1.    #1  
    I am sometimes listening to Pandora, when all of a sudden my music stops. Why? Cuz the network falls to 1x. I then have to close Pandora and wait for the EV sign to show up and then I can re-open Pandora. Is there any way to make a patch that does not allow the phone to go to 1x? I KNOW I have 3G where I am, it just falls back for some reason. I want a patch to stop it from going to 1x. Maybe like an option so that it doesn't connect to 1x
    Well... you're always connected to the 1x, it's the phone-signal... you can't really force it to stay 3g if the speed isn't there, it'd be just a visual change. I guess you could get an airwave to fix it though, if it does 3g

So no you can't do that, and the signal strength could easily vary, so don't expect you'll have perfect 3g unless it always shows EV.

But I get bad reception where I am, and when Pandora stops I just wait until it reconnects to 3g and re-buffers the song.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    YES, please. Although this will have to come out as a radio upgrade from sprint and probably can't be done as a regular patch..

There's something seriously broken w/ the Pre's radio stack. I could be sitting under a tower with 5 bars and it'll still bump me over to 1x sometimes..

-mark
    Radio tweak should be coming soon (hopefully very soon!!).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Well... you're always connected to the 1x, it's the phone-signal... you can't really force it to stay 3g if the speed isn't there, it'd be just a visual change. I guess you could get an airwave to fix it though, if it does 3g

So no you can't do that, and the signal strength could easily vary, so don't expect you'll have perfect 3g unless it always shows EV.

But I get bad reception where I am, and when Pandora stops I just wait until it reconnects to 3g and re-buffers the song.
    You can force it to use EVDO (3g) ONLY for data in the EVDO Menu (enter ##3836# in phone dialer), BUT that means that if you are out of EVDO Data range, BUT in 1x data Range, you will not have DATA service
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    You can force it to use EVDO (3g) ONLY for data in the EVDO Menu (enter ##3836# in phone dialer), BUT that means that if you are out of EVDO Data range, BUT in 1x data Range, you will not have DATA service
    I remember doing this when I first received my pre to save battery life, I didn't notice much of a difference as far as helping keep 3g speeds, it still gave out in areas where I didn't receive strong 3g signal strength.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    Thanks! I guess this is what I was looking for. I will try this and let you guys know how it goes. I know where I live I have 3G everywhere.
    Doesn't disabling 1X prevent you from receiving incoming calls and texts?
  9.    #9  
    Yep just tried it. Not a good idea at all. I guess this patch isn't really feasible now =(