Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    Please provide more information about the error, including any error messages and diagnostic output and such. You *did* try to install uscl-notes-1.3.1-patch and not 1.2.1, right?
    The one dated Nov. 13 from Index of /webos/patches

Is there a better source?

Syntax error line 1.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    The one dated Nov. 13 from Index of /webos/patches

Is there a better source?
    Those are still the ones for webOS 1.2.1.
    You need to use the one I linked to in my recent post:

I've uploaded the patch here. You can just just view it as well.
    You also need http://webonastick.com/webos/dev/pat...es-1.3.1.patch of course.
    Last edited by dsevil; 11/16/2009 at 12:40 PM.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    Still getting error when I try to install it.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    If you still get the "Syntax error line 1." error, I need the precise steps you took to get that error. That is not the type of error message a somehow-broken patch would trigger.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

If you still get the "Syntax error line 1." error, I need the precise steps you took to get that error. That is not the type of error message a somehow-broken patch would trigger.
    Opened file, saved, moved to wosqi, hit "install", message says

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh

/tmp/scriptFile.sh: line 1: syntax error" ("unexpected
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Opened file, saved, moved to wosqi, hit "install", message says

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh

/tmp/scriptFile.sh: line 1: syntax error" ("unexpected
    Thanks for the context. This is most likely an issue with webOS Quick Install. There's a thread for it. Most likely you just need to upgrade to v2.9, as webOS 1.3.1 compatibility is new to that version.

It is almost definitely not a problem with my patch.

Thanks for the context. This is most likely an issue with webOS Quick Install. There's a thread for it. Most likely you just need to upgrade to v2.9, as webOS 1.3.1 compatibility is new to that version.

It is almost definitely not a problem with my patch.
    I do have 2.9 installed. Will look for that thread.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Is there a way I can add or delete which sites will show up in the universal search? An easy way for non linux people like me?

I edited the patch file to delete the searches I didn't want but when i try to install the file it gives me an error but when I try to install an unmodified version it works fine. What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by Clipse; 11/16/2009 at 04:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    Is there a way I can add or delete which sites will show up in the universal search? An easy way for non linux people like me?
    I've thought of making it so you can type things like ".show amazon" or ".hide beer", actually.

I edited the patch file to delete the searches I didn't want but when i try to install the file it gives me an error but when I try to install an unmodified version it works fine. What am I doing wrong?
    When reporting problems, it's bad form to not report up front the error message and other details about what you're doing. What method are you using to install the patch? What steps are you taking? Which lines did you remove from the patch? What are the error messages?

Honestly, the kind of thing you are trying to do is, at least in some cases, best left to those with a more intimate knowledge of JavaScript and its syntax.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    [Regarding the 1.3.1 version of USCL] It's actually fully functional but there's one minor nagging issue.

If you enable the display of additional items in Universal Search using ".show" and then type something (e.g. "something") and wait a second until the animations are done, the list is automatically scrolled up a bit until "Amazon" is near the top.

I've uploaded the patch here. You can just just view it as well.

If anyone has any insight as to what would cause this to happen, I'm all ears.
    Anyone?

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I'm still looking into the issue during those few opportunities I have the time and manage to brainstorm something to try.

I've discovered that it has to do with the opening of the Drawer widget I'm using to contain the additional searches. Is there any way I can cause the opening of a drawer to not trigger the annoying scrolldown behavior?

Having Trouble Uninstalling Command Line. Found my Pre updated to 1.3.1 before I had a chance to remove patches. Ran EPRT and everything was removed except for Command Line. Any suggestions as to how to proceed would be helpful. Command line does not show up (does not seem to be functioning) but preware reports that it is installed.

Trying to remove (via preware) gives the following log error:

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway [n]
    Skipping patch.
    13 out of 13 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/global-search/expanded-searches-div.html
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 36.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/global-search/expanded-searches-div.html.rej
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/global-search.css
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/global-search.css.rej
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script execution
    Solution:
    Installed WebOSQuickinstall v2.9.
    Selected Manage Device.
    Under Applications, Command Line was present (not present under patches).
    Selected check box and hit uninstall button.
    Gave same error as Preware.
    However, when Applications list refreshed, Command Line no longer present.
    Turned off Dev Mode, restarted Pre.
    Command Line no longer appears as installed patch under Preware.
    I think your patch is great! It would be v.helpful to be able to enter a calendar entry with this feature. Something like ...

.cal meeting,11/16/09,8am

Its annoying to open the calender, select new event ...

maybe just have .cal meeting open the "add event" window with the title "meeting" already there. This way you could use the rest of the selection features already shown.

What do you think?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwy62 View Post
    Solution:
    *snip*
    Thank you! I would have been of absolutely no help whatsoever with this one.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmadr View Post
    I think your patch is great! It would be v.helpful to be able to enter a calendar entry with this feature. Something like ...
    There's an app called Quick Event available in Preware, etc. that kind of sort of does what you want.

Integration by simply invoking it can easily be done, most likely, but it would be a bit slower than I'd like. I'd like to integrate some of Quick Event's code, but it's licensed under CC No Derivatives so I'd have to talk to its author.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I've solved the scrolling problem (by monkey-patching a wrapper around a private API call).

I am submitting my patches to webos-patches as I post this.

EDIT: available here:
    http://webonastick.com/webos/patches/

Command line will not install for me in preware, IPKG log says it fails at 'Hunk #1 FAILED at 10.' I'm guessing '10' stands for line 10, line 10 is the launcher scene file. It does install correctly in Quick Install.
    I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    version 1.3.1-13

Hunk#1 FAILED at 10.

1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects ...

If I have the KeyToss Keyword search patch installed, I also get:

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/lun.../global-search-assistant.jsjsjs
    HUNK #1 FAILED at 125.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reports. Looks like \r\n line endings made their way onto launcher-scene.html on the device. This caused patch to fail because my patches are based off my local svn repos, which basically includes a backup of the device, and svn removes the \r characters by default. *grumble*

Submitted to webos-patches *again*.

Compatibility with KeyToss not yet fixed.

EDIT: KeyToss compatibility fixed. (I guess. At least my patching test jig says so.) Submitted to webos-patches.
    Last edited by dsevil; 11/19/2009 at 08:12 PM.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast