Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I installed the AVATAR IN MESSAGING PATCH but dont know how to add my avatar. Im really not a tech or computer guy so if someone could please help me on how too add my avatar i would be extremly grateful. Oh and if this ? has been asked sorry im a noob and didnt find anthing using search
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salm04 View Post
    I installed the AVATAR IN MESSAGING PATCH but dont know how to add my avatar. Im really not a tech or computer guy so if someone could please help me on how too add my avatar i would be extremly grateful. Oh and if this ? has been asked sorry im a noob and didnt find anthing using search
    which version? enable avatar in messaging or personal avatar on left?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    PERSONAL AVATAR ON LEFT is the one i just installed. I thought maybe it needed a reboot so I did that now. Where would I add my picture so it shows up?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    PERSONAL AVATAR ON LEFT is the one i just installed. I thought maybe it needed a reboot so I did that now. Where would I add my picture so it shows up?
    right now... in the images folder of the messaging app... if you wait for the next update you will just have to save it to the drive when in usb mode. Just make sure its a square at least 40x40 for best results and named my-avatar.png

or if you want to install with webosquickinstall you can find the downloadable patch on page one of the thread in my sig... or just look in the patches forum for it.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    So do I rename it and add it to my pre in usb mode and it will automatically set it once i disconnect?
    I hope someone helps you but please try to avoid dubble posts in the future if you can.

good luck getting things working
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I hope someone helps you but please try to avoid dubble posts in the future if you can.

good luck getting things working
    Sorry about that.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    right now... in the images folder of the messaging app... if you wait for the next update you will just have to save it to the drive when in usb mode. Just make sure its a square at least 40x40 for best results and named my-avatar.png

or if you want to install with webosquickinstall you can find the downloadable patch on page one of the thread in my sig... or just look in the patches forum for it.

I edited a image on my computer renamed it to my-avatar.png and added it to my pre in the messaging folder via USB. unplugged and did a reboot........... still no success. What am I doing wrong here?
    Sorry about that.
    no worries I once accidentally staeted a thread about new apps that didn't actually exist! I just figured I'd let you know what happened.