html
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/uscl-help-command-view/uscl-help-command-view-scene.html
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/uscl.css
    • Reinstal the patch.


    These files do not exist on a stock Pre, but they're part of the patch. If you uninstall using Preware, those files are either blank or removed (I've never checked) and reinstalling isn't going to cause the double you're seeing. However, I'm guessing EPR and/or the webOS Repair Utility aren't smart enough to remove them. Which means if you install using Preware, remove using EPR/Repair Utility, and install using Preware again, the underlying patch utility appends the contents of those files to those files. I need to talk to dbsooner and see if he can take this into account.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

    I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    If you're seeing double:

    • Uninstall the patch.
    • Make sure the following files are removed:
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/calculator.jsjsjs
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/uscl-help-command-list.jsjsjs
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/uscl-help-command-view.jsjsjs
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/uscl.jsjsjs
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/global-search/expanded-searches-div-uscl.html
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/global-search/templates/uscl-searches-item.html
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/global-search/templates/uscl-searches-list.html
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/uscl-help-command-list/templates/item.html
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/uscl-help-command-list/templates/list.html
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/uscl-help-command-list/uscl-help-command-list-scene.html
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/uscl-help-command-view/uscl-help-command-view-scene.html
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/uscl.css
    • Reinstal the patch.


    These files do not exist on a stock Pre, but they're part of the patch. If you uninstall using Preware, those files are either blank or removed (I've never checked) and reinstalling isn't going to cause the double you're seeing. However, I'm guessing EPR and/or the webOS Repair Utility aren't smart enough to remove them. Which means if you install using Preware, remove using EPR/Repair Utility, and install using Preware again, the underlying patch utility appends the contents of those files to those files. I need to talk to dbsooner and see if he can take this into account.
    This worked like a charm. Thank you so much for your help, since it is now working perfectly.
  8. #148  
    i have deleted the above files but i still can't install this patch. it's giving me the patch is already installed? error.
    can somebody help?
    chris
  9. #149  
    NOTE: I was a bit impatient and didn't read through all your first post instructions to troubleshoot the problem... I will try to fix it tomorrow and report back if i still have a problem! sorry about that

    I just ran the EPR prior to updating to 1.3.5.1 and it uninstalled every patch except for the Command Line patch. When I try to Remove the patch manually, I get a bunch of errors, either "The next patch, when reveresed, would delete the file XXXXX which does not exist" --OR-- "Unrevered patch detected!" for a long list of files

    I tried looking at prior posts but wasn't sure exactly what to do ... I had the same problem when I EPRed for 1.3.5, but the installion of 1.3.5 seemed to fix the problem. However, installing 1.3.5.1 didn't seem to fix the problem. Any ideas? I can tell you which files are getting each of the respective errors above if that would help.

    Thanks for your help!
    Adam
    Last edited by Audemars02; 01/05/2010 at 09:43 PM.
  10. dsevil's Avatar
    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
       #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I just ran the EPR prior to updating to 1.3.5.1 and it uninstalled every patch except for the Command Line patch. When I try to Remove the patch manually, I get a bunch of errors, either "The next patch, when reveresed, would delete the file XXXXX which does not exist" --OR-- "Unrevered patch detected!" for a long list of files
    I got this issue as well, I believe. It seems to be caused when one has both USCL Notes Patch and USCL installed, and runs EPR. I'm going to see if I can reproduce this in the emulator; if so I'll have to report it.

    After running EPR, run the following (type it all on one line):

    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-command-line

    You'll see a message saying something about "not running prerm". You can just ignore it.

    Then you'll be able to install that patch again.

    If this doesn't work then worst case *should* be you'll just have to run the webOS Repair Utility.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

    I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
  11. dsevil's Avatar
    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
       #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    I got this issue as well, I believe. It seems to be caused when one has both USCL Notes Patch and USCL installed, and runs EPR. I'm going to see if I can reproduce this in the emulator; if so I'll have to report it.
    Confirmed and reported.

    If you already ran EPR, workaround is in my previous post.

    If you have both patches ("USCL Notes Patch" and "Command Line") installed, then if you want to run Emergency Patch Recovery, you *must* uninstall the USCL Notes Patch using Preware before running EPR.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

    I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    I got this issue as well, I believe. It seems to be caused when one has both USCL Notes Patch and USCL installed, and runs EPR. I'm going to see if I can reproduce this in the emulator; if so I'll have to report it.

    After running EPR, run the following (type it all on one line):

    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-command-line
    Worked like a charm! I was worried about being without my favorite patch, but you saved the day!

    Adam
  13. #153  
    Any way to have the note open to Evernote?
    Laissez Faire
  14. #154  
    any updates regarding command for new events? or new tasks?
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    I got this issue as well, I believe. It seems to be caused when one has both USCL Notes Patch and USCL installed, and runs EPR. I'm going to see if I can reproduce this in the emulator; if so I'll have to report it.

    After running EPR, run the following (type it all on one line):

    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-command-line

    You'll see a message saying something about "not running prerm". You can just ignore it.

    Then you'll be able to install that patch again.

    If this doesn't work then worst case *should* be you'll just have to run the webOS Repair Utility.
    new user/stupid question... how do i or where do i run 'ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-command-line'?
  16. dsevil's Avatar
    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
       #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by kidlumber7 View Post
    new user/stupid question... how do i or where do i run 'ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-command-line'?
    On the device itself.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

    I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
  17. dsevil's Avatar
    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
       #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    any updates regarding command for new events? or new tasks?
    I've not had a nice long chunk of time to work on this. I've had some shorter chunks of time but I tend to make easier changes. I also had this burr up my *** about Brighthouse Labs and wrote Hide App Vendors.

    I kind of sort of have it done though...
    Last edited by dsevil; 01/07/2010 at 06:47 PM.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

    I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    On the device itself.
    i guess i should have been more specific... how do i run this on the device? using what application? cmd line no longer in functional.
  19. #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    I've not had a nice long chunk of time to work on this. I've had some shorter chunks of time but I tend to make easier changes. I also had this burr up my *** about Brighthouse Labs and wrote Hide App Vendors.

    I kind of sort of have it done though...
    wow great work! do you have a donotation link?
  20. dsevil's Avatar
    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
       #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    wow great work! do you have a donotation link?
    I'm not soliciting but since you asked, my PayPal email is: dse at-sign webonastick period com
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

    I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions