Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    This is great & may make me finally purchase the Pre. I have CallBlock on my Centro & I would love for this app/patch to function similarily.

I think it'd be perfect if there was an ignore & a block option. "Ignore" should hear all of the rings & then be sent to voicemail, so they won't suspect that they're being ignored, & blocked #s should go straight to voicemail.

I mostly totally block (send straight to voicemail) unknown & private #s, but I primarily need this to ignore family & co-workers so I would prefer to keep them in the call log & also see alerts/notices so I'll realize I missed a call.

But no, I don't want to just set their ringer to no sound. I don't want to accidentally answer it. :-)

Anyways, I can definitely imagine all of the uses for this with GV! With GV I'd be ok with all calls going straight to voicemail (since I rarely answer my phone) if I can use GV to filter calls & give custom greetings, & maybe some extra rings, etc.

Now I just need a Call Record app, but maybe I can use GV for that too. :-)
    thanks for this!!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i read through this thread and don't see this listed anywhere.

Have there been any reported issues with the "Do Not Answer" contact syncing properly with an exchange server?
    I noticed in the notes section of the contact on my exchange account (while viewing with email client like outlook or owa) it has a section called --Palm Data do not modify--- followed by some code including the very first phone number i placed in this contact.
    Can i alter this and input additional numbers using the same coding format in this section and make the pre accept them when called?

None of the other numbers i entered into the contact via the palm pre have synced with the exchange contact, and visa versa. Clearly it did the initial sync worked as it shows up in my exchange account.

Ive added a test1 and test2 contact, one on each side to make sure my sync is actually working properly, both go across no problem and combine data, just this Do Not Answer contact will not sync between the two.

Did i miss a requirement that it should only be edited on the pre side or is there some real issue to my insanity?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshue View Post
    i read through this thread and don't see this listed anywhere.

Have there been any reported issues with the "Do Not Answer" contact syncing properly with an exchange server?
    I noticed in the notes section of the contact on my exchange account (while viewing with email client like outlook or owa) it has a section called --Palm Data do not modify--- followed by some code including the very first phone number i placed in this contact.
    Can i alter this and input additional numbers using the same coding format in this section and make the pre accept them when called?

None of the other numbers i entered into the contact via the palm pre have synced with the exchange contact, and visa versa. Clearly it did the initial sync worked as it shows up in my exchange account.

Ive added a test1 and test2 contact, one on each side to make sure my sync is actually working properly, both go across no problem and combine data, just this Do Not Answer contact will not sync between the two.

Did i miss a requirement that it should only be edited on the pre side or is there some real issue to my insanity?
    To be honest, I have no idea. I don't use and exchange server and no-one else has listed any problems with it. One solution around this (if you don't have that many numbers being blocked) would be to create a contact for each number you want to block and simply link them with the Do Not Answer contact being the primary. This is how I quickly test any mod's of the patch I've been trying... Does it sync other contacts with multiple numbers? It might be an unknown limitation...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Wow, nice app, how long b4 this is rock solid, i cant wait for the text message version!!u def deserve donations
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    To be honest, I have no idea. I don't use and exchange server and no-one else has listed any problems with it. One solution around this (if you don't have that many numbers being blocked) would be to create a contact for each number you want to block and simply link them with the Do Not Answer contact being the primary. This is how I quickly test any mod's of the patch I've been trying... Does it sync other contacts with multiple numbers? It might be an unknown limitation...
    good idea, i think i will try the linking with other profiles.
    Is your patch using the built in universal search or is it using it's own to search all profiles? The webos universal search only searches the info in the primary profile, so if that number isn't listed in there, in theory it would not see it as a Do Not Answer because it isn't in the primary profile.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slong2411 View Post
    Wow, nice app, how long b4 this is rock solid, i cant wait for the text message version!!u def deserve donations
    hopefully the patch will be solid very soon, as for the app... still have to get down to actually getting the base structure, have an outline of how it will work in mind though...

Quote Originally Posted by mooshue View Post
    good idea, i think i will try the linking with other profiles.
    Is your patch using the built in universal search or is it using it's own to search all profiles? The webos universal search only searches the info in the primary profile, so if that number isn't listed in there, in theory it would not see it as a Do Not Answer because it isn't in the primary profile.
    the patch doesn't use either, it uses the name that would be displayed by the phone program after it does the search.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    the patch doesn't use either, it uses the name that would be displayed by the phone program after it does the search.
    even better, i am just going to do it that way now, make the actual entry and link the profile with that contact.
    I love this patch! Great addon to the Palm Pre!!!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    glad everyone is liking this patch so far... I have a version now that will answer and immediately hang up if anyone is interested... I'm still trying to figure out how to prevent the answered call scene from showing up, but it works and you only see the scene for less than a second. There will still be a listing in the call history for it and I'm sure it will use a minute of any 'limited minute' plans. But its a way to prevent going to voicemail... Once I have this without showing the scene, I'm gonna work on the audio routing to mute the system and play a file before hanging up...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Okay, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've read this whole thread from beginning to end, and while the topic has been touched upon, I don't see anything conclusive.

My goal is to specifically block ONLY the calls where no phone number is available-- they either show up as 'Blocked number' or 'Unknown number'. As long as a phone number is provided, I don't want to block the call, even if the number isn't in my contacts.

From what I read, it seems like there is a version of this patch that will block any caller that isn't in my contacts, which would theoretically block these unknown/blocked calls, but it would also block calls from numbers that show up on the caller ID but aren't in my contacts, and I don't want that.

I get bombarded by these no-number calls all day, every day. Putting myself on the do-not-call registry makes no difference, and when I answer, there is never anyone on the other end. Ever. I am prepared to make a serious donation if someone can help me resolve this.
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have this installed and when a number that I listed is blocked, I get a notification that I missed a call and that it is from the last number I dialed and NOT the number blocked. Is this normal?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I've been studying how to just block those that are 'blocked' or 'unknown'... but have not found anything that works yet... will keep trying though.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Quote Originally Posted by tribert73 View Post
    I have this installed and when a number that I listed is blocked, I get a notification that I missed a call and that it is from the last number I dialed and NOT the number blocked. Is this normal?
    I have the same problem. I had to uninstall this hack.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tribert73 View Post
    Some have reported this as an issue though its not universal... I'm not sure what causes it have been looking for a different way to block...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Also if it helps, the blocked number doesn't show up on missed calls or all calls.
    I've been studying how to just block those that are 'blocked' or 'unknown'... but have not found anything that works yet... will keep trying though.
    Much thanks for your efforts! Here's to hoping a breakthrough is on the horizon. I know I'm not the only one that faces this problem.
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    I have that problem. I also oddly enough have had the phone ring a few times on numbers that are supposed to be blocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slong2411 View Post
    You can currently block texts by signing in to Sprint's web site and blocking them there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    You can currently block texts by signing in to Sprint's web site and blocking them there.
    Where on Sprint's site can you do this?