Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the Emergency Patch Recovery patch is still available? I am unable to find it. Thank you for your time.
    open Preware
    Available other/linux application/all/EPR
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I don't have an Other catagory in my available patches. I have Preware 9.5. I can't seem to find it anywhere
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Preware > preferences > turn 'show other types' to YES > back to main and look in 'available other' > Linux app etc.. .
    I've installed some patches (Browser Multi-Mod, Virtual Keyboard, 4x3 icons in the App Launcher, Messaging Mod, probably some others too..). All these were installed via PreWare.

I don't know what to do to be safe to upgrade to 1.3.1 today.

I dled the Emergency Patch Recovery. I assume this just 'runs' and doesn't create an icon which needs to be acted upon afterward.

After I did this, all my patches seem to still be there, VK still works and 4x3 App Launcher are still active. Is this supposed to be like this? And is it safe to upgrade WebOS to 1.3.1 now?

Thanks for any help.

***EDIT***

Just read that EPR app runs on next restart. Restarting the device now to see it this fixes the problem. Will update this post again after.

***2nd EDIT***

Device restarted, some patches still there (Virtual Keyboard, Messaging Mod, perhaps others...), some (one at least - 4x3 App Launcher) seem to be removed. I assume I should not upgrade WebOS until all patches appear to be gone?

According to PreWare, there are no patches installed anymore, but my phone still has the added functionality (Virtual Keyboard still works, etc...) that the patches provided. Any ideas of how I should proceed?
    Last edited by jrhodgebot; 11/14/2009 at 11:27 AM.
    If you have patches still installed and want to upgrade, it can cause problems. Sometimes immediately, sometimes later. Keep that in mind.

As for the Emergency Patch access method. It needs some rethinking. An application like Preware should have a VERY simple method of running the Emergency Patch removal. As in you open up Preware and its a button at the top of the screen, that takes you through a couple of quick text screens explaining what it does and when to use it. Having to hammer down vague feeds to get to it is just silly.

But then you get what you pay for......shrug.....

Besides.....who knows and maybe the Preware dev(s) will step it up a bit and refine the package to handle issues like this. Maybe in the next OS patch version update. In the meantime, I'm sure they will be busy dealing with the massive amounts of people that didn't do the EPR before hand. Either because they didn't know or couldn't find it. Live and learn.
    They say you should remove all your patches before updating to 1.3.1. I did that and then went to preware after and re-installed all my patches except 2 that is no longer on patches.
    Does anyone know if they removed these 2 patches. !) Close on Hangup for phone 2) Open to Call Log.... where did they go?
    no need for open to all log, it is installed by default in 1.3.1

the dialing pad now remmebers your last screen used, so if you close the card in all log, when you open it...its back to call log (default)
    How come I can't find the virtual keyboard patch. After updating to 1.3.1 this and a few other patches seem to have disappeared from preware. Am I just not looking in the right place. Thank you to anyone who can help me with this.
    Thanks Trim. But what if I want it to default there even after I had the keypad open? What about Closing after I end call?
    Quote Originally Posted by katzme View Post
    How come I can't find the virtual keyboard patch. After updating to 1.3.1 this and a few other patches seem to have disappeared from preware. Am I just not looking in the right place. Thank you to anyone who can help me with this.
    I believe that Preware will only show you the patches that are compatible with the WebOS version you are running, so the patches you don't see are not working with 1.3.1 yet. As the patches are updated they'll become available again.
    Thanks, I hope so...
  13. nak
    Quote Originally Posted by katzme View Post
    Those patches haven't been ported to 1.3.1. I know for sure that Rod said the keyboard patch is being ported over to 1.3.1. If you have 1.3.1 installed and you don't see a patch it's because that patch is incompatible with the version of webOS you have installed. It's just a matter of time before they get ported to 1.3.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Preware > preferences > turn 'show other types' to YES > back to main and look in 'available other' > Linux app etc.. .
    i have done this as well and i still cannot find the emergency patch recovery tool. accidently upgraded to 1.3.1 amd didnt uninstall the keyboard patch. im out of ideas besides starting from scratch with the web doc
    man this is great
    Quote Originally Posted by nak View Post
    Those patches haven't been ported to 1.3.1. I know for sure that Rod said the keyboard patch is being ported over to 1.3.1. If you have 1.3.1 installed and you don't see a patch it's because that patch is incompatible with the version of webOS you have installed. It's just a matter of time before they get ported to 1.3.1.
    The webOS 1.3.1 Virtual Keyboard is now available for installation from the Patches/Mojo section in Preware. Kudos to Eric for porting it to webOS 1.3.1 so quickly.

If you don't already have Preware, take a look at http://install.preware.org

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thread closed.

Please use the new the Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) thread.

- Craig