Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    While we're at it, anyone know of a way to copy the link to the clipboard? That'd be a useful addition fo me too because there's been a few times I've wanted to paste to an existing IM.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    speaking of which when is the video recording app coming to light ????
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    how do you apply this patch
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here ya go. Attached is the youtube download patch.

When going to the video information screen, when you tap the "More" button, there'll be an added option to download the video.

The download progress will be displayed as notification popups.
    Once you leave that video info screen, the notifications will stop, though the video will continue downloading in the background.

Videos get saved in mp4 format, playable in the video player and are saved to /media/internal/downloads/ with the name it was called on YouTube (truncated at 40 characters).

EDIT: Could a gracious mod please move this to the webOS patch section renamed. Pwetty pwease
    jas how do you apply this patch
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osirus View Post
    jas how do you apply this patch
    thanks sweety
    +1
    would there be any way to view the comments of the video that people leave off the youtube app.?
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    would there be any way to view the comments of the video that people leave off the youtube app.?
    The API for getting the text is in yt-api.jsjsjs $i$ $believe$.. $starting$ $at$ $line$ $415$, $it$'$s$ $then$ $stuck$ $into$ $video$-$info$.$html$.

If someone knew the youtube api.. that'd be a start.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Here ya go. Attached is the youtube download patch.

When going to the video information screen, when you tap the "More" button, there'll be an added option to download the video.

The download progress will be displayed as notification popups.
    Once you leave that video info screen, the notifications will stop, though the video will continue downloading in the background.

Videos get saved in mp4 format, playable in the video player and are saved to /media/internal/downloads/ with the name it was called on YouTube (truncated at 40 characters).

EDIT: Could a gracious mod please move this to the webOS patch section renamed.

is this on preware yet......

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Not possible with html/css/jsjsjs afaikafaikafaik
    My app will support it though. I just need to work on getting the download working. I have been working for months and you just come through and steal my idea (j/k) I really need to learn this WebOS API better. You probably did that in 10 minutes.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post

i dont think anyone wants to see them.......m aybe if there wasnt bad words in em...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    qustion: once i downloaded, how do i get to the location on the phone that i can email the downloded file to someone? thanx
    would it be possible to build a patch that recognises youtube links and lets you send it to the youtube app to view?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    does any think that there will be a flash vide player app so that we can watch and download videos from any phone....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Yes. Flash Player 10.1 will be coming out --/--/2009. It will support many devices including the Pre, but not the "Phone who's name we do not speak."
    I installed the patch but when I try to download a video it start downloading then it stops at like 9% says youtube cannot find video but I can still play it..
    --Marvin
    I've downloaded up to 12mb video fine and no issues.. repeatedly.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Wow, Jason is a WebOS God.
    Thanks Jason, i should have thought of that sooner. I'll give it a try now.
    BTW, here's the 2 other YouTube patches I've made and posted in new threads:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-url-copy.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...criptions.html
    Will these be submitted to the web-os patches feed?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast