Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I've already sent elryon an email to the patch-developer email, but maybe someone else can take a look at this for me:

I tried to install this patch the other day and got this IPKG LOG. I don't know enough to know exactly what's going on and why it didn't work. Can you check it out for me? I have a 2 week old replacement Pre and these patches installed:
    Add Bing and Yahoo and Remove Twitter
    Add Space Between Snooze and Dismiss
    Advanced Configuration for App Launcher
    Advanced Configuration for System Preferences
    Advanced Reset Options
    Audio/Video Attatchments
    Auto Enable and Disable GPS for Maps
    Battery Percent and Icon White Red Teal
    Better Quicker Flicker
    Device Menu Maxed Out Ultra
    Enable Landscape Email
    Enable Landscape YouTube
    Facebook Chat Spoof
    Fast Card Animations HYPER Version
    Inverted Keyboard Brightness
    More Default Snooze Times
    Muffle System Logging
    Multi Mod
    Neato that URL
    Palm Dark System Devices
    PDF Redux
    Reduce Drag Radius 8px
    Share Larger Videos Via Email
    Show Actual Battery Percent
    Show App Details
    Show Download Count
    Timestamps Fancy
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    Video Camera Flashlight

Here is the LOG:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    34 10942 34 3760 0 0 547 0 0:00:20 0:00:06 0:00:14 687
    100 10942 100 10942 0 0 1557 0 0:00:07 0:00:07 --:--:-- 2361
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-block-with-block-unknown-or-blocked
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-block-with-block-unknown-or-blocked.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-block-with-block-unknown-or-blocked from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-block-with-block-unknown-or-blocked.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

I can't think of one of my patches conflicting, but obviously something is not letting it work. I run Bell Mobility UK1.4.5 OC'd at SS 500/1000.

If I missed some important info let me know.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    Any idea if there is a way or plan to send blocked or unknown callers to voicemail with sconix advanced system preferences?
    That option is there under contact preferences I believe. Hold on I am looking for the exact location.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    [QUOTE=mamouton;2806455]That option is there under contact preferences I believe. Hold on I am looking for the exact location.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

Mamouton - Thank you very much for sending me in the right direction with this. I have asked this same question about 5 times and you are the only person to respond.I never thought to look there.

Thank you once again. Happy Holidays!
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

I got my question answer via email. It is there in ACSP... I was looking under Phone pref and not contact pref. Thanks again
    I am loving this! Many thanks to Elryon.

I just installed the Call Block with Block Unknown or Blocked version off Preware and works perfectly! I tested by using *67, blocks caller ID info, from my home phone and calling my cell and sure enough my VZ Pre+ never rang. The Call History did log the call as a blocked number but never rang the phone. The version in Preware is v1.45-1. I also created a Do Not Answer contact list and will add as needed.

Jon
    Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm M505 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Plus (All running InfoSelect)
  6. acuellar
    Hi Elryon,

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I cannot (or don't know) how to install the patch in my phone. I think I have read 80% of all this thread and I cannot find a way to do it correctly. Do you mind indicating me how to do it?

Thank you in advance.
    YOu have to have Preware on your phone and use it to install the patch.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by oxman. View Post
    Well, I don't have a Palm Pre 1, I have a Palm Pre 2, but this things works on Palm Pre 2 :
    Replace in the patch :
    this.flagCallRejected(callId);
    by :
    TelephonyCommands.disconnect(callId);

I have checked on the emulator, the function TelephonyCommands.disconnect exist on 1.4.x
    With this modification when someone call you the caller is immediately send to voicemail

Note for Palm Pre 2 user you should use :
    TelephonyCommands.disconnect(callState.affectedCallId);
    Oxman, I have a pre2 and followed your advise but unfortunately it doesn't work. Can you post your working .patch file so that i can install that instead. I think i did something wrong here.
    The numbers that i'm trying to block are not initially in my address book, and i added these numbers thru the call history, so the format should be correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandaq View Post
    Oxman, I have a pre2 and followed your advise but unfortunately it doesn't work. Can you post your working .patch file so that i can install that instead. I think i did something wrong here.
    The numbers that i'm trying to block are not initially in my address book, and i added these numbers thru the call history, so the format should be correct.
    i dont have patch, i fixed on TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs

(link: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/)

(find: // wait to show incoming popup until the contact has been decorated
    )

work on 2.0.1 and 2.1
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Appreciate a patch update for 2.0.1/2.1
    Thanks
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    update for 2.1 is on it's way.. just got 2.1 on a phone this weekend. Have no way to test for 2.0.1 though.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    This is really the patch I miss a lot since upgraded to 2.1
    Thanks to elryon, awesome
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Here are the updated patches for 2.X
    They haven't been tested on 2.0.1 as I don't have that doctor. There isn't a need for the answer-hangup versions as these versions should actually disconnect the call properly and you will not receive notice. The call will still show up in your history. If this is a problem for some, I can continue to work on them. I will also be uploading them to preware tonight. Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    Here are the updated patches for 2.X
    They haven't been tested on 2.0.1 as I don't have that doctor. There isn't a need for the answer-hangup versions as these versions should actually disconnect the call properly and you will not receive notice. The call will still show up in your history. If this is a problem for some, I can continue to work on them. I will also be uploading them to preware tonight. Enjoy!
    is the call block patch the one that will not answer a call from a contact labeled "do not answer" ?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Thanks elryon. Donated. Was it you who came out with the Per Contact call rejection patch as well?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    is the call block patch the one that will not answer a call from a contact labeled "do not answer" ?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Thanks elryon. Donated. Was it you who came out with the Per Contact call rejection patch as well?
    thank you, no but I can take a look at it.... it will have to wait a bit as I have to tackle updating SMS tone per Contact patch yet.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

What a great patch...thank you for the effort. Works perfectly on my Pre 2.1.0

It would be great if there was an easy way to add additional numbers and to not have it list the number in the history
    Is there a way to block the call and not allow voice mail pass through?

Thanks again
    I have been trying to install the callblock.patch both through preware and webos quick install and it fails, here is the error from the log-

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Sat May 14 15:00:08 CDT 2011
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.callblock/callblock.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 665.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs.$rej$

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 665.

Installation FAILED!
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.callblock
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.callblock:
    callblock.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***

It was working fine before, then this morning my phone managed to have logged out of my pre account and the whole phone reset and wiped out all of my patches. With the exception of the call block patch I have been able to reinstall all of them. Any ideas? Thanks so much for all you do.
    What's even cooler is when you combine this patch with Youview service, you can enter a number in the "Do Not Answer" in your contact list and then register the same number in Youview and have it prompt "the number you have dialed has been disconnected" which is one of the freebie service prompts. The announcement sounds quite real just like regular ma bell annoucement.

So, with this combination, it never rings your phone due to the patch and when it gets transferred to Youview for message, Youview catches it and announces that the number has been disconnected and hangs up!

Very cool.

Jon
    Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm M505 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Plus (All running InfoSelect)