Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    Will these be submitted to the web-os patches feed?
    eventually, yea. As always though, .patch will be available day 1
    Hmm, seem to be having issues with all my computers. The Repair Utility wouldn't detect my Pre from my Win7 64-bit OS, or my Ubuntu 64-bit. Attempting Win7 32bit now. I must be doing something wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Not possible with html/css/jsjsjs afaikafaikafaik
    there is many websites that can do that but dont know with wich weblanguage
    Quote Originally Posted by alioooop View Post
    there is many websites that can do that but dont know with wich weblanguage
    Websites do it with server backend. For example, one website I saw I believe runs inputted flv files through an on-server video converter. For WebOS apps, we're restricted to only html/jsjsjs/$css$. $Not$ $to$ $mention$ $the$ $webos$ $no$ $stock$ $file$ $io$ $api$
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Only time the phone might go offline is after applying the patch with the luna reset. I'm not sure how it might go offline during download, I'm using Palm own api, heh.

I noticed my phone drop the EVDO connection also. It sort of cycled the connection a few times. Almost looked like a java reset?? This only occured while trying to download a video having the Pre still connected to the PC (just charge) with WebOSQI still open. When I disconnected the Pre from the PC the download worked fine.

One other thing, I don't see the patch when connected to WebOSQI device management. And preware doesn't remove it properly. I tried to remove and reapply it when it didn't work at first. The patch is definately applied because it works now, but quick install doesn't see it. So how can I remove it before a webos update? Repair Utility?

Great Patch!! Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    I noticed my phone drop the EVDO connection also. It sort of cycled the connection a few times. Almost looked like a java reset?? This only occured while trying to download a video having the Pre still connected to the PC (just charge) with WebOSQI still open. When I disconnected the Pre from the PC the download worked fine.
    Very strange. Maybe something in the new download manager caused the issue. Which is strange given the emulator tests worked fine. Which specific window in WebOSQuickInstall were you on?

One other thing, I don't see the patch when connected to WebOSQI device management.
    Be sure to switch the dropdown box from "Applications" to "Patches" and it'll be there.

And preware doesn't remove it properly. I tried to remove and reapply it when it didn't work at first.
    that's another new one. What error did you see? Was it classified a patch? And most importantly, tell me what version of WebOSQuickInstall does it say in the About screen?
    I ran a couple tests this AM and it is working fine here downloading. Weird thing though yesterday after patch install...both download and copy url my phone data usage went off-line after luna/java (sorry not familiar w/what WOSQI does after installations) restart.

I could make and receive calls, but no GPS (no Wifi) or similar acces for apps needing fulltime Web Access. Either way, I fixed it later by turning Off and then On Data Usage in the phone preferences.

Strange, but it is easy to recognize if you are having the problem because you loose the R (roaming) or EV (sprint) icon on the top menu. WIFI continued to work, but Data over cellular failed.

Is this the same problem as everyone else? Sorli...
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Very strange. Maybe something in the new download manager caused the issue. Which is strange given the emulator tests worked fine. Which specific window in WebOSQuickInstall were you on?

Be sure to switch the dropdown box from "Applications" to "Patches" and it'll be there.

that's another new one. What error did you see? Was it classified a patch? And most importantly, tell me what version of WebOSQuickInstall does it say in the About screen?
    -WebOSQI was just open at the main screen when the connection would drop

-i did switch to patch in the dropdown. I think trying to remove it with preware is what messed it up. I was at work with no pc to use for removal so I tried preware. It was listed in preware in the other-unknown-webosqi category

-i don't remember the preware error. I started to remove it, had me hit ok for the script to run, then errored out. it did remove it cause the download link was gone from youtube. but it still showed in preware. reapplyed it at home with QI. now it works but does not show installed in either preware or QI.

I guess I thought there was good commonality now with QI and preware patching, but maybe I still shouldn't install with one and remove with another
    -not at home now. but nearly positive I'm using v2.82 QI
    BTW - is there a patch that will allow use to swipe to delete in the Video interface?

Downloading works great, but I can see using a bunch of storage space and would love to offload videos when done.

Either way Jason and those who made this patch happen, thanks and it is working here and it works much better then the Youtube interface direct playback method...which seems to lag on large files. Sorli...
    Hopefully going to give this another try today. I was having issues with 3 different computers kast night, & to top it all off, looks like my Ubuntu upgrade went bad & then my cable stopped working... Not a great night for technology. I'll try reapplying the patch after I het out of class today.
    There we go . Thanks alot Jason. Finally got one of my computers working again, used the Repair Utility on the YouTube file, & got the patches working.
    All I did was a patch on an existing app. No where near the same as a standalone app. I'm guessing your app is using some sort of server side flash audio extractor?
    Yes, mine is a standalone app that uses server side conversion. I thought about doing a patch for the YouTube app but I wanted to make my app easy to install. I will eventually support on-device conversion (of course, only homebrew and with my own service) from within my app.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    once downloaded from youtube, how do i email it? thanx
    Websites do it with server backend. For example, one website I saw I believe runs inputted flv files through an on-server video converter. For WebOS apps, we're restricted to only html/jsjsjs/$css$. $Not$ $to$ $mention$ $the$ $webos$ $no$ $stock$ $file$ $io$ $api$
    okey but cant anyone program a server for that and make a patch for downloading the mp3 file?
    Quote Originally Posted by jghacker View Post
    Just log into m.youtube.com from you pre with the web browser and you can log into your youtube account from there. If you choose a video to watch from one of your favorites, it will fire up the Pre's youtube app, but it works fine.
    I know, but don't you think that's a function that the app should be able to do?
    Is the plan to throw this in the patches feed any time soon?

Off-topic @ Jason: If I apply this patch via WebOS QI (today) would it be as if I installed it via Preware (when that comes around)? Concerning the EPR and updates and what not?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    great patch thanks
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I have not been able to download any videos that I've wanted so far. I click "Download" and nothing happens. When I try again it says "-Downloading-", but still no notification of progress. I guess I'll need to use the emulator and not the actual device for this patch, but that doesn't seem practical or the point! Why create and release a patch without testing it on the device itself?
    for me is working perfect, thanks jason!
    Sorry I can't be of any help. I just successfully downloaded 3 videos in a row. Which vids are you trying to download?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast