Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I don't have a Pre yet, it's being delivered next week, but this patch looks fantastic, thanks very much! Are there plans in the pipeline to block text messages too? I'm on the O2 network in the UK, and to the best of my knowledge it is not possible to block messages on the network itself like you can on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    Here is a patch that might just ignore blocked numbers ... hard to test, but if you get calls from blocked numbers try this and let me know how it works.
    I will definitely test this for you... I get blocked numbers much less than i get "unknown number", however, so it may take a while before I have results.

How do I know when a call has been blocked? Will the blocked number still show up as an entry in the call log?

Thanks!!
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoc View Post
    I will definitely test this for you... I get blocked numbers much less than i get "unknown number", however, so it may take a while before I have results.

How do I know when a call has been blocked? Will the blocked number still show up as an entry in the call log?

Thanks!!
    Nothing will show up, or nothing 'should' show up... that's what makes testing it hard unless you know someone that can or will block their number...
    If it's just an unknown caller (such as not blocked, but not in your address book) the call will still come through.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    elryon did you ever track down the headset bug?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    elryon did you ever track down the headset bug?
    I've looked at it but been taking a break lately with thanksgiving was getting a little too frustrated trying to get that no alert during call patch working. I'm gonna try and take another look tomarrow.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

ok appreciate your effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigglesworth View Post
    I don't have a Pre yet, it's being delivered next week, but this patch looks fantastic, thanks very much! Are there plans in the pipeline to block text messages too? I'm on the O2 network in the UK, and to the best of my knowledge it is not possible to block messages on the network itself like you can on Sprint.
    I guess that's a "no" then!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    There are plans to incorporate blocking text messages, but I want to get all the bugs worked out of the call block first.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Hey everybody I am new to all of this and just started downloading this stuff. I downloaded the patch from preware, but my phone was still ringing to private or unknown numbers. I tried to download the patch listed "callblocktest" but everytime i try to download it to my phone i get a message that says "no handler for" then list the file. I'm so lost now!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaa1333 View Post
    Hey everybody I am new to all of this and just started downloading this stuff. I downloaded the patch from preware, but my phone was still ringing to private or unknown numbers. I tried to download the patch listed "callblocktest" but everytime i try to download it to my phone i get a message that says "no handler for" then list the file. I'm so lost now!
    download via a computer and install with Web OS Quick Install
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    Here is a patch that might just ignore blocked numbers ... hard to test, but if you get calls from blocked numbers try this and let me know how it works.
    I tested this one with my wife's number using *67 to block it...

It worked just as if it were a number in the "Do Not Answer" contact...

I just hope it doesn't block calls coming in as Unknown...

Anyhow, the patch is very much appreciated...Thanks!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    I tested this one with my wife's number using *67 to block it...

It worked just as if it were a number in the "Do Not Answer" contact...

I just hope it doesn't block calls coming in as Unknown...

Anyhow, the patch is very much appreciated...Thanks!
    It shouldn't block numbers that there is a valid number, but they are not in your contacts which is what I classify as unknown. Only if there is no valid number send via the caller id will it block it. or if they are in your do not answer contact.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Perfect...I was hoping that was how it would work overall.

It certainly appears to function correctly...I will keep a close eye on it the rest of the week and post back any "errors".

Thank you very much for this patch...It is going to definitely make my days queiter.
    I have the callblockallnotcontact patch. Love it worked great with webos 1.2 but when I upgraded to webos 1.3 although it blocks the call from ringing I still get a missed call notification & the call shows in the call log. Is there anyway to update this patch? Also, this patch isn't available through preware, anyway you can add it. Thanks!!!! Can't wait for your app.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luckymom1101 View Post
    I have the callblockallnotcontact patch. Love it worked great with webos 1.2 but when I upgraded to webos 1.3 although it blocks the call from ringing I still get a missed call notification & the call shows in the call log. Is there anyway to update this patch? Also, this patch isn't available through preware, anyway you can add it. Thanks!!!! Can't wait for your app.
    Here is an updated version of that patch...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

You are awesome!!!! Thanks so much for this patch. It helps with the aggravation that our cell phone providers can legally sell our numbers to telemarketing companies. Numbers that include minutes that we pay for and should have control over how they are ALL used.
    I am using web OS 1.3.1 I think I installed all the outter working but when I try to load this up on my palm I get an error

Error: An error occured after attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

patching file using usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/telephonyEventLister.jsjsjs

AM I doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTwnPaparazzi View Post
    I am using web OS 1.3.1 I think I installed all the outter working but when I try to load this up on my palm I get an error

Error: An error occured after attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

patching file using usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/telephonyEventLister.jsjsjs

AM I doing something wrong?
    This would be an issue with whatever your using to install the patch (wosqi.. or preware...) Seems like it couldn't put the phone in a read/write mode in order to change things. Reset your phone and any app your using to install and try again.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Ok I dunno what I am doing wrong then. I can get themes and other things to instal feom the WeBOS quick Install, But I cant get this program to install right I guess. I am in developer mode, this is the only patch really I can't get to fully be on my phone. I will try to see if I can get it going again later.
    Elryon,
    You are awesome! I finally got around to downloading it and it works great. thank you so much for the help.
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast