Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I'm not a coder, so use at your own risk. All I did was take elyron's callblocktest.patch, and remove the if statement. Basically, instead of meeting a requirement set forth from the if statement, it SHOULD send all calls to voicemail. Haven't tested it, but if it doesn't work, just remove it.
    Thanks buyrihn. I'll try it tonight...
    Thanks for the great patch.. should be part of the base OS.
    Everyday I see Unknown Numbers in my call log. I thank this man. OMG THANK you have a Good Holiday!
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Before I update to 1.3.5 I need to ensure that this patch works correctly! As myself and all my friends and family are poor as dirt these days, I get about 20 collections calls a day and I RELY on this patch! This patch was the sole reason I was able to move from my Palm Centro w/ Call Block Free.

So, can anyone vouch that it works on 1.3.5?

Thanks in advance!
    Hello, i have a MAC i follwed all of the instructions, but every time i get to the part where i hit install nothing happens. i hit install and waited 20 minutes for the phone to reset and it never did so it didnt take. i have the webos QI 2.96 version. Does MAC need any additional programs to get the QI to work? Also i have MAC 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD. HELP ME PLEASE??? I've been dying for a call block program for PRE only thing i was missing from my TREO.
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    I remember being a newby too, so, here goes:

Patch install 101:
    To start with, there are a variety of ways to install patches. The two most common are Preware and WebOS Quick Install.

I only know about WebOS QI, so I'll stick with that.

• Search and find WebOS QI (current version is 2.96). Download it.
    • Find the patch in this thread that you want to use, be it just those contacts in Do Not Answer contact, or all blocked, or all unknown calls.
    • Download the patch in a file you will remember later.
    • Put your phone into developer mode. To do this, no kidding, no fooling, on your phone, with no cards open, simply type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" without the quotes. That will bring up Developer Mode
    • Slide to "On" and reset the device
    • Plug your phone into your computer and select "Just Charge"
    • Find where you downloaded WebOS QI and run it. You MUST be in developer mode
    • For your experiences, explore WebOS QI, it has a number of GREAT features, including the Tools>Tweaks section
    • But, to install the patch, click on the + sign on the right side of the WebOS QI screen
    • Browse for and select the patch you downloaded.
    • Click install
    • You're done with the install. Your Pre should restart.
    • It is a good idea to turn developer mode off when not installing things
    • Under the File>Options section, there is the ability to put Developer Mode on the Launcher

Hope that helps!

Good luck and happy patching.
    Hello, i have a MAC i follwed all of the instructions, but every time i get to the part where i hit install nothing happens. i hit install and waited 20 minutes for the phone to reset and it never did so it didnt take. i have the webos QI 2.96 version. Does MAC need any additional programs to get the QI to work? Also i have MAC 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD. HELP ME PLEASE??? I've been dying for a call block program for PRE only thing i was missing from my TREO.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    1.3.5 has been out for days and really nobody has tried to use this patch? I thought this patch had a lot of usage. Sorry for the bump but I would really like someone's experience, or at least a decent educated guess if this patch works with 1.3.5 from the 1.3.1 update.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Kujila; 01/08/2010 at 09:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    1.3.5 has been out for days and really nobody has tried to use this patch? I thought this patch had a lot of usage. Sorry for the bump but I would really like someone's experience, or at least a decent educated guess if this patch works with 1.3.5 from the 1.3.1 update.

Thanks!

Yes it works just fine for me.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Yes it works, I got my first blocked call today and remembered a patch for that so I modified it to block the blocked numbers. This was worth the donation to elryon a while ago.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Hey thanks alvin319 & mamouton ! I really appreciate hearing that news Cheers
    Yep, works for me! In fact this was the first patch I applied post update to 1.3.5 (well, not counting the two WebOSQI requires for tweaks).
    I get an error and it reboots the pre when I tryinstalling the patch.

ERROR:An error occured while trying to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh
    patching file user/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephoneyEventListener.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 665
    1 out of 1 hunk failed--saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/models/TelephoneyEventListener.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by upperking View Post
    I get an error and it reboots the pre when I tryinstalling the patch.

ERROR:An error occured while trying to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh
    patching file user/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephoneyEventListener.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 665
    1 out of 1 hunk failed--saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/models/TelephoneyEventListener.jsjsjs.$rej$
    that would indicate that your phone file is different than stock... either edited already by a patch or something... did you have this patch installed before upgrading?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    no i didnt,first time install
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by upperking View Post
    no i didnt,first time install
    Then what other patches do you have, any phone related ones? This only adds two lines to the file.... what os version?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    im doing a webdoctor to the phone and try again..
    Great patch works great.

Hey it would be great if you created a UI interface to edit options...

Last edited by upperking; 01/03/2010 at 08:56 AM.
    SMS BLOCKING!

Not sure if this is an option for all those users that are asking about blocking txts but I use SprintPCS 2way SMS web site to enlist all numbers I don't want txts from.
    With a limit of 50 numbers, it's more than enough so far, since I give my number to family and clients only! And my google voice number to new acquaintances
    I installed what I thought was the latest version of the callblockallnotcontact patch using WebosQI. First I removed the callblockrejector patch. It isn't working at all. Calls listed under 'Do Not Answer' still come through and show up in history & call log. Is there an updated version for 1.3.5.1? I really need the patch to block the numbers i specify and not show up in the call history or log, just straight to voicemail. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kermkerm View Post
    I installed what I thought was the latest version of the callblockallnotcontact patch using WebosQI. First I removed the callblockrejector patch. It isn't working at all. Calls listed under 'Do Not Answer' still come through and show up in history & call log. Is there an updated version for 1.3.5.1? I really need the patch to block the numbers i specify and not show up in the call history or log, just straight to voicemail. Thanks.
    Those are 2 different patches...The callblockallnotcontact patch only accepts calls from numbers in your contacts, so the 'Do Not Answer' numbers will be accepted...

It sounds like you want the callblockrejector patch.