1.    #1  
    I have tried many diff ways to get this to work. It will not install on my Pre, I keep getting error hunk 3 failed.

This used to work for me then I ran the doctor a few days ago due to the 1.2.1 AGAIN problem. I didnt like the problems I was having so I doctored again last night, So w/ a fresh clean Pre I tried to install this one first( after the prerequisite stuff) and still no go.

Anybody else having this Problem?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I have tried many diff ways to get this to work. It will not install on my Pre, I keep getting error hunk 3 failed.

This used to work for me then I ran the doctor a few days ago due to the 1.2.1 AGAIN problem. I didnt like the problems I was having so I doctored again last night, So w/ a fresh clean Pre I tried to install this one first( after the prerequisite stuff) and still no go.

Anybody else having this Problem?
    First as in before ANYTHING else? like no theme or anything?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    First as in before ANYTHING else? like no theme or anything?
    Yes first as in before anything except preware, optware, and associated software.

As far as themes I dont use them, now I did change a few .pngs, icons and such. Not in theme format, manually through WinScp. I made no changes to the bar-assistant at all. This was done before the attempt at batt% patch.
    BTW the actual% patch works just neither of the patches that affect the bar-assistant.

I did have a few patches that wouldn't install due to my adding about 4 lines of code( for backgroung color) in messaging.css so some patches wouldnt work and never have for me. Mainly avatar patch.

Thanks for the help

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Yes first as in before anything except preware, optware, and associated software.

As far as themes I dont use them, now I did change a few .pngs, icons and such. Not in theme format, manually through WinScp. I made no changes to the bar-assistant at all. This was done before the attempt at batt% patch.
    BTW the actual% patch works just neither of the patches that affect the bar-assistant.

I did have a few patches that wouldn't install due to my adding about 4 lines of code( for backgroung color) in messaging.css so some patches wouldnt work and never have for me. Mainly avatar patch.

The show actual % modifies bar-assistant and is incompatible with % as/and icon patches.

The only other reason they might not apply is if you used a doctor for a different webos version?

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  5.    #5  
    The show actual % modifies bar-assistant and is incompatible with % as/and icon patches.

The only other reason they might not apply is if you used a doctor for a different webos version?
    I got that I only applied the actual% after the batt as % gave me the error.

Im sure its v1.2.1!

It has done this since last week been through Dr 2 times and still no go!

It worked previous to the forced reupdate of 1.2.1

Follow the link below.

I got that I only applied the actual% after the batt as % gave me the error.

Im sure its v1.2.1!

It has done this since last week been through Dr 2 times and still no go!

It worked previous to the forced reupdate of 1.2.1
    Very odd, could you give entire detailed ipkg log?

-Eric G

Donate
  7.    #7  
    Very odd, could you give entire detailed ipkg log?
    Got it figured out,Sort of!

let me explain. I modified the systemui.css to change the font color of the time and appname wrapper first, but what I dont understand is why would the patch not work? the lines were not moved, nothing was out of place, the only change was the html code for the above items.

Does this Patch replace the whole .css w/ an original? I dont understand why the patch would error when nothing really changed! does the patch process have the ability to error on changes that small?

If so can the patch be modified to skip the html changes?

BTW I went in and replaced the .css w/ an orig. and then installed the patch, then I went back in and made the necessary changes.

Thanks again e_money33

Follow the link below.

If you modified something that is part of the context in a hunk that the patch modifies, then the patch will not be able to cleanly apply. Looking at the % as icon patch, the patch puts code between the following:

Code:
    #power {
    	margin-left: 2px;
    	width: 17px;		
    }
    #power.error {
    	background: url(../images/battery-error.png) center center no-repeat;
    }
    If you modify that part of systemui.css then the patch will not be able to apply cleanly afterwards. Which is why manual modifications are not recommended nor can they be supported.

Make sure you are always prepared to dig into what manual mods are conflicting with and be careful to remove them manually before an EPR (unless you know the details of what you are doing in which case I don't have to explain)

-Eric G

Donate
  9.    #9  
    If you modified something that is part of the context in a hunk that the patch modifies, then the patch will not be able to cleanly apply. Looking at the % as icon patch, the patch puts code between the following:

Code:
    #power {
    	width: 17px;		
    }
    #power.error {
    	background: url(../images/battery-error.png) center center no-repeat;
    }
    If you modify that part of systemui.css then the patch will not be able to apply cleanly afterwards. Which is why manual modifications are not recommended nor can they be supported.

Make sure you are always prepared to dig into what manual mods are conflicting with and be careful to remove them manually before an EPR (unless you know the details of what you are doing in which case I don't have to explain)

Thats just it I didnt make any changes there.

Code:
    .status-bar {
    		color: #00ffff;
    		font-weight: bold;
    		font-size: 14px;
    		line-height: 25px;
    }

#appmenu {
    		position: fixed;
    		margin: 0;
    		top: 0;
    		left: 0;
    		height: 28px;
    		width: 140px;
    		padding: 0;
    }

#date-and-time {
    		margin: 1px 0 0 0;
    		left: 0;
    		width: 100%;
    		padding: 0;
    		text-align: center;
    }

.clock {
    		font-size: 21px;
    }

#devicemenu {
    		margin: 0;
    		right: 0;
    		width: 180px;
    }

.appname-container {
    		max-height: 26px;
    		float: left;
    		border-width: 0 20px 0 13px;
    		-webkit-border-image: url(../images/appname-background.png) 0 20 0 13 repeat repeat;
    }

.appname-wrapper {
    		line-height: 26px;
    		margin: 0px 3px 0 -4px;
    		max-width: 106px;
    }

.carrier-wrapper {
    		line-height: 27px;
    		max-width: 132px;
    }

#carrier {
    		float: left;
    		white-space: nowrap;
    		overflow: hidden;
    		text-overflow: ellipsis;
    }
    Those are the only changes I made, As you can see I did not add any space nor did i affect the area where the patch is placed.

Am I missing something?

Follow the link below.

Those 2 changes will not effect the patch then. Now if you used an editor in DOS mode (like maybe a Windows editor), it may have inserted carriage return bytes at the end of each line on systemui.css. The file would like fine to you but the patch would fail because the context of those lines it wants to patch contain an unexpected byte (carriage return).

-Eric G

Donate
  11.    #11  
    Those 2 changes will not effect the patch then. Now if you used an editor in DOS mode (like maybe a Windows editor), it may have inserted carriage return bytes at the end of each line on systemui.css. The file would like fine to you but the patch would fail because the context of those lines it wants to patch contain an unexpected byte (carriage return).
    ok I understand!

So would the editor in WinScp be considered in dos mode. if so what editor should I be using?

Follow the link below.