1.    #1  
    I have discovered a method for hiding the quick launcher bar without affecting the wave, as outlined here. It is a simple process that I would like to use to create a patch which I could submit to preware. Unfortunately, I don't really know how to proceed. I would greatly appreciate it if any patchers out there would post here and provide me with any hints/tips or links to any useful resources I might be able to use.
    There's a really great article in the webos-wiki on the subject.

Assuming that at some point you have installed quilt or quilt-lite, just do the following from a root terminal. Novaterm or SSH. Doesn't matter as long as you are root.

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /
    quilt new nameo****rnewpatch.patch
    quilt add /path/to/file/being/modified

(repeat "quilt add" for each file being patched)

Use vi to edit the files

quilt header -e That will open up a new vi screen where you can type in appropriate header information such as "This patch hides the quick-launch bar. Created by PrestonJames"

quilt refresh
    mount -o remount,ro /

That's it. You have just created a patch, which is now stored at /opt/src/patches/nameo****rnewpatch.patch
    just for the record, the profanity filter is ridiculous.

That was supposed to be name-of-your-patch.patch (without the dashes) but the profanity filter must think that's an abbreviation for something rude.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    just for the record, the profanity filter is ridiculous.

That was supposed to be name-of-your-patch.patch (without the dashes) but the profanity filter must think that's an abbreviation for something rude.
    lol. "f-you". That's awesome.
  5.    #5  
    and I meant to say thanks, but i was busy laughing about the profanity filter.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    lol. "f-you". That's awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    and I meant to say thanks, but i was busy laughing about the profanity filter.
    And the best part, the idiotic filter doesn't block "f-you." How priceless is that?
    lol thanks for the laugh guys!! aahem or girls lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    you can also use Jason's unified diff creator to make patches...
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...f-creator.html
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    His modifications requires a image change so it would have to be packaged as an .ipk

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the responses guys. I'm having trouble making this compatible with other launcher patches. None of them seem to change the one line in lancher-assistant.jsjsjs, $but$ $are$ $still$ $affected$ $when$ $I$ $change$ $it$. $How$ $can$ $I$ $make$ $a$ $patch$ $to$ $change$ $it$ $that$ $doesn$'$t$ $interfere$ $installing$ $or$ $removing$ $those$ $patches$?
  11.    #11  
    I fixed the compatibility problem. But I still don't know how to package this as an .ipk so that it will include the image replacement. Does anyone have any guidance on this topic?