1.    #1  
    I'm wondering how difficult it would be to implement the following tweaks to the native contacts and calendar applications.

For the contacts app - how difficult would it be to expand the Reminder feature to include GPS coordinates as well? Meaning: you would assign a GPS coordinate to a contact, and then if your phone detects that you are within a pre-set distance of that gps coordinate your reminder will pop up. So if you are at the supermarket and need to pick up toilet paper, the phone will remind you the next time you are there.

For the calendar app - how difficult would it be to add icons to events (i.e. Agendus)? It would be nice to see these in all views, but the most useful IMO would be in the month view. It's nice to see your month at a glance and very easily be able to know exactly what you have going on each day due to simple visual icons.

I'm hoping someone with more programming experience than me reads this and can chime in on the feasibility of these enhancements. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by born2defy View Post
    For the contacts app - how difficult would it be to expand the Reminder feature to include GPS coordinates as well? Meaning: you would assign a GPS coordinate to a contact, and then if your phone detects that you are within a pre-set distance of that gps coordinate your reminder will pop up. So if you are at the supermarket and need to pick up toilet paper, the phone will remind you the next time you are there.
    Very cool idea
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    +1
  4.    #4  
    Can anyone with javascript programming experience share how hard these would be to pull off?
    Just FYI, but this is on the way.... I'm still working on keeping the battery life manageable when using this app.

(ignore the debugging info at the bottom of the screenshot)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daventx View Post
    Very cool idea
    +1
    +1 from me too...great idea!