Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    is this pixi compatible?
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    why can't we edit that like of code to include a persons name?
    I think it is a cool program. I put all the numbers that are unwanted ( The same bill that keeps calling and then hanging up because I have already made the arrangement-uuuugh! ) under one profile name " Do Not Answer " and then where it says "Company & Job Title". I entered the Bill Name's. Then I can identify who it is that keeps calling in the call list-

Great APP

Smooches!

Butter
    For those on the Sprint network interested in blocking text messages from a phone number, simply send a text message to Sprint at 9999 and include the phone number (ex 313-313-1313) you want to block in this manner.

Block "3133131313"

(remove quotations in text message)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigglesworth View Post
    I guess that's a "no" then!
    if you login to your sprint account and go to My sprint, go to My Online Tools, and you will see a link called Block text messages. In there, enter the ones you want to block.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I was just getting ready to post about this, also if you hit the answer button on your blue tooth it will answer the phone. The phone itself completely ignores the call and there is no option to answer or anything else on the phone. I agree with Twosted though it is annoying it there any way to set it to not ring at all through the headset? I have also played with all my google voice setting and I have th Do Not Answer contact set for Block caller option and it gives a disconnected message. Priceless!!!
    Can you elaborate on how you did this? I was under the impression that if you just used the call forwarding aspect so you could use the voicemail function, you couldn't utilize their call management functions. I would LOVE to set it up like you did.
    I keep getting an Error....

Mount : Mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / Failed: Device or Resource busy

Now I get this when installing your app but I can change themes and all so I wonder whats wrong
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Can you elaborate on how you did this? I was under the impression that if you just used the call forwarding aspect so you could use the voicemail function, you couldn't utilize their call management functions. I would LOVE to set it up like you did.
    Once the call is forwarded to your google voice, you can then go to your google voice account and find the number in your history and block it. They will then get a recording saying the number is disconnected everytime they call.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTwnPaparazzi View Post
    I keep getting an Error....

Mount : Mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / Failed: Device or Resource busy

Now I get this when installing your app but I can change themes and all so I wonder whats wrong
    Restart your Pre (orange + sym + r) to fix that error.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    I dunno why I am havign so many problems installing this patch. I finally got everything to work and install says the patch is on my phone through the Device Management. But I still get calls from Unknown Numbers all the time. I thought this was suppose to block those calls. Can Someone please help me.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Does anyone have an invite for google voice? I would really appreciate any help that anyone could give.
    Thank you
    Andrew
    Last edited by drewlanger; 12/12/2009 at 06:07 PM.
    I think once you set up a gmail account google talk comes with it. I don't remember doing anything separate for google talk.
    I would love an Invite to Google Voice too, and I hope someone will be nice enough to send me one. I basically use my phone for business and my number has been mine for over 6 years now. In the last year someone has been calling my phone with a private number. At 1st I thought that they would stop and get over it but the calls just multiplied and got worse and worse. I called Sprint to try to have the Private number traced and put in a police report with the local police, all for them to tell me that they couldnt trace the number. To have this application work would be a Godsend to me. I dunno why I cant get it to work. I need some way to block these private number and I will feel at peace again. If anyone has a google voice invite I would love it. Or tell me how to get this patch to work. If you have the invite send it to LenelDenhamJr@yahoo.com would be much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTwnPaparazzi View Post
    I dunno why I am havign so many problems installing this patch. I finally got everything to work and install says the patch is on my phone through the Device Management. But I still get calls from Unknown Numbers all the time. I thought this was suppose to block those calls. Can Someone please help me.
    The main patch only blocks calls listed or linked to the do not answer contact.

If you want to block unknown numbers, you need to use the callblocktest patch elryon listed in a previous post.
    Does anyone know of a patch (or way) to Ignore ALL calls? I want to continue receiving emails, txt and browse but want all calls to go directly to VM.
    Okay I guess I am just not very smart when it comes to these things, how do I make this work? Do I need to save this patch to my phone? Will it automaticly work or do I have to take additional steps? I am just trying to ignore blocked or unknown calls.
    Thanks!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by asessi00 View Post
    Okay I guess I am just not very smart when it comes to these things, how do I make this work? Do I need to save this patch to my phone? Will it automaticly work or do I have to take additional steps? I am just trying to ignore blocked or unknown calls.
    Thanks!!!!
    I remember being a newby too, so, here goes:

Patch install 101:
    To start with, there are a variety of ways to install patches. The two most common are Preware and WebOS Quick Install.

I only know about WebOS QI, so I'll stick with that.

• Search and find WebOS QI (current version is 2.96). Download it.
    • Find the patch in this thread that you want to use, be it just those contacts in Do Not Answer contact, or all blocked, or all unknown calls.
    • Download the patch in a file you will remember later.
    • Put your phone into developer mode. To do this, no kidding, no fooling, on your phone, with no cards open, simply type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" without the quotes. That will bring up Developer Mode
    • Slide to "On" and reset the device
    • Plug your phone into your computer and select "Just Charge"
    • Find where you downloaded WebOS QI and run it. You MUST be in developer mode
    • For your experiences, explore WebOS QI, it has a number of GREAT features, including the Tools>Tweaks section
    • But, to install the patch, click on the + sign on the right side of the WebOS QI screen
    • Browse for and select the patch you downloaded.
    • Click install
    • You're done with the install. Your Pre should restart.
    • It is a good idea to turn developer mode off when not installing things
    • Under the File>Options section, there is the ability to put Developer Mode on the Launcher

Hope that helps!

Good luck and happy patching.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmprepaul View Post
    Does anyone know of a patch (or way) to Ignore ALL calls? I want to continue receiving emails, txt and browse but want all calls to go directly to VM.
    I'm not a coder, so use at your own risk. All I did was take elyron's callblocktest.patch, and remove the if statement. Basically, instead of meeting a requirement set forth from the if statement, it SHOULD send all calls to voicemail. Haven't tested it, but if it doesn't work, just remove it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I WANNA KISS ELYRON! Man Bro I swear I think what messed me up the 1st time was an old WebOS QI. At the same time I was in the process of trying and when I say TRYING I mean TRYING to get my contacts back, and I think the patch got locked on a partial erase so it wouldnt let me install the right patch I needed.... Finally I got the patch installed and i was wondering why no blocked calls... Then someone informed me I had the wrong patch. Either way all your patches work now as I see them in action. I AM LOVING THIS. My Ex use to call me and when she knew I was on the phone would CONSTANTLY keep calling my phone so I hear the beep of the call waiting. Now all I see if her blocked calls in the call log when I hand up. YOU ARE A NERVE SAVER. THANKS MAN. I SWEAR I NEED TO PAY YOU SOMETHING. 1 WHOLE YEAR OF NOTHING AND YOU DID IT MAN YOU F'ING DID IT!

EDIT: Does the callblocktest.patch also block calls that are listed as do not answer. Or do I need a whole different patch. Now I am Extremely happy with the blocked calls i am just getting greedy lol.
    Last edited by ChiTwnPaparazzi; 12/15/2009 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Forgot to ask aboout Do Not Answer Numbers!
    EDIT: Does the callblocktest.patch also block calls that are listed as do not answer. Or do I need a whole different patch. Now I am Extremely happy with the blocked calls i am just getting greedy lol.
    Here's the patch from Elryon I referred to in an earlier post...

It blocks all incoming calls from Unknown/Blocked numbers AND those you've listed or linked to your Do Not Answer contact.

Agreed...Elryon did a great job on this one!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

For refernce, you can use the Repair Utility developed Jason Robitaille to restore original copies of files which sometimes get "stuck" when installing/uninstalling a patch doesn't quite complete correctly...

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-software/204495-webos-repair-utility.html

The only caveat is to be careful when a file may have been modified by more than one patch.

With this patch the file would be:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs

I hope this information is helpful.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ok I hadnt created any numbers as a Do Not answer Contact. So hadnt tested that was just wondering... But the Private and Unknown calls Work Perfectly. I LOVE THIS PATCH