Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    WOSQI is great, but I can't use it. Whenever I connect my Pre, my PVR's IR blasters stop functioning until I reboot, I think it has something to do with the Palm Novacom service. Hope its on Preware soon.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    hope this helps....
    Attached Files Attached Files

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    hope this helps....

Thanks. been looking for this
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    sure.....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Thank you very much!
    This may have to be one of the most useful apps I use
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    If I helped anyone....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    This was my first foray into the preware world... have been using filecoaster but this was my excuse to try preware, and it WORKS! I loaded the files from this thread one at a time as was mentioned above - fresh 1.3.1 update.

Thanks for getting that figured out!
    heres what he wants.. no wosqi, but works bon 1.3.1 perfect unless jason or someone adds it..

AGAIN: To be Clear; There is NO CURRENT WAY to get this app to work correctly without rooting!

You can install the app itself, but the LED will NOT light up unless you install the DBUS service jar running as root from a command line!

The IPK is therefore useless! Do not even bother with it, as it will do absolutely nothing.

Note: All the "type:" instructions below mean to type everything as seen between the quotes, not including the quotes, then hit enter.

Again; here are the working instructions:
    1. ROOT your Pre. Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals
    2. Login to your Pre using your favorite terminal.
    3. Make sure you are running as root (type: "su - or sudo -i")
    4. cd to root (type: "cd /")
    5. Make sure the filesystem is RW (type: "rootfs_open -t")
    6. Get the flashlight tar. (type: "wget http://*********/flashlight.tar")
    7. Untar it. (type: "tar -xvf flashlight.tar")
    8. now reboot and logout. (type: "reboot", then "exit", then "exit")

When your Pre comes back up, the flashlight should work if you have done everything correctly.
    Last edited by ipalmpreo; 11/21/2009 at 09:18 PM. Reason: referring to rwhitby post below removing the website. thanks for the info.
    Thank you very much Jeffmcc!!!
    I've been looking for that Flashlight since I wiped out my PRE. You're a life saver.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipalmpreo View Post
    6. Get the flashlight tar. (type: "wget http://lunaware.com/flashlight.tar")
    You have just installed a *huge* security hole on your Pre. That site hosts a very old version of the flashlight service which allows a rogue webOS application to take complete control of your Pre.

If anyone knows the owner of that site, please have them contact me immediately. The author of the flashlight service has fixed this problem, but this lunaware.com site is still distributing (without the permission of the original author) this security vulnerability.

The correct IPKG files are in Index of /feeds/canuck-software

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Strangely, the Canuck-Software feed does not update in Preware. It's like there's nothing even there.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRich View Post
    Strangely, the Canuck-Software feed does not update in Preware. It's like there's nothing even there.
    That is correct. The upstream feed source has been down for a couple of weeks at least now. I've alerted Jason and I believe he is currently looking for a new hosting provider.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ipalmpreo View Post
    heres what he wants.. no wosqi, but works bon 1.3.1 perfect unless jason or someone adds it..

AGAIN: To be Clear; There is NO CURRENT WAY to get this app to work correctly without rooting!

You can install the app itself, but the LED will NOT light up unless you install the DBUS service jar running as root from a command line!

The IPK is therefore useless! Do not even bother with it, as it will do absolutely nothing.

Note: All the "type:" instructions below mean to type everything as seen between the quotes, not including the quotes, then hit enter.

Again; here are the working instructions:
    1. ROOT your Pre. [url= Linux - WebOS Internals[/url]
    2. Login to your Pre using your favorite terminal.
    3. Make sure you are running as root (type: "su - or sudo -i")
    4. cd to root (type: "cd /")
    5. Make sure the filesystem is RW (type: "rootfs_open -t")
    6. Get the flashlight tar. (type: "wget ")
    8. now reboot and logout. (type: "reboot", then "exit", then "exit")

When your Pre comes back up, the flashlight should work if you have done everything correctly.

negatory.....you DO NOT have to root!!!!! Stop saying that......all you need to do is install the ipks!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jeffmcc; 11/24/2009 at 12:56 AM.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    hope this helps....
    I just reinstalled it on 1.3 (Thanks Jeffmcc) and it worked just like it did on 1.2.. Whew! I've been using the LED service in Precorder which is quite cumbersome (having to delete vid files and all.)..
    hope this helps....
    I've just installed it from the the above way . It works, and I hope it's safe
    Installed the .ipk's from the zip file.

I can see the App in the launcher, but turning it to "ON" does nothing.

Advice?
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post

Advice?
    What method did you used to install it. I tried via root and it did not work....then I tried via WOQI and it worked? Not sure why?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post

Advice?
    Same thing happened to me. I used WebOSQuickInstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    What method did you used to install it. I tried via root and it did not work....then I tried via WOQI and it worked? Not sure why?
    I used the Quick Installer.
    +1 for WOQI. Works like a charm
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast