1.    #1  
    Hey Everyone-

Noticed that an improved file naming scheme patch was uploaded to preware. Anyone able to get this one installed? I receive and IPKG error.

Also, on that note... I am assuming the Autopatch technology is smart enough to create a backup and any lines that is was able to write are removed after post-install. I know the log says the rejected lines stay in a .rej file, but what if some were successful, are those removed as well since the patch would be incomplete?

-Grand
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastepre View Post
    Hey Everyone-

Noticed that an improved file naming scheme patch was uploaded to preware. Anyone able to get this one installed? I receive and IPKG error.

Also, on that note... I am assuming the Autopatch technology is smart enough to create a backup and any lines that is was able to write are removed after post-install. I know the log says the rejected lines stay in a .rej file, but what if some were successful, are those removed as well since the patch would be incomplete?

-Grand

That output is from a dry run, which doesn't actually touch anything. A dry run is attempted to see if the patch CAN apply before actually applying it, and the output messages are the same exactly as if it were indeed patching. So in short, if it's using autopatch technology and you see those failures you can be confident that nothing was actually touched.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I had the same thing. I am assuming its because some of the camera files were touched in applying the 'camera mute button' patch, so the lines it is looking for are not in the same spot. Did you apply one of those other camera patches too?

If so, I am assuming many people have applied the camera shutter sound patch, so any chance of an alternate patch that takes this into account?
    This is fixed. It was an error in the original patch that was submitted. This will install fine now from Preware. Be sure to update your feeds.
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Hrmm ok but why am I now unable to bring up the Photos app anymore? Just sits there searching atm

nm it's back.
    Last edited by twiktor; 10/28/2009 at 08:24 PM.