Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I recently just used the WebOS Doctor to refresh my pre and I was looking for the Flashlight App and Service on Preware but im unable to locate it. It seems like a feed or something has been removed. Where is the Flashlight App and Service??
    My canuck-software feed, where these files were, is offline temporarily. You'll need to manually install those files from the flashlight thread in these forums
    Flashlight is in the app catalog. It's free.
    Flashlight on the app store is a different app. It uses the screen for light as opposed to the preware app My Flashlight that used the Pres very bright led as a flashlight.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sero94 View Post
    Flashlight on the app store is a different app. It uses the screen for light as opposed to the preware app My Flashlight that used the Pres very bright led as a flashlight.

Hello. I just got my Pre and I have the flashlight app from the App Catalog. Can you tell me where I would get the Flashlight app that uses the LED Light? I have preware installed but don't see it in the app list.
    Quote Originally Posted by salm04 View Post
    Hello. I just got my Pre and I have the flashlight app from the App Catalog. Can you tell me where I would get the Flashlight app that uses the LED Light? I have preware installed but don't see it in the app list.
    Find the two ipk's that you need and install them via WebOS Quick Install (drag and drop). Do a search in these forums for "My Flashlight."
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I use this flashlite all the time. lol I was thinking it'd be cool if someone could make it stobe.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah like different patterns and stuff haha..
  9.    #9  
    That would be cool, but when is it going to be up again??? I need the filemgr and other services as well..
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    That would be cool, but when is it going to be up again??? I need the filemgr and other services as well..
    FileMgr and Internalz are currently available on PreCentral feed. Only the flashlight app/service and the mytether installer are unavailable. And all can also be installed via WebOSQuickInstall
  11.    #11  
    But do you have a date when your feed will be back up?
  12.    #12  
    Any idea when your feed will be back online?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    Any idea when your feed will be back online?
    what does it matter,just webos install it..we used to have to root into these things,,,you people amaze me to no end
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    can u post the flashlight ipk right here????please???

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    FileMgr and Internalz are currently available on PreCentral feed. Only the flashlight app/service and the mytether installer are unavailable. And all can also be installed via WebOSQuickInstall
    can u install the flashlight app without rooting????
    can u also install mytether without rooting....and without paying for it????

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    what does it matter,just webos install it..we used to have to root into these things,,,you people amaze me to no end
    For me at least, I prefer Preware for a few reasons.

1) WebOS Quick Install requires developer mode to be on, which means turning it on, rebooting, doing my thing in WebOS Quick Install, then turning it off, and rebooting again. That is time consuming, Preware is faster.

2) I don't always have my laptop with me, so having it on device is nice.

That's really about it, its really just a convenience thing. WebOS Quick Install is awesome, I do use it some, and I'm in no way complaining. Just stating my preferences...
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    is I coming to preware??

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  18.    #18  
    The flashlight app and service and some other utilities were on Preware but Jason's Feed is offline, its been ofline for over 2 weeks..
  19.    #19  
    bump
  20.    #20  
    When is it going to be back Jason?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast