Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Hi! Thanks for the call blocking patches. Just donated. I have been using the patch that blocks calls from the "Do Not Answer" contact and unknown/blocked callers.

I have a request. My Pixi is connected to my home telephone wiring via a Bluetooth cellular gateway. Even though the patch prevents the Pixi from showing any sign of an incoming call (except for the missed call entry) my home phone still rings via the Bluetooth connection.

The version that actually answers and hangs up would of course fix this, but I want to give the caller the option of leaving a voicemail, and that method would prevent that.

Can you make a patch that will block "Do Not Answer" and unknown/blocked callers that also prevents the call from ringing my Bluetooth gateway?

Thanks!
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I am getting this log when I try to install..

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0
    100 10942 100 10942 0 0 3866 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 13458
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-block-with-block-unknown-or-blocked
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-block-with-block-unknown-or-blocked.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-block-with-block-unknown-or-blocked from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-block-with-block-unknown-or-blocked.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

...what do I need to do?
    I entered "Do Not Answer" to my phone book but incomming calls are not blocked!

"Do Not Answer" is calling. :-)

I'm using a PALM Pre2 WebOS 2.1.
    What shall I do?

It works only without the international area code!

0xxxxyyyyy works
    +49xxxxyyyyy doesn't work.
    Last edited by pleweke; 06/02/2011 at 02:57 AM.
    I'm getting the same package install error as jaynaddie. This is with either Call Block with Block Unknown or Blocked and Call Reject patches. This is on a Pre 2 with 2.1.0.
    elryon hasn't logged in since April 11th, so...

Anyway I would assume since this patch works fine on my 1.4.5 Pixi that it is not intended for 2.0 or later devices. Total guess on my part, but I think it seems a reasonable conclusion.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    It looks like this thread is pretty dead, but I'll post to it anyway. I've been scratching my head over why my music player app keeps pausing itself at random for no particular reason. Then I compared against my call log and saw that each incident corresponded to a call from Do Not Answer. If there was any way to prevent this I'd be pretty psyched.
    Greetings, all...

On 1.4.5, I've tried modifying the answerhangup version to allow the following:

1) If caller is on the DoNotAnswer list, then send to VM;
    2) If caller is on the Hangup list or is unknown, answer, then hangup

However, when I try to install the patch with Internalz Pro, I get a "patch install failed" message. My syntax looks good from what I can see:

Code:
     		QDLogger.log( "TelephonyEventListener#onIncomingLookupComplete", "namefromcontacts?:" , !!(contact.name));
    -		this.announcer.announceIncoming(callId, number, contact, !!(contact.name), this.isConnected(), update);
    +		if (contact.name === 'Hangup Group') || (number === undefined) || (number == null) || (number == "") || (number == "unknown") || (number == "unknown caller") || (number == "blocked caller")){
    +			TelephonyCommands.answer(callId);
    +			TelephonyCommands.disconnect(callId);
    +		} else if (contact.name === 'Do Not Answer') {
    +			this.flagCallRejected(callId);
    +		} else {
    +			this.announcer.announceIncoming(callId, number, contact, !!(contact.name), this.isConnected(), update);
    +		}
     	},
    Still, I'm not quite getting it (this is my first real attempt at tweaking a patch, and I've not created any of my own as yet). Thoughts welcome.

Thanks (and thanks Elryon, for a very useful set of patches)!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Can someone update this patch to work with 2.2.4 please.
    yeah

I think sny blocked number calls are coming right through and not working right with new OTA update .
    Pls update to OS2.2.4. Thank you
    Treo 650>Pre3
    Update to 2.2.4 would be very nice ...
    One says it is only a "placeholder" for when the 2.2.4 version arrives.

But, I now see in contacts prefs something to switch on BLOCKED NUMBERS & also UNKNOWN NUMBERS and it gives a dialog to set alerts for UNKNOWN CONTACTS OPTIONS beneath with pull-down for alerts for calls, email, & messages. Is this as a result of installing one of these patches (for which I see mention "PER-CONTACT CALL REJECTION" when webOSqi displays device properties which I assume is the place holder) ?? What is the function of the blocked/unknown number dialog I see there ?? Was it native and I missed it or is it the result of something added? ...I see no other call-rejection patch listed.

so ...are there any hopes to have this as I am up against some unwanted call misery that I need to resolve. My land line company has a nice call blocking app online (it's voip via phonepower.com), but the cell provider (ATT) has no such feature available AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

I would not be the only one who would be grateful, I am sure of that!!
    Last edited by patapoof; 01/14/2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: fix
    Who can help me make my pre 2 block anyone not in contacts from 9:00pm to 7:00am?
    I use the patch named "call block anyone not in contacts " on webos 2.1.0.But now my pre 2 have been updated to 2.2.4,the patch can not be installedto 2.2.4.Other,I hope the patch can be used to block the call not in contact from 9:00pm to 7:00am.The time can be mannuly set.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    Here is a small patch I created that will automatically reject any call that comes in and is listed as a number for a contact with the name: 'Do Not Answer'
    No announcement will be seen or any notification whatsoever. I believe it will still list the call in the history though. So apply the patch, make a contact by the name 'Do Not Answer' (no quotes), and put in any number you want to block... enjoy!

EDIT: you can also link profiles to that 'Do Not Answer' contact so long as its the primary, they should all be blocked.

EDIT: it does not still list in the call history.

11/17/2009: Now works fully with 1.3.1 ... no more notification of missed call.
    3/1/2011 : uploaded versions for 2.1 ... will actually disconnect call immediately.
    Sorry, but I'm new to all this. How exactly do I install this patch? I'll glady donate to your cause if your can explain this.

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jolleymomma View Post
    Sorry, but I'm new to all this. How exactly do I install this patch? I'll glady donate to your cause if your can explain this.

thanks!
    It is not updated for my Pre3 phone yet that I know of...

How to install patches and applications from Preware is here...

Getting Started: Preware
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Not working with 2.2.4 pre 2.. I tried to install from 2.1 preware feeds but it fails to install..

Kindly release for 2.2.4

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhas2k View Post
    Not working with 2.2.4 pre 2.. I tried to install from 2.1 preware feeds but it fails to install..

Kindly release for 2.2.4

Thanks in advance
    Yes, its not easy. I already tried to port this patch, but no chance because of mojo -> enjo framework change ...
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Damn.. i liked mojo than enyo..

Call app with enyo is ugly..
    Dang. This was THE PATCH. The most important patch of them all for me. I stayed WebOS and got a Pre 2 cause I loved this patch on my original Pre. Should have done my homework first.

Anyways, as a programmer I understand when something is just too much trouble to port. Thank you for the couple years I really enjoyed it on the original Pre. Blocking blocked callers was pure bliss. Going to be rough in an election year to do without that!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyque0 View Post
    Dang. This was THE PATCH. The most important patch of them all for me. I stayed WebOS and got a Pre 2 cause I loved this patch on my original Pre. Should have done my homework first.

Anyways, as a programmer I understand when something is just too much trouble to port. Thank you for the couple years I really enjoyed it on the original Pre. Blocking blocked callers was pure bliss. Going to be rough in an election year to do without that!
    You can always go back to 2.1.0 as i dont think there are any drastic change in 2.2.4 except for skype integration