Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    What am I doing wrong here:

Code:
    		"ixquick": {
    			"title": "Ixquick",
    			"usage": "<var>keywords</var>",
    			"example": "search engine privacy",
    			"description": "Search Ixquick.com",
    			"url": "https://us.ixquick.com/do/metasearch.pl?cat=web&cmd=process_search&language=english&enginecount=8&query=",
    			"noArguments": {
    				"url": "https://us.ixquick.com/"
    			}
    		},
    		"ixquick": "ix",
    Needless to say, I don't really know what I'm doing...
    2 things...

1. Make sure you have an opening "{" in the beginning..maybe you just didn't copy/paste it, but wanted to be sure
    2. For the last line, reverse the data.. make it:
    "ix": "ixquick" ,

good luck
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    2 things...

1. Make sure you have an opening "{" in the beginning..maybe you just didn't copy/paste it, but wanted to be sure
    At the beginning of the file? Yup, it's there. I just copied the "ixquick" part.

2. For the last line, reverse the data.. make it:
    "ix": "ixquick" ,
    That did it! Thanks.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    New in Universal Search Command Line:

.task|.t task name
    .quicktask|.qt task name

Both commands create a new task in the "Unfiled" category in the built-in Tasks application. .quicktask does not cause the Tasks application to be launched if it's not already running; .task does.

For both .task and .quicktask you can specify more than one task in a single command by separating them with semicolons:

.task hack the planet; make the donuts
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    New in Universal Search Command Line:

.task|.t task name
    .quicktask|.qt task name

Both commands create a new task in the "Unfiled" category in the built-in Tasks application. .quicktask does not cause the Tasks application to be launched if it's not already running; .task does.

For both .task and .quicktask you can specify more than one task in a single command by separating them with semicolons:

.task hack the planet; make the donuts
    Hey dsevil -- did you see my post a few posts ago about not being able to install the patch due to existing files that i can't delete... post #179. any thoughts to fix that? I miss this patch SOOOOOO much
    Still having the same problem with 1.4.1

As soon I install USCL and restart Luna, the universal search (without the command line functionality) works only for the 1st time. Cancel the search and try it again (be it with any USCL command or just a plain universal search) and nothing happens (in addition to the launcher being active after typing any word instead to the universal search screen.

As I explained, this is happening in a Spanish GSM Pre, localized into Spanish lang also.

Any idea of how to get it working?
    dsevil,

Is it possible to specify which task list the quicktask-created task ends up in?

I'd prefer those tasks be created in the "Exchange" list which syncs to my Exchange server. I can move them all in manually, but it would sure be easier if I didn't have to. Is there a file that's part of the patch that I could edit? I'm perfectly happy to do that.

Thanks for an extraordinary feature!
    Is there any way to use this to send a quick sms? I'd love to be able to just typu ".sms r on my way home" where "r" is the quick-key for one of my contact's phone numbers. Then the messaging app would open up with my message pre-populated and already sent.

I'm assuming this would be impossible to add in the custom file. It would be great to have in the patch itself...
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Just submitted the next version of USCL.
    ON PREWARE NOW!
    You will be able to type things like:

.help amazon
    (instead of typing .help then tapping on amazon)

.task -c Groceries milk; corn starch; eggs
    (to create a category if it's not there yet, and put your tasks there)

.task -c Groceries -s , milk, corn starch, eggs
    (use of a different separator instead of the default semicolon)

.quickevent doctor's appointment 09:30 8/4 at the clinic
    (if you have QuickEvent installed. same syntax as QuickEvent itself.)

Also see the bottom entry in http://webonastick.com/uscl/feeds/uscl.json
    Complex aliases like that ".groceries" example there will be supported.
    You will be able to simply type: .groceries milk, corn starch, eggs
    This was one of my major impetuses for writing USCL in the first place.
    Last edited by dsevil; 05/10/2010 at 10:51 AM.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    just submitted the next version of uscl.
    You will be able to type things like:
    .quickevent doctor's appointment 09:30 8/4 at the clinic
    (if you have quickevent installed. Same syntax as quickevent itself.)
    awesome!!!!!!!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    It's available on Preware now! Woohoo!

won't install.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    won't install.
    Please post the contents of the last part of webos-patches.log. We can't help you without error messages.

I was wondering where can i find the webos-patches log file??
    so i can look for a solution for my problem.
    Because if i try to install the uscl-patch true quick install it gives a error with install,
    error occurred, 1 out of 1 hunk occurred
    I have both patches installed:command line patch + the Universal Search Command Line memos patch.
    But I am not sure where i go wrong.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    > I was wondering where can i find the webos-patches log file??

It's called webos-patches.log.
    It's located on the root directory of the USB Drive.

Or /media/internal/webos-patches.log if that's how you roll.

oke thanks for the fast reply, got the file now.
    But wich part do i need to find out whats wrong or why it wont install?
    would like tho have this patch running?
    But don´t know why it fails?
    attached the log file if this helps
    Attached Files Attached Files
    soo I'm going to doubt this is just me but my .restart command is not working. I've already attempted reinstallation. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    My .restart isn't working either. I don't remember changing any apsects of it. I'll look into it.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michkoopt View Post
    oke thanks for the fast reply, got the file now.
    But wich part do i need to find out whats wrong or why it wont install
    The last hundred or so lines of it, starting with the line that says something about "PATCH INSTALLATION <date>" and ending with the line saying "FAILED" or some such thing.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Just submitted a fix. This should fix the problem where .restart wasn't working. Basically I looked at the sources for Luna Manager and fixed my code for .restart luna, .restart java, and .rescan to match.

Available here for webOSQI users and such:
    Index of /webos/patches/1.4.1.1

I can't believe all of the times I've seen this patch and just looked right past it in Preware. Well I finally came across this thread today which got me interested enough to install the patch. So far I'm loving it, working on adding a few commands of my own now. I wouldn't mind getting rid of a few as well, is that possible?