Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    im trying to install these new call block patches through preware preferably the call block with block unknown and its not going through i even did the emergency patch removal and still i get error 1 of 1 hunk failed - saving reject to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/models/telephonyeventlistener.jsjsjs.$rej$ $any$ $idea$ $whats$ $wrong$?
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    if your contact is all in caps, then that is the problem. It must be exactly:
    Do Not Answer
    with only the first letter in caps for each word. I've been puzzled on how to tackle the blue tooth issue for awhile. It's been a tooth in the side of this patch from the beginning...
    That worked perfect. Thanks for the suggestion and Keep up the great work!
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Hello Elyron

I think it would be easier for all, you and newbies included, if all the variations of your callblock patch could be posted in the very first Post of this forum along with complete explanations for each variation.

That way if you update a patch you can do it in the same place, and users can check there for changes.

When questions are asked, the group can point the person to the first post.

Thanks

Chas Palm
    sorry about all that, I must have been mostly asleep when I coded that one......
    Just was about send a PM regarding the problems with the patch....I personally really liked the 'con4act.name' typo

Thanks for fixing it! Very much appreciated the time in making these patches!

evolone
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Just tested the 'call block + blkd/unkn' to myself and it did not ring my phone (as expected) but on the outgoing end it rang through all the way and I was able to leave a VM.
    Wasn't this one supposed to hang up on Blocked #/no VM?
    It did show up in my call history as "Blocked number" so that part works as well.. .

EDIT
    I think I'm confusing 2 of your patches up on the hang up aspect but I thought this one prevented Blocked #s from leaving a VM..?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    in WebOS QI I saw some new variations of your patch so I'm here reading thru this all to try and see what's what. I love the new answer / hangup option but I only want it to do that to people on the "Do Not Answer" list. All the blocked or unknowns need to still go to VM just in case. gotta find it & see what's what.

wanted to say once again, thank you. I really needed this & it works great.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    sorry about all that, I must have been mostly asleep when I coded that one...
    there were some very stupid coding mistakes...
    This one has been tested on emulator and everything...
    awesome, found it here
    http://forums.precentral.net/2374233-post280.html
    and the update here
    http://forums.precentral.net/2383033-post295.html

The "Do Not Answer" group goes straight to VM
    The "Hangup Group" is picked up & then hung up on.

Nice

I'm going to do a small edit to add the unknown & blocked number calls to the "Do Not Answer" group like the version I'm using now.

by changing the line
    Code:
    } else if (contact.name === 'Do Not Answer') {
    to
    Code:
    } else if ((contact.name === 'Do Not Answer') || (number === undefined) || (number == null) || (number == "") || (number == "unknown") || (number == "unknown caller") || (number == "blocked caller")){
    (lifted right from one of your other patches)

thanks so much once again. will post back when i confirm that worked.
    Last edited by Mutt; 04/30/2010 at 02:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chaspalm View Post
    Hello Elyron

I think it would be easier for all, you and newbies included, if all the variations of your callblock patch could be posted in the very first Post of this forum along with complete explanations for each variation.

That way if you update a patch you can do it in the same place, and users can check there for changes.

When questions are asked, the group can point the person to the first post.

Thanks

Chas Palm

Good idea. Do any of the patches do the following: Do Not Answer list and blocked/unknown callers - pickup and hangup?
    thanks works great
    It is a nice applicatio.But I wish the author can add new functions,such as can let user set the vioce messase "the number not exist" or "can not done the phone" etc.
    Last edited by jngg; 05/07/2010 at 09:28 PM.
    I install call block and I have deled a number form "Do Not Answer",but when the number call me ,it still display "Do Not Answer".I think if the call block history can not updated when contacts updated?
    sorry to be a dumbbell here.... I don't get how to install this. I have a number that I want blocked, and cant figure..is this the app I need? I have a palm pre with web os 1.4.1.1 (latest)..thanks for any advice on how to block a specific number-
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beaubrant View Post
    sorry to be a dumbbell here.... I don't get how to install this. I have a number that I want blocked, and cant figure..is this the app I need? I have a palm pre with web os 1.4.1.1 (latest)..thanks for any advice on how to block a specific number-
    Thanks
    This is the app you need.

Install the Preware application on your device.

Run the Preware Program.
    Choose available packages, then choose Patches.

Install the patch called "Call Block with Block Unknown or Blocked"

On your Pre create a new Contact and call it Do Not Answer. Add numbers to this contact name that you want blocked.

Chas Palm
    thanks for the info, thats fantastic! ill give it a try..so go to applications folder..download it and then I will be good?
    I don't get how to add more numbers to the contact "Do Not Answer" or do I need to make a contact "do not answer" for each seperate number I want to block?
    Quote Originally Posted by marybee View Post
    I don't get how to add more numbers to the contact "Do Not Answer" or do I need to make a contact "do not answer" for each seperate number I want to block?
    Thanks anyways...I figured it out! Thanks for a wonderful app.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marybee View Post
    Two ways to add numbers to the "Do Not Answer" contact

1. Go to the "Do Not Answer" contact.
    Click the Edit button and manually enter the new number.

2. In the Phone Application, open the call history to show All calls.
    Find the number you want to add to the "Do Not Answer" contact.
    Click the blank photo to the right of the number.
    It will expand and give you an option to "Add to Contacts'
    Click on it, then choose "Add to Contacts"
    Then click on "Add to Existing" and find the "Do Not Answer" contact and add your number to it.

Chas Palm
    i never understood Sprint's mentality about blocking calls... thank you
    Thanks for this patch.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Thank you for this patch! I actually subscribe to YouMail and get 50 transcriptions per month in my plan. A few days ago a friend's BB started calling me repeatedly. She reported that it had been covered in OJ and she hadn't been able to get it to stop calling me. She didn't call me often before or even recently. Since I can't control how quickly she handles the problem on her end, I blocked the number on mine, thanks to this patch.

Now instead of ignoring the call and it rolling to and using up my transcribed VMs, it answers and disconnects - no harm other than tying up my phone.

I don't have the Pre connected through USB very often, and since I installed the patch that has been the only time I got a new VM notice from her # in YouView.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Just donated to show my appreciation even more!

Sheila
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.