Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is a fix for the patch mentioned:

Patch Calendar Show All-Day Events in Month View - WebOS Internals and here http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...iew-patch.html

It shows all day events in the monthly calender.
    Be sure to switch the calendar in the upper right! From all to a particular calendar.

Things i fixed:
    # Works on 1.2.1
    # All day events now have the same color as the calendar they are on (only if the correct calendar is selected, otherwise will show grey in all view)
    # Doesn't have same same issues as 1.2 (hiding all other events, and showing on other months)
    # Its pimp

Original credits to:
    d2globalinc

For anyone who appreciates this, donate to wiki:
    WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals

Link:
    http://thenxtlvl.com/pre/all-day-eve..._1.2.1-1.patch

Has been submitted to preware

If someone has dBsooner's email address, could you get the images to him please? Didn't submit those for preware
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by daventx; 10/23/2009 at 06:53 PM.
    Screenshot? Or is there one in Preware when it comes up there?
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Yay! Thanks for fixing this. I'm not seeing any colors though, like you mentioned.

Screenshot:
    I was going to wait till it showed up in Preware myself, but tried it anyway, no colors for me either.
    oh manthx u
  6.    #6  
    I have colors with the patch above.

Are you switching calendars at the top right?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ahh, I misunderstood. I thought you meant that in "All" view, that each day would have a color for whichever category it was in. I didn't know you had to go into a specific view to see that.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah, sorry about that.. I rephrased my intro.

It obviously could be possible to have all colors on one page, but if all (grey) works fine.. why make it more difficult..?

I may look into making a multi color all page later.. but for now.. just suffer
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daventx View Post
    Yeah, sorry about that.. I rephrased my intro.

It obviously could be possible to have all colors on one page, but if all (grey) works fine.. why make it more difficult..?

Coloring the day by calendar would be really nice but this is great for the way it is, better than nothing. Thanks a ton!
    Thanks a lot, really glad to have this back up...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I wonder, would it be possible to use a different patterned background then the top right to bottom left slanted stripes?

Maybe slanted in the other direction? This way, if I have an all-day event on a day, AND other events during the day I could see both by looking at month view, because the parts where I had another event would have it in both directions, and the parts that only had the all-day event would just have the one direction- or at least sort of like that but divided into thirds of the day like the calendar automatically does it as it is.
    This is nice and a leap forward, thanks.

Any chance we might see in the future color coded dots like the calendar on Centro?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I wonder, would it be possible to use a different patterned background then the top right to bottom left slanted stripes?

Maybe slanted in the other direction? This way, if I have an all-day event on a day, AND other events during the day I could see both by looking at month view, because the parts where I had another event would have it in both directions, and the parts that only had the all-day event would just have the one direction- or at least sort of like that but divided into thirds of the day like the calendar automatically does it as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    This is nice and a leap forward, thanks.

Any chance we might see in the future color coded dots like the calendar on Centro?
    I looked around real quick for the "centro color coded dots" and couldn't find an example.. so i'm not sure what it looks like.

I could pretty easily get the "all day" pattern to look different than just a partial view. I'll mess around with it over the next week and see what i can come up with and find issues. Also would need to see how to create a graphic with a patch, if i do need additional graphics for it.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Thanks for this, I was really missing this patch.
    Is there an update for 1.3.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyazn23 View Post
    Is there an update for 1.3.1?
    It's been in Preware for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It's been in Preware for a while.
    Then i guess i'm having issues then... I installed it through webos install & preware, but it's not showing up. I also uninstalled with device management... Does anyone have any ideas?
    Hi,

I think this patch is great, but in my case, i.e. I have a Weather Calendar configured in Google, so if I want to show it in my All Calendars option, It shows me the next few days occupied (and of course is my weather calendar).

It would be doable to hide this kind of calendars in month view?
    Quote Originally Posted by daventx View Post
    Is there any chance of implementing this ? ... this would make this patch so much better.
  20.    #20  
    Ok.. i've looked it over.. and due to my limited skills.. I would need some help.

I'm listing some issues below.

1) The current code only grabs ONE calendar color at a time. Grey (All), or the various others for the calendar.

2) I have no idea what i is doing.. :P My current patch adds the ability to see all day events, i used what i saw in day/week view. But what month is doing, makes no sense to me.. weird java stuff

Basically, i would need some help creating an external loop. Reusing some of the stuff from lines 354-406 in month-assistant.jsjsjs.. $like$ $moving$ $the$ $calendar$ $color$ $outside$.

Here is a link to my current patch for others to look at, and hopefully help out. For some reason, i can't attach files?

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/..._in_Month_View

I know its possible, if we got the above plus a little css.. it would work!
    Last edited by daventx; 03/04/2010 at 08:09 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast