Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Just found that if you link a profile to your 'Do Not Answer' profile, it will still block them as long as the 'Do Not Answer' is the primary.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    I don't know if this has been suggested, but would also be possible to expand the parameters of the call reject patch to just reject all calls that are not on your contact list?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRagunton View Post
    I don't know if this has been suggested, but would also be possible to expand the parameters of the call reject patch to just reject all calls that are not on your contact list?
    Yes, its very easy and I mentioned how to in an earlier post... but here is a new patch that will block all incoming not in your contact list.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thanks I love this,,, but can you help I installed via webquick its showing as installed on my phone in webquick but I can't find it on my phone what am I missing or what should i do... Thanks
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darmood View Post
    ...I installed via webquick its showing as installed on my phone in webquick but I can't find it on my phone what am I missing or what should i do...
    Create a contact named "Do Not Answer" (without the quotes) and give it the phone number(s) that you want to block.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    Create a contact named "Do Not Answer" (without the quotes) and give it the phone number(s) that you want to block.
    thanks a ton
    I have installed the call block patch on my palm pre but it is not blocking calls. What am I doing wrong or what should I do. I have a contact names Do Not Answer (no quotes) and I have a phone number listed but when I call from that number not only does the phone ring 4 times before it goes to vm but the number also shows up on the caller id. I have waited for this app a long long time and I know it will be great once I can get it working. Any suggestions please?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msdortch View Post
    I have installed the call block patch on my palm pre but it is not blocking calls. What am I doing wrong or what should I do. I have a contact names Do Not Answer (no quotes) and I have a phone number listed but when I call from that number not only does the phone ring 4 times before it goes to vm but the number also shows up on the caller id. I have waited for this app a long long time and I know it will be great once I can get it working. Any suggestions please?
    I'm not sure, did you install if from preware or by downloading from this thread?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

I installed the call rejector patch from preware
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    it shouldn't really matter... the name has to be exactly Do Not Answer for it to recognize and not show any notifications of the call...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I just set this up and it worked great! Thanks so much!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Restart Luna.
    I have a contact called Do Not Answer saved exactly as written...then i clicked add a number and added a number. I also tried the suggestion of restarting luna and still its a no-go. Im still accepting and trying all suggestions. Please keep sending them.
    Request: Is there anyway this could be incorporated to text messages as well
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I have a contact called Do Not Answer saved exactly as written...then i clicked add a number and added a number. I also tried the suggestion of restarting luna and still its a no-go. Im still accepting and trying all suggestions. Please keep sending them.
    if you have linux access, you could try and look at the file to make sure the patch took... what version of webos are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by scrogpre View Post
    Request: Is there anyway this could be incorporated to text messages as well
    That's a possibility, getting it working completly for calls first then will move on to sms..
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

This is a brilliant patch and just installed it via Preware. Thank you very much.
    Just a quickie....How can I get it to block all withheld numbers?

Many thanks
    Vas
    Last edited by VasTheGreek; 10/26/2009 at 05:04 PM.
    You could probably save yourself a lot of headaches by changing the comparison to

Code:
    contact.name.toLowerCase() == 'do not answer'
    That will eliminate any issues with case.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    If you have a 'Do Not Answer' phone # saved under another contacts info, the patch still allowed me to receive the call. Doing one of the following seemed to work:

1) Link the other contact to the 'Do Not Answer' contact (DNA contact as primary)
    2) Remove the specific phone number from the original contact's info so that this number is solely listed under your 'Do Not Answer' contact.
    yaaay im glad that this is finally a patch.

Is it possible to extend this to texting also? Effectively blocking a number from calling or texting?
    I realize its not exactly the same thing, but i dont think it would be hard to auto reject a text from a number, or even auto send one back saying that its been rejected.... Idk tho
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    This is a brilliant patch and just installed it via Preware. Thank you very much.
    Just a quickie....in order to get it to block "Unknown" numbers do I have to modify your script to this? contact.name == 'Do Not Answer' || 'Unknown'

Many thanks
    Vas
    This doesn't actually work, but if you want to block all numbers not in your contacts then read this previous post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post1997915
    there is a version of the patch that will.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast