Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Can you please write a version of this patch that work fully (vibrate) on Music Player Remix?
    I don't actually use Music Player Remix myself. From what I've seen though, the dev has been very receptive to suggestions, have you asked him if he'd be willing to incorporate the (very minimal) change necessary?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I don't actually use Music Player Remix myself. From what I've seen though, the dev has been very receptive to suggestions, have you asked him if he'd be willing to incorporate the (very minimal) change necessary?
    DanPLC said he might add this as an option in remix if enough people request it. If anyone wants this also go say so in that thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2237019
    FFUUUUU#$@*@$*&%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pandora devs updated the app and now the headset button no longer pauses or advances the music with your patch. jhoff80, could you possibly look into this for us?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by a dumb cat View Post
    FFUUUUU#$@*@$*&%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pandora devs updated the app and now the headset button no longer pauses or advances the music with your patch. jhoff80, could you possibly look into this for us?
    I'll look into it, but to let you know, I'll most likely wait until after 1.4 to see if anything changes in that OS update to make it work on its own.
  5.    #25  
    Okay, I really just don't get this. I figured that the Pandora devs were switching to a new API that would be used in 1.4, so that it'd work automatically in 1.4. But uh, it's like they were told to switch to a new API, that never ended up working.

There's two files device_service.jsjsjs $and$ $device_service_depreciated$.$js$. $They$'$re$ $identical$ $except$ $for$ $how$ $they$ $handle$ $the$ $headset$ $button$. $The$ $latter$, $the$ $one$ $marked$ $as$ $depreciated$, $is$ $the$ $way$ $that$'$s$ $always$ $worked$. $The$ $former$ $is$ $the$ $new$ $way$, $that$ $supposedly$ $is$ $based$ $on$ $a$ $new$ $API$ $Palm$ $told$ $them$ $to$ $use$... $which$ $isn$'$t$ $functional$.

Anyway, it's again an easy fix to get working again in 1.0.1.

Also uploaded it to Preware, so look for that in the next few days.

And also, I'm waiting to see when the 1.4.0 SDK / Documentation are released, because I'd really prefer the vibrate plus a soft tone or click noise over the headset. I'll have to see on that one though.

Edit: Sorry, stupid mistake on my part, see below.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 02/28/2010 at 03:38 PM.
  6.    #26  
    So, in the rush to get it done last night, the version I had posted before had a really stupid error, so it wasn't working.

Here's an updated version, should be in Preware soon.

I've also attached one that won't add vibrating, but just fixes the button support. I don't plan on submitting that one to Preware, but I'm sure some will find it useful. Make sure you remove the vibrate one before using the no-vibrate one.

Edit: See below.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 02/28/2010 at 05:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Error: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch: ****malformed patch at line 63: +}
  8.    #28  
    Man, I'm just having some brain farts this weekend. Make sure that one is removed, this one will definitely work though. It was a line-numbering issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    LOL, it happens.. .

Since I got an error would there be a residual piece of code or any code at all to delete??

*EDIT*

So i got the new version to install correctly but then Pandora would not load up.
    I deleted it, reinstalled and it now plays correctly but the patch is not working at all?
    Last edited by Freshyz; 02/28/2010 at 05:38 PM.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    LOL, it happens.. .

Since I got an error would there be a residual piece of code or any code at all to delete??
    I believe it probably just halted as soon as it saw the error, so you should be fine.
    I was able to get pandora-vibrate-1.0.1.patch from post #28 to work on both of the family palm pre's running webOS 1.4 and Pandora 1.0.1.

Thanks jhoff80!
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    So i got the new version to install correctly but then Pandora would not load up.
    I deleted it, reinstalled and it now plays correctly but the patch is not working at all?
    Which version of the patch are you using? Vibrate, or non? And if the vibrate one, did you use the one from my post, or the one from Preware?

Have you tried maybe removing the patch, deleting Pandora, and then redownloading it and reapplying the patch?

I'm actually currently running my device stock as a bit of an experiment, but I did test both before webOS Doctoring and they both worked for me.
    Jhoff80, thanks for adding this feature back into Pandora. It boggles me as to why they don't enable it.

However, I can't get the most recent patch (1.4.0-18) to install through preware on 1.4, pandora 1.0.1. I get:

Install
    An error occurred, return value: 4
    Cannot find package org.ebosinternals.patches.pandora-headset-advance-vibrate.
    Check spelling or ...
    Collected Errors:
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failed during 'install' operation.

Thanks,
    Andy
  14.    #34  
    Just to make sure I just installed Preware and tried my patch, and it installed correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by mothinator View Post
    An error occurred, return value: 4
    Cannot find package org.ebosinternals.patches.pandora-headset-advance-vibrate.
    This means that for some reason, the packages file is pointing to an incorrect link. Have you tried updating your feeds? It should work then.
    Have you tried updating your feeds?
    Doh.. Thanks jhoff80.

I also got an error about "3 of 3 hunks could not be applied."

Looking into it, it appears that "device_service.jsjsjs&$quot$; $somehow$ $got$ $deleted$. $Reinstalling$ $Pandora$ $fixed$ $the$ $problem$. $The$ $strange$ $thing$ $is$, $this$ $happened$ $on$ $both$ $of$ $my$ $phones$.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Same as mothinator, Removed pandora and reinstalled then the patch applied.

PATCH INSTALLATION Wed Mar 3 09:53:58 EST 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.pandora-headset-advance-vibrate/pandora-headset-advance-vibrate.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    can't find file to patch at input line 3
    Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.pandora/app/core/device_service.jsjsjs
    |+++ /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.pandora/app/core/device_service.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    can't find file to patch at input line 3
    Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
    |--- .orig/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.pandora/app/core/device_service.jsjsjs
    |+++ /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.pandora/app/core/device_service.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored

Installation FAILED!
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.pandora-headset-advance-vibrate
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.pandora-headset-advance-vibrate:
    package_list
    pandora-headset-advance-vibrate.patch
    *** FAILED ***
  17.    #37  
    Weird, that's saying again that the device_service.jsjsjs $file$ $isn$'$t$ $being$ $found$. $Honestly$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $what$ $to$ $tell$ $you$, $since$ $that$ $file$ $is$ $supposed$ $to$ $be$ $part$ $of$ $the$ $Pandora$ $install$.
  18.    #38  
    There seems to be a Pandora update, I'd suggest uninstalling this patch before updating.

Haven't updated yet to see if it fixes the headset advancing yet or not.

Edit: Nope, still doesn't fix it, but I was able to reapply the patch with no changes after upgrading.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 03/12/2010 at 08:22 PM.
  19.    #39  
    Pandora 1.0.3 is out tonight.

Still doesn't fix the headset button support, but the patch still does work.

I suggest removing the patch, then updating Pandora, then reinstalling it.
    Pandora 1.0.4 is out along with the new WebOS 1.4.1(.1). Any chance of updating this patch to work with both?
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast