Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 441
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #241  
    Not sure if this working correctly for me.. .

    Can anyone tell me what the current version does?

    1. Do the blocked numbers show up in the call history? (which I agree is good)

    2. Does this put blocked callers immediately to VM or just hang up or what?
  2. #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Not sure if this working correctly for me.. .

    Can anyone tell me what the current version does?

    1. Do the blocked numbers show up in the call history? (which I agree is good)

    2. Does this put blocked callers immediately to VM or just hang up or what?
    If you mean the numbers in your "Do Not Answer" list, it my understanding that...

    1. yes...They show up in the call history.

    2. yes...They go directly to VM.

    BTW...There's a version earlier in this thread that blocks Unknowns & Blocked numbers. #144
  3. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #243  
    Sweet!
    That's exactly how I was hoping it worked.

    As far as Unknown/Blocked calls I have YouView taking care of them with the "This caller does not accept calls from blocked or unknown callers. Please unblock your number and try again. Good Bye." <click>
  4. #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Sweet!
    That's exactly how I was hoping it worked.

    As far as Unknown/Blocked calls I have YouView taking care of them with the "This caller does not accept calls from blocked or unknown callers. Please unblock your number and try again. Good Bye." <click>
    Just to clarify...I meant they get treated the same as if they were on your "Do Not Answer" list, so you don't have to listen to the phone ring.
  5. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Just to clarify...I meant they get treated the same as if they were on your "Do Not Answer" list, so you don't have to listen to the phone ring.
    Ya I gotcha.
    I just don't want to give blocked callers the option to leave a VM. YouView hangs up on them straight up.
  6. #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Ya I gotcha.
    I just don't want to give blocked callers the option to leave a VM. YouView hangs up on them straight up.
    Nice.
  7. #247  
    this doesnt work with bluetooth attached
  8. #248  
    confirmed broken with bluetooth
  9. #249  
    A really necessary tool — unfortunately?! 8o)

    If one adds a lot of contacts that need to be ignored (maybe only from time to time), it is not very convenient to have them all listed with the same "name". I have one dude that now and then gets a new number, and it would be more convenient to find this persons numbers by his name in the name field — by having the "Do Not Answer" text in another field (like for instance the nickname field) that the system could/would trigger on.

    Linking separate contact is a solution that works, but that is not very convenient either as the contact then is removed from the contact list and is not editable unless first unlinked, and than relinked.
  10. DrewPre's Avatar
    Posts
    818 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #250  
    Nickname field would be good ... or.... Notes field.
  11. #251  
    Great
  12. #252  
    thanks, this is something that I looking for!
  13. #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    this doesnt work with bluetooth attached
    Quote Originally Posted by mkedda View Post
    confirmed broken with bluetooth
    Do you mean that the patch won't work at all if you use a bluetooth headset? Or am I misunderstanding something?
  14. macd2002's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #254  
    I am loving this app due to bill collectors who constantly call my phone now I just dont even deal with it
  15. #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphoney View Post
    Do you mean that the patch won't work at all if you use a bluetooth headset? Or am I misunderstanding something?
    the way this patch works is 2 fold. 1) it "silences" the call and (2) it doesn't show any notifications.

    if a bluetooth is attached the notifications stop but you still hear the call ringing in the bluetooth.
    if you are like me and your driving ..you don't really look to see notifications ... You just answer...
  16. samid's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #256  
    Hi
    Is there anyway to enter some wild cards? I want to block all calls from area code 876 or 800. Is that possible? I have these guys from Jamaica that keep calling me!! and the change their number all the time. Apparently all I have to do is wire them like 900 bucks to cover the fees and then i get 50 million of their uncle jeffries inheritance money?!? lol

    thanks
  17. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
       #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    Hi
    Is there anyway to enter some wild cards? I want to block all calls from area code 876 or 800. Is that possible? I have these guys from Jamaica that keep calling me!! and the change their number all the time. Apparently all I have to do is wire them like 900 bucks to cover the fees and then i get 50 million of their uncle jeffries inheritance money?!? lol

    thanks
    I don't believe wild cards are supported, am looking into it now.... you could try using the version that blocks anyone not in your contact list...
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  18. #258  
    So after installing this, I no longer receive any calls or text messages. Only when i reboot the phone I receive the messages, but so far it seems like its blocking all my calls. I uninstalled it but that didnt help, what do i do? This sucks, this "patch" messed up my phone... installed it again to see if it would make my phone work normal, now the icon for the app catalog is gone
    Last edited by Mr Roman; 03/03/2010 at 01:29 AM. Reason: this patch blows
  19. #259  
    If I wanted to modify the patch to block everyone who wasn't a contact unless they were calling from certain area codes, would I make the condition for the if statement something like this?

    if ((!(contact.name)) && !((number.search(/812|814/) != -1) && (number.search(/812|814/) <= 1)))
    I don't know how WebOS does its formatting of incoming phone numbers, so I figured that checking to see if the numbers appear in the phone number and occur at the beginning would be the best way to go.

    Is this how it should be done, or is there a better way?
    Last edited by eastindyguy; 03/03/2010 at 09:46 AM.
  20. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
       #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by eastindyguy View Post
    If I wanted to modify the patch to block everyone who wasn't a contact unless they were calling from certain area codes, would I make the condition for the if statement something like this?



    I don't know how WebOS does its formatting of incoming phone numbers, so I figured that checking to see if the numbers appear in the phone number and occur at the beginning would be the best way to go.

    Is this how it should be done, or is there a better way?
    not sure if this would work, but after looking at the changes made to 1.4... I think I can add blocking of certain area codes easily as palm has already included a specific area code lookup...

    EDIT: nope sorry, spoke too soon, that was a lookup of the home area code... but it might be used...
    Last edited by elryon; 03/05/2010 at 08:07 PM.
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.

Posting Permissions