Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
    +1 for m.imdb.com
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    How can I make a user defined command that reboots my phone with the command .reboot?
    You can't.
    Not right now.
    Check this thread occasionally though.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    To be more clear: The application is multi-stage, has a handleLaunch in the AppAssistant, and I can use whatever launch parameters you'd like to pass to the app. I am not familiar with USCL, and so don't know what would work best.
    You get to decide the parameters for now.
    Any convention such that one can easily programmatically determine whether to, e.g., insert a new task, and if so, gather any required information, is fine with me.
    The example you came up with is sufficient.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    any chance you can update the USCL patch to go to the new mobile instead of the full site?
    It's in my codebase now; thanks for the suggestion.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    As for internationalization, I've decided for now that I'm going to do it by request only. There are numerous webOS Doctor versions available and I'm not going to download every single one of them.

So if USCL actually fails to install on your device due to "hunk failed" type errors and such, please look at this list and email/PM me which one you want me to port it to.

Translations into other languages are also welcome, of course.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I've created a new web site for USCL:

Universal Search Command Line for webOS

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    I've created a new web site for USCL:

Universal Search Command Line for webOS

What do you think?
    Very cool!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Okay, put on your programming helmets, fellas.

User-Defined Commands — Universal Search Command Line

This will be how you can implement any user-defined thing you want. For an extremely simple example, things like ".reboot".

/media/internal/uscl.json will still be supported, of course.

I'll be sumbitting the next version of USCL, which will support this, sometime in the next few days. Not quite ready right now.

It won't support ".reboot" right out of the box, because I'd rather you play with it a bit.

I'd like your thoughts on this API (of sorts) though, if you have any.

I can feel it.... we are moments away from being able to do something like the following:

.done figure out how to UCLS with done

Darren, The new site looks great, and your User defined command page has great info, that admittedly, I am still no where near finished understanding.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimner View Post
    I am still no where near finished understanding.
    and I am nowhere near finished understanding what this means:

figure out how to UCLS with done

and I am nowhere near finished understanding what this means:

basically.... using your new 'API' to be able to create a command '.done'

that would add a new task to the app "Done!"
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Just submitted a new version to the webos-patches feed!

You can download it now for webOSQI/etc.:
    http://webonastick.com/webos/patches/1.4.5/uscl.patch
    http://webonastick.com/webos/patches...uscl.patch.txt

NOTE: There's a problem with Internalz that causes it to not be able to install this or any recent version of the USCL patch. I just tried to do this myself. I've reported it in JayCanuck's thread.
    Last edited by dsevil; 08/27/2010 at 05:54 PM.

Just submitted a new version to the webos-patches feed!

You can download it now for webOSQI/etc.:
    http://webonastick.com/webos/patches/1.4.5/uscl.patch
    http://webonastick.com/webos/patches...uscl.patch.txt

NOTE: There's a problem with Internalz that causes it to not be able to install this or any recent version of the USCL patch. I just tried to do this myself. I've reported it in JayCanuck's thread.
    So if USCL actually fails to install on your device due to "hunk failed" type errors and such, please look at this list and email/PM me which one you want me to port it to.
    Does this one have all international support or do you still want the exact version of doctor image to be posted to you?

I would like the O2 (Germany, UK and Ireland / Movistar Spain) Original Pre version 1.4.5 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...p100ueu-wr.jar, which should have a quite large user base

Are this special patches then made available over Preware-feed and be AUPT compatible?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I haven't worked on i18n yet.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    The "new version" available on Preware as of this morning isn't really the new version. I'm aware of this and will resubmit later this evening.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    The new version available on Preware as of now is actually the new version.
    Sorry about the delays.

I can not install it on my pixi+, my pre is OK. Only support pre?
    The new version available on Preware as of now is actually the new version.
    Sorry about the delays.
    Will Preware detect that a new version is there? b/c I was not given the option to update. Or does it need to be removed/reinstalled?

--MGb
    I can't install on my pixi either. Grr.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Is this 1.4.5 compatible? It wasn't on the list of patches to remove so I left it installed when I updated to 1.4.5 last night. Now it doesn't work. In Preware, it says there's an update. It fails the install and won't remove it. I can post the IPKG log if that will help. I have a US Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus with OS 1.4.5.

Thanks