NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    How would I fix this?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeckert21 View Post
    How would I fix this?
    I don't know. It depends on which of the scenarios I've outlined applies to what caused your problem.

If you used webOS Quick Install or some other tool to install USCL previously and the USCL patch(es) is/are not listed in Installed Packages on Preware, then you need to copy the following files from the webOS Doctor image that applies to your webOS version back onto your device:

(USCL Notes patch)
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/app/controllers/grid-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/app/controllers/note-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/appinfo.json

(USCL patch)
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/global-search/expanded-searches-div.html
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/global-search.css

You can use the WebOS Repair Utility to selectively restore those particular files.

You can also do it using some manual method. If you're familiar with the Unix command line and how to use [fixed]novacom put[/fixed], it'll save you some time compared to using the webOS Repair Utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    If you used webOS Quick Install or some other tool to install USCL previously and the USCL patch(es) is/are not listed in Installed Packages on Preware
    Due to a limitation/issue with Preware, it classifies any packages not in feeds in the "unknown" category in Preware. I've discussed this with both Oil and Rod, and they've assured me a fix is coming. So for now, be sure to check the "Unknown" packages area for WOSQI-installed patches.

You can also do it using some manual method. If you're familiar with the Unix command line and how to use [fixed]novacom put[/fixed], it'll save you some time compared to using the webOS Repair Utility.
    Personally I think ya save a bit a time with repair utility
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Personally I think ya save a bit a time with repair utility
    The one time I used it on a Windows box it took approximately 2030 minutes to go through the entire webOS Doctor image, by my wild guess. I didn't check for any options that didn't search through the entire image, though.
    The one time I used it on a Windows box it took approximately 2030 minutes to go through the entire webOS Doctor image, by my wild guess. I didn't check for any options that didn't search through the entire image, though.
    I was referring to the Restore Specific File tool in it. Automatically pulls the file from the webosdoctor and put it right to the device. No hassle in dissecting the tar in the tar in the jar

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Can anyone suggest a less lame name for this, by the way?

Coming soon:
    - .yahoo (.y)
    - .amazon (.az)
    - .gis (Google Image Search)
    - .shop (Google Product Search)
    - .restart luna
    - .news (Google News Search)
    - Major code refactoring to move much of the USCL code into its own files.
    - Help opens up its own stage (you can't scroll a dialog)

I've been focusing much of my time on the last two. The others were easy.
    Last edited by dsevil; 11/08/2009 at 06:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I think I need some coding help here.

I'm trying to implement a feature that adds most of the searches built in to USCL to the Universal Searches screen. Attached to this post is a version of the patch with my attempt at doing this. You can also just view it if you want.

My stumbling block is that the setupWidget() call on the List widget is not working:

Code:
    var that = this;
    this.commandLine = new CommandLine({
        onCreate: function () {
            that.usclSearchesAttrs = {
                listTemplate: "global-search/templates/uscl-searches-list",
                itemTemplate: "global-search/templates/uscl-searches-item",
                swipeToDelete: false,
                reorderable: false
                //renderLimit: that.commandLine.universalSearchList.length
            };
            that.usclSearchesModel = { 
                items: that.commandLine.universalSearchList 
            };
            that.controller.setupWidget("uscl_searches",
                                        that.usclSearchesAttrs,
                                        that.usclSearchesModel);
        }
    });
    This is code I'm adding to global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.

I've verified that:
    - The function passed as the value of the onCreate property is being called. (I have to pass it like this because part of the initialization involves an asynchronous call.)
    - The list I'm passing contains the correct data during the invocation of onCreate.

I'm also pretty sure that the listTemplate and itemTemplate paths are correct. The actual pathnames are:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/global-search/templates/uscl-searches-item.html
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/global-search/templates/uscl-searches-list.html

Is there something else I'm missing here? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    My stumbling block is that the setupWidget() call on the List widget is not working:

Is there something else I'm missing here? Thanks in advance.
    dumb question, but you're setting up the widget during the scene's setup function, right?

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    dumb question, but you're setting up the widget during the scene's setup function, right?
    That chunk of code I posted is in the setup function, but the widget is set up after the setup function is completed. Part of the initialization process for the commandLine object is using the asynchronous searchApps request to return a list of applications that have "igrokthecommandline" as a keyword. If you "follow the money", you'll see that the widget is set up at the end of the onSuccess handler of that call.

I guess I could look into making sure the widget setup is performed synchronously while the setup function is running.

EDIT: Yeah, that did it. To some degree. My code ain't finished yet, but at least there's a bunch more items in the Universal Search screen now.
    Last edited by dsevil; 11/09/2009 at 08:19 PM.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

EDIT: Yeah, that did it. To some degree. My code ain't finished yet, but at least there's a bunch more items in the Universal Search screen now.
    yea, I had a similiar issue with Internalz. Not that it matters given you've solved the issue, but what I did was setup the empty list widget, the edit the widget's model and use modelChanged() to populate the list.

tried, it and it's awsome, always wanted a google pic search patch but no one would hook me up. with this it's even better, this patch for sure is VERY! useful. I love this patch Thank You! dsevil...

Can't wait till it's all done!
    Last edited by robbskittles; 11/10/2009 at 01:06 PM.
    Is it possible to add youtube to work with app?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Just submitted new versions of USCL and USCL Notes to webos-patches.

They are also available for installation by other means if you desire:
    Index of /webos/patches

New Features!

- .help opens its own window.

- Added .show and .hide to turn on and off the display of most USCL features and additional searches in the Universal Search screen.

- added .yahoo, .gis (Google Image Search), .shop (Google Products), .news (Google News), and .amazon.

- Also added .wikipedia and .google for completeness.

- You can also now type: .restart luna

- Timestamps are automatically appended to notes created via ".note" or by tapping "New Note". You must install the updated USCL Notes Patch for this, whenever it gets posted.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    1. I've been having apparent memory leak issues. Not sure if this patch is the culprit. Could not reproduce a leak in The WebOS emulator. At least palm-worm ain't telling me about any.

2. Error dialogs don't show up. Known issue.

I will look into both later this evening.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    2. Error dialogs don't show up. Known issue.
    Fixed, submitted to webos-patches, and posted here: Index of /webos/patches

1. I've been having apparent memory leak issues. Not sure if this patch is the culprit. Could not reproduce a leak in The WebOS emulator. At least palm-worm ain't telling me about any.
    Still looking into this one. Been running palm-worm on my actual device monitoring a few apps. Honestly, I'm kind of new to this JavaScript memory leak troubleshooting thing. Suggestions on additional tools to troubleshoot would be nice.

is this compatible with 1.3.1?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    To answer @hrminer92's question, not yet.
    I've been working on it.

It's actually fully functional but there's one minor nagging issue.

If you enable the display of additional items in Universal Search using ".show" and then type something (e.g. "something") and wait a second until the animations are done, the list is automatically scrolled up a bit until "Amazon" is near the top.

I've uploaded the patch here. You can just just view it as well.

If anyone has any insight as to what would cause this to happen, I'm all ears.

I installed the new patch. I then tried to open a note. It tells me that "error: the application com.palm.notes is not configured..." I then tried to install the notes patch but got an error: it would not install. This is my favorite feature of the command line. How to fix it?
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I then tried to install the notes patch but got an error: it would not install. This is my favorite feature of the command line. How to fix it?
    Please provide more information about the error, including any error messages and diagnostic output and such. You *did* try to install uscl-notes-1.3.1-patch and not 1.2.1, right?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast