Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Do a search for the WebOSRepair utility. I think you just need to be in Developer mode and have the WebOSRepair utility and WebOSQuickInstall installed on your computer.
    I have it and use it from time to time. But I have never edited a specific file. What file should I edit to delete this patch?

Preware now lists the updated universal search patch. But I can't delete the old version. It tells me that the memos patch depends on this one and it won't let me delete the memos patch either.
    Laissez Faire
    OK, I considered the possibility that my launcher-scenes.html file had become corrupted somehow, possibly by having installed this patch earlier or attempting to uninstall it--not sure how. So I repaired this specific file using the WebOSRepair utility. Then I found that WOSQI could install the USCL and notes patches successfully.

Preware doesn't acknowledge that these patches have been installed, but WOSQI does.
    Mine is showing up in PreWare!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I have it and use it from time to time. But I have never edited a specific file. What file should I edit to delete this patch?
    You need to follow the thread above. We found the corrupted file by looking at the error log produced by WOSQI after trying to install the latest patch file listed a few posts above. Maybe you have a different problem, so you need to determine if there's a file that's not working with the patch.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    USCL Patch 1.3.1-16 is now available in Preware. And... it installs perfectly in the emulator!

Now, before you say anything about the latest version of KeyToss: I've tried installing *its* latest package (1.3.1-16) on a fresh emulator image. It doesn't install; IPKG log cites a number of the usual "Hunk #... FAILED at ..." messages. So it's out of my scope for now, and trying to say anything about compatibility between my patch and theirs is moot.
    Last edited by dsevil; 11/22/2009 at 04:09 PM.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    I uninstalled USCL from WOSQI and reinstalled via Preware, and it's working well. Thanks!
    Is there any way to change the destination of the .n command? It goes to the memos app, but I have just installed a new app called Fliq Notes which is much better. Any way that .n could be programmed to go to this app? or a new command (maybe .f) for this app?
    Laissez Faire
    everyone make sure u are running 1.3.1 on phones, had similar problems after I doctor my pre, it installed 1.2.1 don't know why, but now trying to upgrade it.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    1. I've reported forum user Dr. Grace's problem installing USCL using webOSQI on OSX.

2. Next release of USCL will have the following:

- .gps on/off
    - .usegoogle on/off (rough location using cell towers)
    - .autolocate on/off
    - .geotag on/off
    - .bgdata on/off

- .rescan
    - .restart java

- .wolfram keywords
    - .snopes keywords
    - .maps keywords (for completeness)

- .keytoss cmd keywords or ..cmd keywords — This is really just in case compatibility with the KeyToss patch starts to get too difficult, or for those of you who don't want to also install KeyToss.

Hide/show individual things from Universal Search:
    - .hide/.show cmd ...
    - To reset all hidden flags: .show all

- All the Math properties are now "builtins" for .calc.
    So you can say: .calc sin(PI / 4)
    instead of: .calc Math.sin(Math.PI / 4)

- You can say the command after your keywords if you like. Examples:
    I like pie. .memo is equivalent to .memo I like pie.
    i am america .amazon
    (37 * 1.8) + 32 .calc

3. I'm also looking into ways to load commands from external sources—either the USB drive partition, the web, or both. This way, "niche" searches like .beer and .snopes would not have to be builtins anymore. It will probably be implemented in a future release, but not this one. I may decide this is too much bloat.

4. As for integration into things like Fliq Notes, it most likely means the application will have to be modified and will take a good chunk of time, meaning I'm not going to have the time to work on integration with every single application like this. If it's a straight-up application you can install from the App Catalog or Preware, the required modifications ought to be part of the app itself. If it's a built-in application, the required modifications still have to be distributed as a patch on webos-patches, much like the USCL Notes Patch.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Oh yeah, another new feature for the next release.
    To enter a time-stamped note quickly without launching the Notes app:
    - .quicknote text (or .qn text)

As for user-defined commands, I've decided to just have it be a file called uscl.json on the USB drive's root directory for now.
    - Syntax is JSON; remember: no comments, trailing commas, functions, or unquoted object property strings.
    - Because of that, it's limited to web site searches for now.
    - Example file is available.
    - After copying/modifying/deleting uscl.json and unmounting the device, use the .update command. If the file doesn't exist or contains a syntax error, you'll get a warning.
    Last edited by dsevil; 12/01/2009 at 05:07 PM.

Hello all,
    is there a possibility to include a lookup of any calender-entries?
    Or Memos/Todos?

That would be great.

Kind regards
    Normen
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Just submitted new versions of both patches to webos-patches! See OP for new features.

If you're going to use the .quicknote feature I strongly recommend you upgrade the USCL Notes Patch as well.

Available here now if you want to install with webOSQI and you know what you're doing: Index of /webos/patches

Very nice update dsevil, trying out the new commands and it's awsome. thanks alot...
    This is a great patch. So many possibilities - it is very helpful. Thanks for all your work. I have a few suggestions:

1. Search Gmail through web interface. Something like .gmail. This can probably be added through the custom capability if I can figure out the syntax, but it seems like a useful enough thing to be built-in.
    2. I second someone's suggestion for ".cal" to add a calendar entry.
    3. Adding a task entry to the tasks application. Something like ".task name due_date"
    Unfortunately again I got errors trying to uninstall/reinstall from Preware. I'll try again via WOSQI. Maybe I'll have to do the WebOSRepair thing once more.
    Unfortunately again I got errors trying to uninstall/reinstall from Preware. I'll try again via WOSQI. Maybe I'll have to do the WebOSRepair thing once more.
    Emer. Patch recovery u mean? also make sure your on 1.3.1 vr. on your phone.
    No, see above in this thread. I had to use WebOS Repair utility to replace one of the original WebOS files that had been patched. Something about line break characters being messed up. EPR did not do anything to fix this problem.
    Just installed - it's great! I particularly love having the additional options in Universal Search when you put in ".show", it truly makes it universal. Nice work!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    As for user-defined commands, I've decided to just have it be a file called uscl.json on the USB drive's root directory for now.
    - Syntax is JSON; remember: no comments, trailing commas, functions, or unquoted object property strings.
    - Because of that, it's limited to web site searches for now.
    - Example file is available.
    - After copying/modifying/deleting uscl.json and unmounting the device, use the .update command. If the file doesn't exist or contains a syntax error, you'll get a warning.
    This works great! I added 2 more searches for youtube mobile and tv.com (in attached file)!

I have just one question. If i wanted to create a command that did not require any Arguments, how do i do that. e.g. i have .yt set to youtube, but if I wanted to just type in .yt with nothing else, how can I get that to go to youtube.com. I have the "noArguments" set in the file, but when I try to enter it on the phone, i get an error saying that I have no arguements specificed

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I have just one question. If i wanted to create a command that did not require any Arguments, how do i do that. e.g. i have .yt set to youtube, but if I wanted to just type in .yt with nothing else, how can I get that to go to youtube.com. I have the "noArguments" set in the file, but when I try to enter it on the phone, i get an error saying that I have no arguements specificed
    That feature is not implemented yet.

EDIT: As for .youtube, it'll be built-in for a future release. As for .tv, it'll be one of the "extras" in the uscl.json example file. At least for the time being. I'd also like to take things like .snopes, .beer, and .ratebeer out of the built-ins eventually.
    Last edited by dsevil; 12/04/2009 at 03:44 PM.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I also just sent bugfixes for both patches to webos-patches. ".note" got broken and ".quicknote" would pop up with a warning that it's only supposed to pop up with if you forgot to upgrade the Notes patch even though you upgraded it.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast