Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Back in the day i had an ipod touch and i had it jailbroken (of course) and had a program called MXTube. Basically it allowed you to watch youtube videos and if you wanted an option to download them to the device for playback later. Wondering if anyone is working on something similar to this or if someone wants to do something like this. I would love to have an app that did this. Im not always in excellent coverage so it would be nice to have some videos from youtube saved to the pre....just a thought

EDIT***

[Moderator Note: YouTube download patches have been removed per Mobile Nations directives]
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/22/2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Moderator Note: Split Patch off to it's own thread.
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    this sounds like an awesome idea for an app
    +1...
    Great idea
    Yeah this would be Great
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I like this app......I have a downloader for my flasdrive and I works great......how bout a flash video player for any site....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    I'd also like to see this. Nice to be able to have a few videos saved for viewing later, since we can't bookmark or anything.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    i concur
    actueally it be cool to just add a download button on the youtube app that way it download the video like on the handle tap function add a stream or download popup that be awesome
    I would be happy just to log into my account and view my subscriptions.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    I'd also like to see this. Nice to be able to have a few videos saved for viewing later, since we can't bookmark or anything.
    Being able to download definitely would be nice but having a personal history within YouTube itself isn't all that bad.. .

Open YouTube > tap Videos > tap History
    OR
    Open YouTube > tap in the title area within each video (not on the stillshot video itself) > tap Share and send a link to yourself via email or text.

I agree this app should be more like the full PC version where I'm able to access my account, subscriptions etc.. .
    Last edited by Freshyz; 10/28/2009 at 05:07 AM.
    +1 please add! Would be great is anyone could figure this out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Being able to download definitely would be nice but having a personal history within YouTube itself isn't all that bad.. .

Open YouTube > tap Videos > tap History
    OR
    Open YouTube > tap in the title area within each video (not on the stillshot video itself) > tap Share and send a link to yourself via email or text.

I agree this app should be more like the full PC version where I'm able to access my account, subscriptions etc.. .
    Thanks, i never saw that before. I usually just go straight to search to find what i'm looking for. Thanks for the tip. Like you said, it is better than nothing.
    I am currently working on such an app (and have been for two months), but the problem I am experiencing is that the downloadmanager service isn't downloading the files.

Search for YT2V in the forums and you will see my app post.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Good to hear someone is at least trying to work on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I am currently working on such an app (and have been for two months), but the problem I am experiencing is that the downloadmanager service isn't downloading the files.

Search for YT2V in the forums and you will see my app post.
    I added some extra code to the Browser Multi Mod, that allows you to "Orange + Click" and now have a "Download Url" option that downloads any file. Maybe we can get together and figure something out. PM me if you're interested.
  17.    #17  
    im so glad to see positive posts about this. if this is any help i have code that will allow you to download a youtube video as an mp4 on a desktop if that could be somehow worked into an app maybe this will work.

Code:
    javascript:var%20video_id=null;var%20video_hash=null;var%20video_player=document.getElementById('movie_player');if(video_player){var%20flash_variables=video_player.attributes.getNamedItem('flashvars');if(flash_variables){var%20flash_values=flash_variables.value;if(flash_values){var%20video_id_match=flash_values.match(/[^a-z]video_id=([^(\&|$)]*)/);if(video_id_match!=null)video_id=video_id_match[1];var%20video_hash_match=flash_values.match(/[^a-z]t=([^(\&|$)]*)/);if(video_hash_match!=null)video_hash=video_hash_match[1]}}}if(video_id==null||video_hash==null){var%20args=null;try{args=yt.getConfig('SWF_ARGS')}catch(e){}if(args){video_id=args['video_id'];video_hash=args['t']}}if(video_id!=null&&video_hash!=null){var%20fmt='18';try{if(yt.getConfig('IS_HD_AVAILABLE'))fmt='22'}catch(e){}if(!document.getElementById('download-youtube-video')){var%20yt_mp4_path='http://www.youtube.com/get_video?fmt='+fmt+'&video_id='+video_id+'&t='+video_hash;var%20div_embed=document.getElementById('watch-embed-div');if(div_embed){var%20div_download=document.createElement('div');div_download.innerHTML='%3Cbr%20/%3E%20%3Cspan%20id=\'download-youtube-video\'%3E%20%3Ca%20href=\''+yt_mp4_path+'\'%20onclick=\'blur(this);\'%3EDownload%20as%20MP4%3C/a%3E%3C/span%3E';div_embed.appendChild(div_download);}if(navigator.appName!='Microsoft%20Internet%20Explorer'){document.location.href='http://www.youtube.com/get_video?fmt='+fmt+'&video_id='+video_id+'&t='+video_hash}}}void(0);
    once you use this code it supplies a link under the description to save file as an mp4 so im hoping this could be worked into an app that when you want to d/l it executes this script and starts downloading inside the app??
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    im so glad to see positive posts about this. if this is any help i have code that will allow you to download a youtube video as an mp4 on a desktop if that could be somehow worked into an app maybe this will work.

Code:
    javascript:var%20video_id=null;var%20video_hash=null;var%20video_player=document.getElementById('movie_player');if(video_player){var%20flash_variables=video_player.attributes.getNamedItem('flashvars');if(flash_variables){var%20flash_values=flash_variables.value;if(flash_values){var%20video_id_match=flash_values.match(/[^a-z]video_id=([^(\&|$)]*)/);if(video_id_match!=null)video_id=video_id_match[1];var%20video_hash_match=flash_values.match(/[^a-z]t=([^(\&|$)]*)/);if(video_hash_match!=null)video_hash=video_hash_match[1]}}}if(video_id==null||video_hash==null){var%20args=null;try{args=yt.getConfig('SWF_ARGS')}catch(e){}if(args){video_id=args['video_id'];video_hash=args['t']}}if(video_id!=null&&video_hash!=null){var%20fmt='18';try{if(yt.getConfig('IS_HD_AVAILABLE'))fmt='22'}catch(e){}if(!document.getElementById('download-youtube-video')){var%20yt_mp4_path='http://www.youtube.com/get_video?fmt='+fmt+'&video_id='+video_id+'&t='+video_hash;var%20div_embed=document.getElementById('watch-embed-div');if(div_embed){var%20div_download=document.createElement('div');div_download.innerHTML='%3Cbr%20/%3E%20%3Cspan%20id=\'download-youtube-video\'%3E%20%3Ca%20href=\''+yt_mp4_path+'\'%20onclick=\'blur(this);\'%3EDownload%20as%20MP4%3C/a%3E%3C/span%3E';div_embed.appendChild(div_download);}if(navigator.appName!='Microsoft%20Internet%20Explorer'){document.location.href='http://www.youtube.com/get_video?fmt='+fmt+'&video_id='+video_id+'&t='+video_hash}}}void(0);
    once you use this code it supplies a link under the description to save file as an mp4 so im hoping this could be worked into an app that when you want to d/l it executes this script and starts downloading inside the app??
    hmm, very nice. I wonder how difficult it'd be to make this as a patch for the youtube app. A download menu option on videos. Sound like a good alternative?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    hmm, very nice. I wonder how difficult it'd be to make this as a patch for the youtube app. A download menu option on videos. Sound like a good alternative?
    If I may be so bold as to throw out a Treky quote...
    "Make it so #1."

don't you still need the plugin greasemonkey for the desktop though.?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast