Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I updated to 1.3.5.1 yesterday from 1.3.1 (i'm on Bell, & 1.3.5 was never available). Prior to the update, I uninstalled my theme & ran EPR through Preware. No longer receiving problem calls, I didn't reinstall call block/rejector. Opened Preware, it says there's an update for the patch. Odd, I don't remember re-installing it. I click "remove", and I get the "removing" screen with the big circle... And it just stays there. After 10 minutes, I tried again, same result. Any ideas why this patch won't let me uninstall it?
    Just remove it from WebOS Quick install under Device Management
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thanks. Thought "why don't I try WQI" after posting from my easy chair. went to computer, removed it through device management... got an error message saying it wasn't there. Suddenly, it's gone from the list. Strange.
    please help me....i just installed webos 1.3.5.1. i cant get the callanswerhangup patch to work. is there a new patch for the updated webos version? if so can i have the link. i lost it when i updated webos and i really would like to have it back. its the best feature on my phone. thx
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Those are 2 different patches...The callblockallnotcontact patch only accepts calls from numbers in your contacts, so the 'Do Not Answer' numbers will be accepted...

It sounds like you want the callblockrejector patch.
    Thanks for the reply, but if I have the callblockrejector patch, will the calls I block still show in the call log & history?
    Quote Originally Posted by kermkerm View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but if I have the callblockrejector patch, will the calls I block still show in the call log & history?
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    EDIT: it does not still list in the call history.
    According the elryon's OP it shouldn't show up in the call log, but you could install and conform if you like.

Personally, I use elryon's callblocktest.patch (blocks the 'Do Not Answer' list, Unknown, & Blocked) which shows blocked calls in the log, but I don't mind...I like to see them there for reference.
    What would be nice for this Is a UI that you have options to turn on and off the call log, contacts only, reject all, extra..
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    Thanks, I"ll try it and post back..
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    According the elryon's OP it shouldn't show up in the call log, but you could install and conform if you like.

Personally, I use elryon's callblocktest.patch (blocks the 'Do Not Answer' list, Unknown, & Blocked) which shows blocked calls in the log, but I don't mind...I like to see them there for reference.
    Thanks, I'll try it & post back..
    Quote Originally Posted by upperking View Post
    What would be nice for this Is a UI that you have options to turn on and off the call log, contacts only, reject all, extra..
    I agree, that would be very nice!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    just fyi for everyone, it seems with 1.3.5 that the blocked calls now show up in the history. will work on a workaround as soon as i can....
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Personally, I love the calls showing up in the history, as I desire a log of calls, such as Callblock for Palm OS had.

I have absolutely no idea why people in this thread don't want some sort of record of who's calling their phone. Do these people check their phone call log every five seconds and hate seeing blocked calls?

Please don't remove such a useful feature!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Personally, I love the calls showing up in the history, as I desire a log of calls, such as Callblock for Palm OS had.

I have absolutely no idea why people in this thread don't want some sort of record of who's calling their phone. Do these people check their phone call log every five seconds and hate seeing blocked calls?

Please don't remove such a useful feature!

I AGREE - Keep it as is.....

Thanks

ChasPalm
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    A GUI with options would be nice.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkAv8r View Post
    A GUI with options would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by upperking View Post
    Right? It's time to take this patch to the next level. Who's got the coding chops? Let's be honest- most of the work is done in the patch already, and if you've ever looked at the patch, Elryon has done a very concise patching job. So... who can step up to the plate? Here's some options it needs:

Block all calls (On/off)
    Block calls labeled "___________" (so you could change it from Do Not Answer)
    Show Blocked calls in Log? (Yes/No toggle)
    Only accept calls from current contacts (On/Off)
    Accept all calls (On/off) (this would override everything done)

There are plenty more ways to make it more customizable, like days of the week and times to implement the rules, maybe even blocking texts at some point, but wrapping Elryon's current work up into something pretty and usable, shouldn't be TOO difficult, methinks. Mostly because of Elryon's excellent work already...
    elryon: Did you ever come up with a way to get it NOT to ring through on bluetooth (I have both a car kit, and a Jawbone).

The patch works wonderfully otherwise (I actually LIKE that it shows up in caller history, as long it does not ring OR notify!).
    Great patch. I'm running 1.3.5.1 and the calls are showing up in the call log like you mentioned. Would like for that not to heppen if you have a solution. Thanks again.
    I don't know what the WOQI is. What folder is that on my Palm?

P.S. I'm new to the Palm world, so break it down in dumb terms for me please...
    Web OS Quick Installer
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandravih View Post
    I don't know what the WOQI is. What folder is that on my Palm?

P.S. I'm new to the Palm world, so break it down in dumb terms for me please...
    web OS Quick Installer