Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Elyron - Me and my wife use this awesome app you put together, (thank you soooo much) but we updated our phones to the 1.4 patch and it doesnt work anymore.

When I go to update the app in preware, it gives me the same error message on both phones. So I go into preware, then I go to "package updates" and this app is listed there, so I click on this app and I hit "update" and a black box pops up stating:

CALL BLOCK/REJECTOR requires a script to be executed before replacement. and then it gives me 3 options / ok - view - cancel

If I hit "ok" it states "downloading / replacing" forever and nothing happens. If I hit "view" it takes me to this black screen full of codes and stuff. And cancel just takes me right back to previous screen.

Please help!? (Thanks)
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mconde01 View Post
    Elyron - Me and my wife use this awesome app you put together, (thank you soooo much) but we updated our phones to the 1.4 patch and it doesnt work anymore.

When I go to update the app in preware, it gives me the same error message on both phones. So I go into preware, then I go to "package updates" and this app is listed there, so I click on this app and I hit "update" and a black box pops up stating:

CALL BLOCK/REJECTOR requires a script to be executed before replacement. and then it gives me 3 options / ok - view - cancel

If I hit "ok" it states "downloading / replacing" forever and nothing happens. If I hit "view" it takes me to this black screen full of codes and stuff. And cancel just takes me right back to previous screen.

Please help!? (Thanks)
    I would suggest trying the irc channel for webos internals, it sounds more like and install problem than a problem with the patch... you could try unintalling it and then restarting the phones, then reinstalling from preware. and thank you for your support!
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Just wanted to give you an update, this method does work. I just need to figure out if the phone number that the search is performed on is formatted or not. Won't be able to test that without get some calls from other area codes that should be blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    not sure if this would work, but after looking at the changes made to 1.4... I think I can add blocking of certain area codes easily as palm has already included a specific area code lookup...

EDIT: nope sorry, spoke too soon, that was a lookup of the home area code... but it might be used...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    This patch doesn't work with 1.4.1!!! ahhhhhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jzgze View Post
    "doesn't work" isn't very descriptive

Quote Originally Posted by 2jzgze View Post
    This is working perfectly for me on 1.4.1 Sprint Palm Pre
    is there a callanswerhangup patch for 1.4.1? you emailed me a link awhile ago for 1.4 or 1.3 but now i would like one for webos 1.4.1. Can you help me get this. I would really appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by msdortch View Post
    is there a callanswerhangup patch for 1.4.1? you emailed me a link awhile ago for 1.4 or 1.3 but now i would like one for webos 1.4.1. Can you help me get this. I would really appreciate it!
    +1 me tooo
    can you tell me how you got it to work? i have a palm pre also...thx
    These are AMAZING patches, however I was wondering if you could possibly add each version of the patch to preware. This would be sooooo nice as it would enable users to easily switch between your different versions of the patch if needed, but mainly due to the fact that patches have to be removed prior to updates being performed. I primarily use the version that blocks all callers not in contacts so after each update I can install all my patches through preware except this one. Another example was that a family member ended up in the hospital unexpectedly and I had to remove this patch in order to receive phone calls from them and the convenience of being able to install this patch asap would have been wonderful. Anyway you can help out with making them all available through preware please???
    +1 ...I would say the one for blocking all but contacts & the other one for blocking the "No Answer" list + unknonwn/blocked callers should both get into the repository.

The only problem I could see is peolple getting confused over which is which...You know it will happen.

@elyron...Please advise you if you'd like any help.

btw...It would probaply be fairly easy to add a drop-down style option in the Phone Preferences to switch between off or the various patch options...idk, if it's worth it though because it wouldn't be as friendly for intl. users.

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Here is the updated answer/hangup version... I will see about submitting it to preware with the others.. The original intent was to create an app for all of this, but I just have not gotten around to it and am not sure it can be done as this is a base function of the phone and would need to override some of the phone app functions.

EDIT: and here's the version for everyone not in contact list and the list plus unknown/blocked callers
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by elryon; 04/10/2010 at 12:52 PM.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    +1 ...I would say the one for blocking all but contacts & the other one for blocking the "No Answer" list + unknonwn/blocked callers should both get into the repository.

The only problem I could see is peolple getting confused over which is which...You know it will happen.

@elyron...Please advise you if you'd like any help.

btw...It would probaply be fairly easy to add a drop-down style option in the Phone Preferences to switch between off or the various patch options...idk, if it's worth it though because it wouldn't be as friendly for intl. users.

exactly the reason I've been keeping this patch as simple as possible... I had thought about the drop down option and setting the the prefs... I might still do that and combine all the versions into one...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    submitted all three to preware....
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

do these new ones allow them in do not answer list to leave vm?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    do these new ones allow them in do not answer list to leave vm?
    if you don't want them to leave a vm then use the answer/hangup version. The rest all do pretty much the same thing by simply not notifying you if the call is coming in so you don't answer it. The call will then go to vm, that is a limitation by sprint. I could not find a way to have sprint cancel the call....
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Here is the updated answer/hangup version... I will see about submitting it to preware with the others.. The original intent was to create an app for all of this, but I just have not gotten around to it and am not sure it can be done as this is a base function of the phone and would need to override some of the phone app functions.

EDIT: and here's the version for everyone not in contact list and the list plus unknown/blocked callers
    which one of these do i choose for that? i only want to block those in my do not answer list

naming confuses me
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    which one of these do i choose for that? i only want to block those in my do not answer list

naming confuses me
    Depends on what exactly you want it to do...
    the callblockanswerhangup.patch will only answer and hang up on those in the "Do Not Anwer" contact
    the callblockallnotcontact.patch will block any number not listed in contact.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Depends on what exactly you want it to do...
    the callblockanswerhangup.patch will only answer and hang up on those in the "Do Not Anwer" contact
    the callblockallnotcontact.patch will block any number not listed in contact.
    elryon,

I would like to be able to have both patches installed (callblockanswerhangup.patch and callblock.patch) as I want the option to send some calls to VM and some to pickup/hangup.

In the "callblockanswerhangup.patch" can I make the following change on line 9?:

+ if (contact.name === 'Hangup Group'){

Then add both patches with WOSQI or will one overwrite or override the other? If other changes need to be made to allow both patches to work simultaneously it would be very much appreciated if you could configure the patches with this functionality.

Thank you!

evolone
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evolone View Post
    elryon,

I would like to be able to have both patches installed (callblockanswerhangup.patch and callblock.patch) as I want the option to send some calls to VM and some to pickup/hangup.

In the "callblockanswerhangup.patch" can I make the following change on line 9?:

+ if (contact.name === 'Hangup Group'){

Then add both patches with WOSQI or will one overwrite or override the other? If other changes need to be made to allow both patches to work simultaneously it would be very much appreciated if you could configure the patches with this functionality.

Thank you!

evolone
    This should be what your looking for...
    just create another contact named 'Hangup Group' and put in those numbers you want it to answer and hangup.
    the numbers in the 'Do Not Answer' contact will still be ignored automatically.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call