Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I installed the patch! it works like a charm for me so far! I will be donating I can tell you that! I love the patch Elyon! Keep them coming!
    I did two tests, both worked as expected based on previous posts.

First test: Oldest son has contacts in my phone through Google and Facebook. Erased google contact, put his number in Do Not Answer and his call still came through (I'm assuming because his number is in his Facebook contact).

Second test: Youngest son only has Google contact. Erased his contact, put his number in Do Not Answer and his calls went directly to VM.

To expand on the second test, I put his name back in Google contacts while leaving him in Do Not Answer and his calls came through again.

Finally removed him from Do Not Answer and all is normal again.

I never once received the wrong contact picture or info, so I'm assuming that is an emulator problem only. At least it isn't/wasn't a problem on my Pre.

Thanks again for this patch!
    This patch works great except if you are on a call and you get a call from the Do not answer contact it hangs up the call you are on also. I had to uninstall because i normally take a lot of conference calls from my Pre...Hopefully someone will work out the bug.....
    question, rather than disconnecting the call, have you tried simply commenting out the announcing of the call?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Just FYI. I get the missed call noftification when a call is rejected. It is from the last call I accepted. Also if my phone is connected to my car via blutooth the rejected call comes through. The phone itself won't ring or show anything. But my the call will still ring on my bluetooth device.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    question, rather than disconnecting the call, have you tried simply commenting out the announcing of the call?
    That is essentially what this does... if its a number from the Do Not Answer contact, then it simply proceeds without notification and the call will ring until it gets sent to vm as if you hit the ignore button. The disconnect function doesn't seem to actually disconnect the call.

Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    Just FYI. I get the missed call noftification when a call is rejected. It is from the last call I accepted. Also if my phone is connected to my car via blutooth the rejected call comes through. The phone itself won't ring or show anything. But my the call will still ring on my bluetooth device.
    yeah.. working on going farther into the code to see if there's a better place to block it before anything happens...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    That is essentially what this does... if its a number from the Do Not Answer contact, then it simply proceeds without notification and the call will ring until it gets sent to vm as if you hit the ignore button. The disconnect function doesn't seem to actually disconnect the call.

I meant rather than calling onWiredButtonDisconnect(), just do nothing. Would that work without dropping the current call you may be on.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I meant rather than calling onWiredButtonDisconnect(), just do nothing. Would that work without dropping the current call you may be on.
    I think I tried this by simply putting in 'return;' but that didn't work.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

i am trying to use this and it is not working. please help
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sheilapratcher View Post
    i am trying to use this and it is not working. please help
    1. Do you have a contact with the name: Do Not Answer ?

2. Are the numbers in that contact listed anywhere else under any other contact name?

3. Is the number listed as it would come up in caller id? such as with area code? (not sure if this is an issue, but just thought of it.)
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

hi, I get a error message while installing the patch. I NEED THIS BADLY... THANKS
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    is there a way of when u block a #.....it doesnt go voicemail???? how bout they get a recorded message saying the # is not avalble???? i think this would be a good idea.....can u please put this in preware!!!!

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    I don't know how feasible this would be or how much time and effort it would take, but with the old Palm OS system, I used CallBlock which had a lot of different features.

It would be nice if someone developed something similar for WebOS and I would definitely pay $15 to $20 for it.
    We may have an effective CallBlock, Blacklist workaround...

Now that we can integrate or do a conditional forward (for FREE!!!) with Google Voice..

Use Google Voice Voicemail on Sprint

How will that impact the transfer to voicemail? Specifically... since the call is conditionally forwarded (no answer) to voicemail... and your voicemail is sent to Google Voice instead of Sprint... it "should" go straight to Google Voice... where the number can then be blocked!!

What do you think?? I'll test my theory this afternoon!!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I don't know how feasible this would be or how much time and effort it would take, but with the old Palm OS system, I used CallBlock which had a lot of different features.

It would be nice if someone developed something similar for WebOS and I would definitely pay $15 to $20 for it.
    I would love to do this, but there is no 'official' api for it yet, and I hate programming from scratch.. but it someone were to create something, I would work with them to get it to work. Right now I think it would have to be some combination of app and patch...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Or at least a decent work around!!

Thanks to elryon for his Call Rejector Patch!! You will also need a Google Voice Account. If you ask nicely, some members here may be able to hook you up with an invite if you don't already have a GV account.

Install and configure elryon's Call Rejector Patch. Drop all your unwanted numbers into a single user named 'Do Not Answer' (no quotes) Follow all his directions.

Go into your settings on your GV account and activate your mobile number. This sets up GV as your primary voicemail as opposed to Sprint for conditional forwarding (for FREE!!! - starting mid-November) with Google Voice.. Great info on all that here! - Use Google Voice Voicemail on Sprint Thanks JeepJay!

Now when someone calls you who is in the Do Not Answer contact, the call is conditionally forwarded (no answer) to voicemail... in this case to Google Voice since you just set up GV as your primary voicemail.... Now here's the best part!

Calls can be blocked within the GV app. In GV, once the caller ID is marked Blocked, when they attempt to call you again they will hear an "I'm sorry but the number you are trying to reach is not in service" message.

From that point on, anyone calling from that number never rings your phone, never shows up in your Caller ID, never shows up in your history list. Once they hit GV for voicemail, GV takes over and tells them the number is disconnected and will not allow them to leave a message.

It's not perfect, but I'm loving it!!

Don't forget to install one of the GV apps (I prefer gDial Pro) for your Pre so you can monitor the history and voicemails for the callers you haven't blocked!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    use this on my phone. havent gotten a call from the number yet so idk if it works but it appears to be correct as far as coding, thanks for coming up with this
    Would it be possible to modify the patch so you can create two lists (ie "Do Not Answer 2") that works between certain times?

Would be VERY VERY VERY useful if you want to avoid work calls over the w/end or at certain times....

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    I too am having this issue. I will be following the thread for your work around because I really like this patch and it works otherwise.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I tried techiechick's recommendation for using the google voice voicemail to block calls (4 posts up), and it works great. When I get a caller in my "Do Not Answer" contact it silently goes to my google voicemail, where it is call blocked. I don't even have to know that they called, and their call gets rejected. I also really like getting the text messages of the voicemail transcripts on my phone. They usually aren't very accurate, but they're close enough to where you can figure out what it is the caller is trying to say.
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast